Code of Conduct

Default Paging Marlen on the subject of Asja

I believe at one time I saw in picture you posted a bottle of Fendi Asja I was curious if you wore it ? I believe it is a beautiful bottle and a nice scent too. I would not have a problem wearing if for its no longer made and is very rare ....on one I know would know its a female scent.

Default Re: Paging Marlen on the subject of Asja

Here I am! LOL!

Yes, this is one of my all-time favorite bottles, and the scent is a floriental with beautiful rose and ylang notes set against musks and amber. I do wear it form time to time and would kill for a bottle of the pure parfum! It definitely reminds me of the original Fendi's chypre base, but 100 times improved! I think it was trhe best scent Fendi ever created!

Perfumemart writes:
    Top Notes: Fruits, citrus
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, Egyptian jasmine, ylang-ylang, cinnamon, nutmeg, mimosa
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, musk, vanilla, amber

I think it is one of the best scents Fendi has ever created!
    When it was launched on the market the italian advertisment was a picture of a beautyful, misterious and opulent chinese barbarian emperess covered in a wonderful Fendi's dress, holding the precious coffer with the juice.The campaign said "Asja - Custode dei sensi" that means Asja, caretaker of senses...

And the scent reflects perfectly this aura!

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    I think it was trhe best scent Fendi ever created!

Perfumemart writes:
    Top Notes: Fruits, citrus
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, Egyptian jasmine, ylang-ylang, cinnamon, nutmeg, mimosa
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, musk, vanilla, amber
    Have you ever tried Fendi Theorema (womens)? Wondering how it compares. I love Theorema and am always tempted to hunt down a bottle of Asja.

Theorema was Fendi's answer to the Angel/Gourmand movement. I actually worked for Fendi at that time and launched Therorema in a number of shops. The selling points of this one was as follows:

It was the first Fendi scent to be released upon the re-acquiring of the Fendi house licenses by the Fendi sisters.
    It contained the never before used spice "Thai Shamoudi" (or something like that).
    The packaging was very well-done, with the wood stick on the front...

I like Theorema - it's a soft creamy citrus. But Asja is full-bodied, rich, a little spicey and quite sophisticated. There's nothing gourmand here...

Thanks for the feedback! Theorema on me at least is full blown woods and spices on a sweet, creamy base, I really don't notice the tangelo. Normally my skin eats up spices, but not Theorema, it lasts and lasts. I should track a bottle down of Asja. It be great if I could find a bottle of the EDP or parfum in Italy when I go in July, but I think I heard it's discontinued. You can normally only find the EDT here online. It won't hurt to look. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Wow Marlen you worked for Fendi. I remember the original Fendi fragrance launch which is also a very unique scent.

I alway felt that Theorema Uomo never matched up to the women's version.

I totally agree! The men's Theorema was a real surprise as I was expecting something rich and incensey, like a deeper version of the women's, or at the very least, to employ some of the same notes. I don't know what they were thinking! Fendi's men's scents have all been pretty disappointing in my opinion.