Code of Conduct

Default 'colognes that turn women crazayyyy'

hey there cologners!!!... well lets talk about the colognes that u've witnessed turning on women like crazy, n colognes that u think are perfect aphrodisiacs........ peace! _\m/

Default Re: 'colognes that turn women crazayyyy'

This is an expected topic. For some uncanny reason, it shows up at least once every month.
    My advice is:

Go heavy with Kouros. 15 spritzes or so... [smiley=evil.gif]
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Aqua di Gio will unleash the sex-crazed, lustful beast that lurks within the bosom of even the most chaste and virginal maiden.

mmmmmmm nice replies guys lol... i heard acqua di gio is like a fresh smell n not that warm.... is it so..???

Thank God! I was afraid this topic would NEVER come up!!

lol

Acqua di Gio is the absolute hit with the women, although it's very light and citrus. Other fragrances that turn girls on are M7 by YVS, Egoiste by Chanel and Romance by Ralph Lauren

in my opinion girls like classical scents and disslike odd and unusual ones.

Opium Pour Homme, Jaipur Homme, Habit Rouge, Caron Pour Homme.

Classic vanilla scents.

Quote Originally Posted by phantagarow
    This is an expected topic. For some uncanny reason, it shows up at least once every month.
    My advice is:

I agree with phantagarow, go heavy on the Kouros
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

The smell of brut and patriarchal oppression.

vahabkazim, some of the guys here might be pulling your leg.

Just stick to the 15 spritzes of KOUROS and you'll be fighting them off.

Yatagan

I’m fairly new to this but quite a few of my female friends have said they really like Armani Black Code on me.

Seriously, this question is unanswerable at this generality, for women have different tastes. What works for one,
    may not work for another. Although my wife is crazy about Cool Water, I am tempted to think that orientals fare better with women.

I agree this question is unanswerable. One time my wife complimented me on smelling so good and all I was wearing was Mennen aftershave. Other times the same cologne will get positive or negative remarks from her. I think the one that I used to own that got consistent positive remarks from many people was Issey Miyake. This is worn by everyone all over the place now so I just can't wear it anymore, I need to be different.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Girls love many different fragrances, but they all hate Old Spice

Bill Blass, hands down.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by phantagarow
    My advice is:

Back in the 80's when my mom sold fragrances at Thalhimer's, she had an employee that came in one day wearing Kouros. The store didn't carry YSL at the time, so she wasn't familiar with Kouros. It was coincidentally the man's first day, and she told him to go home and take a shower, and he was repremanded for "poor hygeine" (she thought he had body odor) - turns out he was wearing Kouros. In a discussion later that day, she figured this out. Boy was she embarassed!

Anyway, point of the story is: don't wear Kouros.

I'm no expert. But other professed experts have made the claim that one has to do the research, and that the scent to get is the one her father used to wear.

Maybe Brut is all you need.
    Renato

The usual suspects have brought in the most love:

Chrome & Aqua Di Gio near top the list because of number of compliments vs. how much I wear them. They also have never gotten a BAD response.

Cool Water got me the most compliments overall during my highschool years, but I wore it everyday so I wouldnt say it was the MOST compliments in that regard.

The two next though have gotten the most extreme and passionate compliments. The first being Dolce and Gabanna, however Dolce & Gabanna has gotten a couple bad opinions sent my way while wearing it so I wouldnt put that number one.

The top cologne, L'eau D'Issey Miyake. Withtin days of wearing it everyone that usually comment son my scent fell in love including strangers that went out of way to say something. What takes the cake is that the first week of wearing this cologne (I wore it all week) my girlfriend did things in bed that she has NEVER done three seperate time. Now I'm a logical man of science and I refuse to contribute that to the cologne, but it sure doesnt hurt my opinion of the stuff.

*NOTE* Niether Aqua nor Issey smelt very good on me until I switched to an unscented non-nonbacterial soap.

On the FLIP side the following colognes are more often then not disliked by the woman I frequent:

Azzaro Visit
    Gucci PH
    Chanel Allure
    Issey Blue (I love it)
    CK Obesssesion

Why is this on the "Men's Fragrance" board? Women should be the better judges of what drives them crazy, no?

m.

Oh God, not this question again LOL!

(ducks, and runs out of the room...)

Oh, no contest: L'Autre. LOTS of it.

Griff

It amazes me when this question is asked in the company of men. If I want to know which colognes women like the best, go over to Makeup Alley which and read the reviews written by women. Seems like Fahrenheit is a bit of a winner all round if the women are to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I'm no expert. But other professed experts have made the claim that one has to do the research, and that the scent to get is the one her father used to wear.

Renato
    Well Renato......
    Pity the guy who dates my (or any one of our) daughters! The guy will likely be trying for many years to figure out which scent her father wore......and never succeed. Indeed, better stick with Brut!

Eric

Kouros of course, 15 sprays at the very least.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

are you talking about kouros or body kouros?

Yvan

I strictly avoid wearing scents that make women go crazy, because I only date sane women.

Absinthe Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    Absinthe Pour Homme
    yes...this one can be effective...

AZTEC

Acqua Di Gio - Come on are women not sick of this yet? Everyone wears it?
    Issey Miyake - I just don't understand how people can cope with this, it made me dizzy and sick.
    Cool Water - Same as ADG

I recommend Green Irish Tweed by Creed, this has goten so many peoples attention it beat everything i wore before, Smells like Cool Water but 10000x better.

"...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Quote Originally Posted by michaelak
    Why is this on the "Men's Fragrance" board? *Women should be the better judges of what drives them crazy, no?

m.

No kidding. *Not that we women don't do this same thing in spades. *Ever read the covers of our magazines? *"How to drive him crazy..in a good way.." *"What men are really thinking" Well, if you want to drive him crazy, it might be far more effective to ask HIM rather than read Cosmo. *The second query? *Good luck...he probably won't tell you or he's thinking about sports....hahaha

Women are all different, and it's really not the cologne that gets us. *It's just the icing, toots. *I've never fallen for a dumb or rude man wearing a great scent. [smiley=wink.gif]

Having said all of that, I personally do find Kouros sexy in the right application. Ditto M7 and Gucci Rush. The "fresh" numbers like Acqua di Gio are pleasant, but certainly not lust-inducing. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    [quote author=Renato link=1118552803/15#17 date=1118597820]I'm no expert. But other professed experts have made the claim that one has to do the research, and that the scent to get is the one her father used to wear.

Renato
    Well Renato......
    *Pity the guy who dates my (or any one of our) daughters! * The guy will likely be trying for many years to figure out which scent her father wore......and never succeed. *Indeed, better stick with Brut!
    *Eric[/quote]
    I hadn't thought of that. The guy will go crazy trying to figure out what makes the girl go crazy.
    Renato

It really does depend on the woman. My Fiance loves the smell of lime, so anything with that note will be well received. I've recently worn Richard James cologne to work and had a hard time getting beyond the security desk because the female guards kept asking me what I was wearing. Once in my office a coworkwer asked if I minded her just following me around all day. Yet my Fiance thinks its just"ok". You just never know.

The few that do it for my wardrobe are... Chrome, Boss Bottled, Cool Water (of course) and Lolita Lempicka.

dolce and gabbana pour homme is irresistible for girls.
    I don't know why

How about "Ten" by 10% Productions? [smiley=evil.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Just thought that I'd throw this quote from Luca Turin in:

"A hack from Men’s Health, a magazine notable for the pectorals on its cover, wrote to me asking “How can a man maximize the influence of his cologne choices to attract the women he's really interested in ?” Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which “cologne” pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job."
    Cordially,

Serge

"Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which “cologne” pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job."

(snickering) So well put. I don't agree with some of Turin's opinions on individual scents, but I always love his blunt yet clever style.

Bois d' Argent by Dior.....dangerous juice

I agree 100% with Turin.

The person (looks, manner of acting etc.) is what is attractive.

A fragrance is an adjunct to the person's personality, as are clothes etc. The fragrances I choose are to enhance the way I want to project myself - as a traditional well dressed gentleman (that is one of the reasons that I would never even consider wearing a woman's fragrance). And a good attractive fragrance will enhance (but not substitute for) a person's personality.

To think that a fragrance will be the main thing to attract a lady is ludicrous. Knowing how to treat a lady with the proper respect she deserves is what counts.

If you want to be attractive, WEAR CASH! Rather than go around finding a fragrance that women love, why not wear something they REALLY love?!?

Even so, it does not appeal to all women........ It's a tough job finding what makes them crazy....

So why not settle down for one which YOU love?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    I agree 100% with Turin.

A fragrance is an adjunct to the person's personality, as are clothes etc. *The fragrances I choose are to enhance the way I want to project myself - as a traditional well dressed gentleman (that is one of the reasons that I would never even consider wearing a woman's fragrance). And a good attractive fragrance will enhance (but not substitute for) a person's personality.

To think that a fragrance will be the main thing to attract a lady is ludicrous. Knowing how to treat a lady with the proper respect she deserves is what counts.

I agree with you but like you explain to me that the other evening while I wore dolce and gabbana , 4 women who I have greeted are complimented with me for my parfum

Carolina Herrera for men.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

C*Men

I think this is about confidence, if you are confident about
    yourself and the scent you are wearing I think you give off pheromones
    which mixes with the scent and makes you irresistible [smiley=cool.gif]. [smiley=laugh.gif]
    If its about first dates then it is good to go with
    safe scents. Warmer deep dark orientals are nice to wear on dates.
    But obviously if clothes make a man, the scent makes a statement and so
    wearing something different an actually lead on to something more interesting.

Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    [quote author=MikeFromManhattan link=1118552803/30#40 date=1118676635]I agree 100% with Turin.

A fragrance is an adjunct to the person's personality, as are clothes etc. *The fragrances I choose are to enhance the way I want to project myself - as a traditional well dressed gentleman (that is one of the reasons that I would never even consider wearing a woman's fragrance). And a good attractive fragrance will enhance (but not substitute for) a person's personality.

I agree with you *but like you *explain to me that the other evening while I wore dolce and gabbana * , 4 women who I have greeted are complimented with me for my parfum[/quote]

I always get complimented on my fragrances (never on D&G when I wore it, however). But I don't believe that a fragrance is the number one reason to have a lady want to go out with me - that would be my personality the way I act as a gentleman towards her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City
    I think this is about confidence, if you are confident about
    yourself and the scent you are wearing I think you give off pheromones
    which mixes with the scent and makes you irresistible [smiley=cool.gif]. [smiley=laugh.gif]
    I have to agree with that!

For the very first date - just go to the parfum-shop and ask CA what is the most popular scent.
    Like `Thousands of customers could not lie`.

At least you would not frighten your girl by something unusual, strange and so on.

After some dates (I suppose, 4-5 will be enough) you can change it for something more unique. It gives you another dimension in her eyes. And be sure to change onto right directions - just ask her somehow about her loving men`s colognes - or notes.

You could choose that parfum with her - and for her also!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    [quote author=dino link=1118552803/30#42 date=1118682726][quote author=MikeFromManhattan link=1118552803/30#40 date=1118676635]I agree 100% with Turin.

I agree with you *but like you *explain to me that the other evening while I wore dolce and gabbana * , 4 women who I have greeted are complimented with me for my parfum[/quote]

I always get complimented on my fragrances (never on D&G when I wore it, however). But I don't believe that a fragrance is the number one reason to have a lady want to go out with me - that would be my personality the way I act as a gentleman towards her.[/quote]

yes , I agree with you . personality is very important after it all others things
    ciao

Women seem to give their thumbs up for the quirky Caron Pour Homme. I think I might be swayed...
    Let your nose be your pilot