Code of Conduct

Default The Little Discussed Pasha--love it or hate it?

There seems to be no middle ground on this one.

My own personal opinion is that it's fantastic. It's bright, clean and fresh without the dreaded "living air/aquatic" notes. To me it just smells wonderful, is quite versatile, and lasts.

Today when I looked at the few reviews of this one they were all positive. However, the few times this baby gets mentioned here, I read..."makes me want to vomit..."..."instant headache"...."the worst ever...." etc.

I have such a completely different reaction to this one that I am wondering if this is one, like Korous, that there is just no middle ground on.

Love it or hate it?

By the way, in searching for the directory for Cartier scents, I stumbled on "Santos Concentree." I remember liking Santos quite a bit, though I don't own it, and am really intrigued to smell the Concentree version. It got wonderful reviews. Anyone willing to provide me with a small sample, sell me a decant, or anyone have a whole bottle for swap??

Default Re: The Little Discussed Pasha--love it or hate it

Pasha didn't do it for me. I didn't hate it by any means, I just don't think I like scents with mint in them. And I think Pasha has mint in it... (checking my notes)... yeah, looks like it's got mint. I like mint in my gum and my... well, in my mints! But not in my fragrance.
    [smiley=tongue.gif]

I think it's pretty good, I've got a little mini of it.
    But I can't tell it apart from Bijan's Michael Jordan Cologne - another scent that many people don't like around here, which I think is very good.
    Renato

i'm on the fence with this one. i feel its a bit dated. i know it was made a more recently than the 80's but for some reason after it has been on me for a while it develops this soapiness that reminds me of drakkar noir, but isn't nearly as bad. actually i think i like it more than i dislike it. cartier makes wonderful woody scents and this one is no exception to the rule.

I actually like this sophisticated fragrance which I deem suited to a gentleman. The mint note lends an air of freshness to it & the drydown is quite pleasant, as I rather like the blend of patchouli, oakmoss & sandalwood. I never owned a bottle but I must admit that it is a serious contender on my wish list. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Magnnum
    Let your nose be your pilot

Pasha has always struck me as something Ralph Lauren should have released for some reason. To me it smells like a mix of Drakkar, Safari and Jazz/Tsar - It´s ok I guess but the mint version turns awfully cloying on me .

MMM

I used to be a big Pasha fan, but I found that it faded very quickly on me. You may also be interested in the other menthe version (green juice).

As far as Santos Concentree, I recently bought and then returned a bottle to Nordstrom. Good stuff, but a bit dated and too overpowering. It's now been discontinued as far as I know.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

The "Fraicheur Menthe" version is amazing. The original has that initial BO note (cumin?) that some people dislike. I'm tempted to get a bottle of the FM version more than I am the original. When I tried the original my GF told me I smelled like an old man. [smiley=embarassed.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I prefer the original to the Fraicheur Menthe version (I traded that one away and got the original). Oddly, I get more mint out of the original rather than the FM version.

Pasha is very powerful, so be sure to use a light hand. I think MMM is correct in that it could become cloying.

Try comparing Pasha with Baldessarini. I think I give the edge to Baldessarini, though it is sweeter and doesn't have the duration.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I do not like it.