Code of Conduct

Default New Concentration for Caron's Pour un Homme.

Cosmeticnews.com

A perfume extract for men by Caron

French high-end fragrance brand Caron (Alès Group) intends to make its mark in the men’s fragrance arena as it introduces its first perfume extract for men this fall. Called Impact Pour un Homme, the concentrated amber lavender scent joins the brand’s first men’s fragrance line, Pour un Homme de Caron, launched in 1934.

The primary aim of the launch is to address the Pour un Homme consumer with something fresh, according to Caron international marketing director Nathalie Calmettes. “It is like a new fragrance and yet it is a line extension,” Calmettes adds, referring to the name Impact. “We want it to be a new launch and at the same time a continuity.” It also aims to tap into the rising tempo of the men’s market and possibly capture a new audience. “It is time to open the perfumery world to men,” Calmettes declares.

The green-tinted juice, based on the original EdT, was formulated by in-house perfumer Richard Fraysse. It comes in a bottle echoing the shape of the Pour un Homme bottle, with a silver strip embossed with the fragrance name running down the center. The 100ml extract is priced at €88 to ensure the new offering is accessible to the male consumer.

The fragrance will debut in France in September, but within a limited distribution network of no more than 300 traditional perfumeries, with the aim of properly promoting and enhancing the exclusivity of the new entry.

Impact will also launch exclusively in Espaces Caron or “boutique corners” in Bahrain, Moscow (Russia) and London (UK) in September, before rolling out worldwide in January.

Naomi Marcoulet
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another Pour un Homme news is this new ad from http://perso.wanadoo.fr/imagesdeparfums/

Take a look at the luxurious box...Is this packaging just for the ad? Because stores over here just have the ordinary ones. Or is it for Caron boutiques?

Default Re: New Concentration for Caron's Pour un Homme.

Thanks for this piece
    Let your nose be your pilot

What does it mean by 'high-end fragrance brand'?

What's the new concentration? Is the formula changed?

It's rather expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    What does it mean by 'high-end fragrance brand'?
    In France, Caron is seen as a house with great tradition and history (a bit like Guerlain). As houses like Boss are seen more as novelty fragrances.

Yes Pour un Homme Impact is much higher concentrated than the regular edt (which already has a good lasting power). Impact is a "perfume extract" the highest concentration, which is normally used only for feminine fragrances (only Penhaligon's used to make perfume extracts for it's male fragrances).

88 euro for 100ml/3.3 oz is rather cheap for a perfume extract. For example a tiny bottle of Chanel N°5 (7,5 ml) perfume extract retails at about the same price, if not higher.

Interesting. Thanks for posting this Cedric.

Not sure PuH really needs to be stronger, as it's already a "one spritz lasts all day" kind if scent, but it is encouraging to see that Caron seems to still care about the older horses in the barn.

I think I'll wear PuH today; it's going to be much cooler than it has been for a couple weeks here in Chicagoland. Should fit the day well!

I don't think there's a real need for PuH to be stronger. But this is a good indication that they will not discontinue the original! [smiley=smiley.gif]

As a big fan of Caron Pour Un Homme - it is a close second to Habit Rouge at the top of my list - I am glad to see that not only is Caron still behind the product, but is trying to capture a new audience.

This product is going to really be strong since it will be stronger than the current EDT.

I'm perfectly happy with the EDT and the price of the EDT, so I probably will not be looking to purchase Impact, but I hope this really becomes a success.

I've seen two versions of the original on online stores. One has its cap the width of the body. The other has a much slender cap(the one shown above). Is there any difference? I heard there's a different pour homme by caron which has a grass smell.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    [quote author=Xen link=1118832184/0#2 date=1118832944]What does it mean by 'high-end fragrance brand'?
    Yes Pour un Homme Impact is much higher concentrated than the regular edt (which already has a good lasting power). Impact is a "perfume extract" the highest concentration, which is normally used only for feminine fragrances (only Penhaligon's used to make perfume extracts for it's male fragrances).

88 euro for 100ml/3.3 oz is rather cheap for a perfume extract. For example a tiny bottle of Chanel N°5 (7,5 ml) perfume extract retails at about the same price, if not higher.
    [/quote]

After testing Tabac Blond in EDT and parfum strengths, I very much prefer the richness and depth of the parfum version even though the lasting power of the EDT was sufficient.

Regarding the price, how can they offer the parfum at this low price? This sounds like a definite must try!

Regards, John

Does anyone know its concentration?

Ladylonestar

This is very exciting news! I'm a big fan of Pour Un Homme, too, and I can't wait to smell Impact! Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to wait at least until January of next year. [smiley=cry.gif]

This will be worthy of a blind buy.

One has to be careful though. Given the fact that PuH is quite strong, the perfume version will only be seconded by a nuclear warhead in strength.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

A Weapon of Mass Distinction, as it were!

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

This should be worthy of a look-see. While I have and enjoy Pour un Homme, there's a certain, how shall I say, "metallic" tinge to the scent which prevents me from wearing it more often than I would like. At first I thought I had gotten an old bottle. Since it is rather inexpensive enough to experiment with, I have since gotten a second and a third bottle, all from different sources. Same thing with each one. At this point I've chalked it up to body chemistry as it appears that that is just the way the scent is. Perhaps the new formulation will be such that the off-putting metallic note will be gone (at least on me).

Aaron

good lord a perfume version based on PUH.....I feel faint and sick already and I have not even smelled it.

Great news! At least one company, leave it to oldskool - kickass Caron, is going against the watering down trend.
    And PuH is a masterpiece and I think it will benefit from the concentration. Really looking forward to it.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by lazycalm
    This should be worthy of a look-see. While I have and enjoy Pour un Homme, there's a certain, how shall I say, "metallic" tinge to the scent which prevents me from wearing it more often than I would like. At first I thought I had gotten an old bottle. Since it is rather inexpensive enough to experiment with, I have since gotten a second and a third bottle, all from different sources. Same thing with each one. At this point I've chalked it up to body chemistry as it appears that that is just the way the scent is. Perhaps the new formulation will be such that the off-putting metallic note will be gone (at least on me).

Aaron
    This is interesting. I never detected a metallic note in PUH - it must be due to skin chemistry. This is one scent that smells exactly the same on my skin as it does on my shirt and from the bottle.

It's probably a mistake to view the difference between the EDT and the EDP simply as a matter of strenght. I can think of many scents that come in both versions and the although the EDP of a scent is indeed often more "potent" in effect, there are also sometimes big variations in the initial effect and drydown. To this nose, most of the Guerlains that come in both EDT and EDP not only vary in strength but sometimes in scent as well. Heritage is a perfect example. I actually prefer the EDT to the EDP Heritage. To me, they are almost completely separate scents.

Griff
    Griff

Wow...is this the same Caron that people compared to playdough??

I lOVED it but ended up trading it because it smelled so weak and short-lasting on me! Opposite experience from most posters here....and so, I am PSYCHED about a stronger edition!!

The one I thought was weird was a "concentree" version of Habit Rouge....to me, the EDT is like, to steal from another B'noter, a nuclear warhead! I can't imagine a more powerful version!

Different chemistry, different reactions, right?

I think you may find that the parfum extract will be smoother and deeper, although with better lasting power. At least that is my experience with parfums, they are almost always smoother, creamier, not sure what other word to use, more refined. They stay closer to the skin but last longer.

I totally agree with Jacona.
    Thought perfume last longer it doesn't have as much "sillage" as lighter concentrations. I think it has all to do with topnotes being more pronounced in edt or edp, topnotes give sillage. As the stronger basenotes of extract stay closer to the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Wow...is this the same Caron that people compared to playdough??

I lOVED it but ended up trading it because it smelled so weak and short-lasting on me! Opposite experience from most posters here....and so, I am PSYCHED about a stronger edition!!

The one I thought was weird was a "concentree" version of Habit Rouge....to me, the EDT is like, to steal from another B'noter, a nuclear warhead! I can't imagine a more powerful version!

Different chemistry, different reactions, right?
    Yes, this is the Playdough fragrance. It's funny when I read this because one of my friends said the same thing when I first wore it in the late 1980s. When I told him I bought it again, he mentioned the reference to Playdough!

Ok...now that Caron has done this with an old classic fragrance, it's Guerlain's time to do it with Mouchoir De Monsieur!

YES! YES! YES!

I would give anything for a parfume version of MdM. Its lack of longetivity is the ONLY thing that keeps this one from being my own personal holy grail.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona
    I think you may find that the parfum extract will be smoother and deeper, although with better lasting power. *At least that is my experience with parfums, they are almost always smoother, creamier, not sure what other word to use, more refined. *They stay closer to the skin but last longer.
    This is also absolutely my experience with Habit Rouge EDP as compared to the EDT. They are quite different animals, and I prefer the EDP by a nose (pardon the pun).

Jeff

I ran across this older thread and noticed that no one had actually SMELLED it yet. There may be threads afterwards that I haven't found.

I bought a decant and two observations came to mind: first, it's not as strong as people had predicted. Like many EDPs vs EDTs, it does last longer but doesn't have as much projection.

Second, while it's a very unique fragrance, I find it smells VERY little like the original; almost like two different scents. I am on the fence about it but definitely won't spend the dollars for a full bottle. It's actually kinda...weird.

Any more observations now that people have actually smelled it?

i purchased a 75ml bottle in the felt <faux felt> bag in a very nice box from the caron shop while visiting paris in july...to be honest i really dont remember how expensive it was..since then i have worn it a handful of times...dont have pour un homme to compare it to...but it is long lasting...for me like 10 hours easily...close sillage ...although others have commented...woman adore it...the sprayer is tight...not so generous and works well for this as it doesnt need much...the lavender is masculine and i dont experience the vanilla as distinctly as one may think...its extremely well blended that way...its more of a linear scent i find than an evolving one...sweet but not sweet...more herbal in its feel....it suits my style well..i in moderation its very compelling...again i have never experienced pour un homme so i cant compare but from having investigated some other lavander scents....this one is distinctly "caron" if that makes any sense...pour un homme is so affordable that i should get some to compare...not much to go on i know but its lovely...long lasting...not "formal" in say a heritage EDP sort of way....more "earthy" to me anyway....the vanille is there but i find it in the background...so not sweet at all <still learning how how to describe frags>

all the best
    sobranie

Thrax

The only thing that I could hope is that this one tones down the lavender (which is so sharp, it could cut you in half) about 29 notches, and tones the vanilla up about 20 notches. That would make Jesse very happy!!

Are we talking about the same thing??? We're talking about L'Impact right, which is Pour Un Homme in Parfum strength,yes? Definitely old thread...people have definitely tried this.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I think L'Impact is a welcome improvement upon the Original. The lavender in L'Impact is slightly dryer than in PUH and this gives it a much more 'chamfered' , more 'controlled' quality, making it even more elegant than the brilliant Original.

I think the difference between the two, though seemingly slight, is still worth the price of shelling out for the new bottle if one loves PUH at all.