Code of Conduct

Default Aqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta

So, I bought a decant of this blind. What should I expect?

It seems to have a lot of ingrediants, is it well balanced, does it last?

Default Re: Aqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta

I found this in Bergdoff Goodman a few months back on a lunch hour. I sprayed it on a card and it started out very lemony but then transformed into a really terrific scent. The card was still going strong when I left for the day about 5 hours later.

This is on my short list. I will pick up a bottle in the very near future - the only things that had held me up were that I was trying to see if anyone was willing to swap it and that Bergdoff Goodman is a bit out of my way.

I love this one - it get's heavy play in my rotation. It's a lovely take on the classic eau de cologne - citrus yes, but to me it's the rose note that makes it distinctive. It also has a nice soapy/spicy edge that gives it some substance.

I like this one too. The original AdP always went a bit musty on me. Assoluta plays down the rose and accentuates the citrus which I find makes it much more wearable. It also lasts quite well.

S.

I have a sample though I haven't had it on recently. If memory serves, my reaction was that it was not too different from AdP. On me it had the same crisp, clean citrus/soapy aura. Sounds like a good time to break it out and give it another test run.

Aaron

Steely said it best, less rose and more lemons than the original. Two nice changes. There is also a fresh minty green note in there - all in all a fab scent! Like the black stopper of the original more though.

MMM

I'm a big fan of the original, and prefer the original due to the rose note, but I would not hesitate to buy Colonia Assoluta if I was getting the DTs for a citrus scent and needed a fix quick.

Long lasting and excellent.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

There's a good hit of lavender in there, too, isn't there? I find there's a good crisp balance to Colonia Assoluta. The original AdP doesn't do much for me, but I like this rendition a lot. A long-lasting citrus scent that's on the dry side.

I got my decant yesterday and tried it last night and your descriptions were right on the money.

I think I'm going to like this!

I just picked up the 1.7 oz spray of Colonia Assoluta at Bergdoff Goodman at lunch today. The sales lady gave me a travel size splash also. She also gave me spray samples of Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri and Mandorlo Di Sicilia. Passing the Creed counter, I got a vial of the original Tabarome. And I found a great brick oven pizza place for lunch on the way back, so I think I did pretty well!!

The SA told me that the Mandorlo and Arancia are approriate for both men and women. The Mandorlo smells really good (like custard) but is it really appropriate for a man to wear?

Ooooh Mandorlo Di Sicilia is excellent! Has that roasted sweet almonds thing going, love it. Absolutely suitable for a man!

MMM