Code of Conduct

Default Bond N9 Hamptons.

I noticed that Saks has yet an new Bond N9 (does Laurice Rahm launches a new fragrance every season, or what?), this one is called Hamptons.
    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...amp;DCLKSLOT=3

From the color of the bottle I would have thought it would be a "marine" scent, but the discription tells something else.

Default Re: Bond N9 Hamptons.

I'll post some impressions later this week--I ordered a bottle from Lisa at BeautyCafe and it shipped today! First blind purchase in a while...
    The Bark Bites Back.

It sounds really awesome, and I LOVE how the blue liquid looks inside the bottle!!!! The notes sound interesting too. Cant wait to try it. I was disappointed with Chinatown, but hopefully this will be good.
    Awesomeguy

I have it.
    Think Creed - Silver Mountain Water with a new dimension. Certainly waaayyyy better than SMW.

The bottle looks cool but I am reluctant to believe that anyting bond makes is better than creed. I think most of bond is cheap horse piss.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    The bottle looks cool but I am reluctant to believe that anyting bond makes is better than creed. I think most of bond is cheap horse piss.
    Similarly, I sampled "Wall Street" by Bond No 9 a few days ago, it smellt like a cheap version of SMW. Initially I liked it, however when the drydown became imminent I felt cheated by the inferior smell I witnessed,

Personally, I think the brand is a weak one & I can't begin to fathom how they can justify the prices they charge.

Have I got a witness in the house?

Magnnum
    Let your nose be your pilot

I think the comparison with SMW is pretty well-deserved, though there's some prominent floral notes in Hamptons that gives it another dimension (I believe there's Turkish Rose). It has a burst of something on top that smells a bit fresher, and so far it lacks that "Creed" note into the dry down and appears to have better longevity--at least on my skin. It's almost like a mix of SMW and Erolfa. Definately glad I made the purchase.

I don't see any real similarities with Wall St. and SMW. Wall St.'s drydown is much different (one of the better ones I've encountered recently), with its hints of leather.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    [quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1118771727/0#4 date=1118812401]The bottle looks cool but I am reluctant to believe that anyting bond makes is better than creed. I think most of bond is cheap horse piss.
    Similarly, I sampled "Wall Street" by Bond No 9 a few days ago, it smellt like a cheap version of SMW. Initially I liked it, however when the drydown became imminent I felt cheated by the inferior smell I witnessed,

Personally, I think the brand is a weak one & I can't begin to fathom how they can justify the prices they charge.

Have I got a witness in the house?

Magnnum[/quote]

Actually, Wall street is ripping off Erolfa. Chez bond is ripping of GIT.

You have hand it to Laurice Rahme so sheer ballsiness. Copying other fragrances and charging more than the original ones. Of those I have tried

Great Jones is a copy of Creed Baie De Genevre
    Eau De New York is a copy of Annick Goutal's Eau De Hadrien
    Hot Always is a copy of L'Artisan Patchouli Patch
    Chez Bond is a copy of Creed GIT
    Hamptons is a copy of Creed SMW

Wall Street however is an original scent. Smells like wine gone bad to me. Interesting cucumber and sea kale notes but funky smelly wine that ruins it. This house brings to mind the old saying -- "This house is both good and original. Where it is original it is not good. Where it is good it is not original" . The womens' list might be different. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I always thought Eaud de NY is a copy of SMW

To each their own. *Between Creed/Bond, I have 16 bottles (9 and 7), so I'm not going to be narrow-minded or and say if you like one you can't like the other: there's enough differences between GIT and Chez Bond to have warranted purchasing both in my mind (and frankly, my opinion is the only one that matters, unless anybody wants me to spend their money ). *The only Creed I ever traded off, however, is Erolfa, which hardly resembles Wall Street. *Baie de Genevre I returned because it smelled like a musty old man to my nose (ironically, I got the Erolfa in exchange). *In the larger realm of my collection, these aren't necessarily the best fragrances--nor the most expensive... Nonetheless, I like them just the same.
    The Bark Bites Back.