Code of Conduct

Default Can a fragrance be "repaired" - pepper note in SMW

Well, my SMW came (the one I got for $70) and it seems to be genuine, but old and not the version usually shipped to America - much of the packaging is in Arabic, and there is a definite pepper note (?) that I don't remember when I wore the one from Neiman Marcus. I'm thinking that maybe it's just old and some of the notes have been mixed out of proportion...

if I stuck it in the refrigerator for a week or so, do you think it would help balance this out? It's like you can't smell the tea until the pepper dies out. It's very strange.

Default Re: Can a fragrance be "repaired" in a refrigerato

I had the same problem out of SMW my friend and there is nothing you can do about it but get rid of it. Mine also had the dominate pepper (black currant) note that was strong and smelled like it had went bad. I knew it wasn't supposed to smell like this as I had samples. I got it from a store that may not have been ligit and sadly payed full price for it. Well, I ordered a real bottle from Neiman Marcus and much to my pleasure, it is wonderful and everything it should be!

Cold climates may slow chemical reactions but they will not repair anything.

Default Re: Can a fragrance be "repaired" in a refrigerato

So what's the deal? Is it counterfeit or just old?

This really pisses me off. I paid $70. Even though that's cheap for a Creed it's ridiculous for a fake.

The thing is, after a few hours it smells genuine again, and the lasting power is just as good as the real one. And it stays on my sheets just like the real one did.

I'm confused.

Default Re: Can a fragrance be "repaired" - pepper note in

As far as I know SMW doesn't have black pepper in it. It's notes are: citrus , Tea, Blackcurrant, Musk and Ambergris.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    As far as I know SMW doesn't have black pepper in it. It's notes are: citrus , Tea, Blackcurrant, Musk and Ambergris.

Black currant has pepper characteristics in the spice family. It comes across with a peppery feeling.

Ren, I would say that it is probably a concentration miscalculation as that note, the black currant, is dominating the fragrance. It is possible that note did go bad and has been exposed to high temps over a prolonged period of time. I would try to get my money ack and get it from somewhere else.

Why is it that a lot of Creeds you buy from E-Bay come from the Arabic market? Some Creeds I bought from E-Bay, had this little paper in it, written in Arabic,although I bought them from a U.S.A. store/seller.
    I never had bad experiences though in buying bad or fake ones though. *I had a small bottle of SMW, from a real store and one from E-Bay. No differences however.

Eric,

The only way to not worth as much get authetic creed without the arabic writing is to get it fom neiman marcus which is a genuine authorized creed dealer. There will never be arabic in those bottles as far as my experience goes. Everytime I order creed even from the best, reputable web dealers, they all have arabic writing. The reason being is that they can amass a huge stock of creed from the arabic market and sell them for cheap; naturally the arabic creed are more dated, hence all of the 2002 on the box complaints, and they are not worth as much as the one fresh from creed witht the english. What do stores in the mall do when they have new inventory in? They have to have a sale to get rid of their stock so, I doubt the creed everyone gets from the web at low prices are laboratory direct??? Something to think about.

I ordered GIT from the web and have been quite satisfied with it but with SMW I was not. To ensure quality and since a 4 oz lasts a while, I usually order from neimans for the best, freshest bottle available since they move their products rapidly.

i know i shouldn't do this but i bought SMW from an online place and it also had the 'not so good' trait so i went to Neiman's and bought a bottle there. then i switched out the bottles (thank god Creed doesn't wrap their boxes in cellophane), and returned the crap one to Neiman's.

i felt bad at first but, but cmon, let's be honest. i'm sure some rich fool who shops there will buy the bottle simply for its status and won't evn realize there's a difference, and if they do i'm sure Neiman's can handle it. their snobby employees could stand to take a nice kick in the ass back to reality everyonce in a while.

I also received my bottle of MI with Arabic writing and the 2002 date. Gee, I thought, this really was made for the king of Saudi Arabia! The only reason I pursued the bottle in the first place was the sample I got was incredible and it lasted into the late afternoon. I had read about longevity problems and was very careful about gauging it on myself. Late afternoon is not as long as my Tabarome (which lasts into next week on me) but was good enough. I would never have bought a full bottle if there was a longevity problem, no matter how incredible the frag. Well, I would choose those top notes over oxygen. I am transported to the Mediterranean, where dark eyed virgins feed me watermelon and the crisp tang of brine settles into my shining skin and………….for an hour and a half. I am really disappointed too. I don’t want to lose faith but I have been burnt pretty bad. Maybe someday after my posttraumatic stress subsides, I will purchase a “real” bottle. Until then I shower in the stuff and enjoy being transported to the Mediterranean and…well, you know. You are not alone! Good luck, Duke

Yes Duke, My real bottle of MI is the real deal and it last well into the next day on me.

Ikkitosennomusha, you are not helping! ….reaching for a hanky…whaaaaa…oh, I think I am alright now…but there it is! That solid gold bottle! …..whaaaahaaaa…..mommie! Just kidding. Thanks for the info on why my bottle was Arabic. I was going to post a new thread to ask about it. Take care, Duke

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm

i felt bad at first but, but cmon, let's be honest. *i'm sure some rich fool who shops there will buy the bottle simply for its status and won't evn realize there's a difference, and if they do i'm sure Neiman's can handle it. *their snobby employees could stand to take a nice kick in the ass back to reality everyonce in a while.
    Justifying stealing like this is misguided at best. How is returning a bottle and ripping off a company going to show those "snobby employees"? Why do they give a hoot that stuff like this causes retailers to charge higher prices? Also what if it's a not a snobby rich guy, but someone like the people here who legitimately love it? You've now inconvenienced them as they have to make another trip back to the store while worrying whether they'll take it back or not. I mean, sadly, many people do this but don't try to justify this by a "sticking it to the man defense". It's still stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    Eric,

The only way to not worth as much get authetic creed without the arabic writing is to get it fom neiman marcus which is a genuine authorized creed dealer. There will never be arabic in those bottles as far as my experience goes. Everytime I order creed even from the best, reputable web dealers, they all have arabic writing. The reason being is that they can amass a huge stock of creed from the arabic market and sell them for cheap; naturally the arabic creed are more dated, hence all of the 2002 on the box complaints, and they are not worth as much as the one fresh from creed witht the english. What do stores in the mall do when they have new inventory in? They have to have a sale to get rid of their stock so, I doubt the creed everyone gets from the web at low prices are laboratory direct??? Something to think about.

I ordered GIT from the web and have been quite satisfied with it but with SMW I was not. To ensure quality and since a 4 oz lasts a while, I usually order from neimans for the best, freshest bottle available since they move their products rapidly.
    I bought a Creed once for full retail in a shop and it said 2002 on the box,while it was 2004. And this year I bought a Creed from a *e-bay seller and the box had 2004 on it, so that looks still pretty new to me?
    By the way, all the Original Vetiver bottles on E-Bay, can't be older than a year since it was released in 2004,so if you can live with a 6 months or even 12 months old bottle than I guess it would be ok, not?. By the way , I agree with you on the fact that ,ofcourse ,nothing is safer than buying directly in a shop like Neiman Marcus, cause you can control imediately the bottle you buy.