Code of Conduct

Default L'aromarine how is it    ???

L'AROMARINE a small company in the south of france that even have/had a section in Harrods.

If you know anyhting about it please tell me, I am a bit puzzled by the product, especialy the label which is quiet flashy and like a very good bottle of wine it is somethimes the simplest packaging that sells the best wines.

WHAT IS L'AROMARINE ALL ABOUT

THANK YOU

laurent
    Invisible Power

Default Re: L'aromarine how is it    ???

'A bright, citrusy Vetyver on a base of cream.'

What? A vetiver that wasn't yet discussed on Basenotes?

http://www.hamptonct.com/index.cgi//pid=774/L'Aromarine_Vetyver_Eau_de_Toilette.htm
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Benjamin*

Default L'aromarine

I'm glad I did a thread search on L'aromarine but then saddened there were no posts about the who/what/where this house. Indeed, the packaging is lovely, and even tricky: I really thought the fragrances were really 1920s- and 30s creations.

They really don't do any advertising as I read in hamptonct and other sellers' websites. They don't appear to have one of there own. All I could find out was that they opened on Rue du Delta, Paris in 1984.

Anyone ever wanted the opportunity to write a wikipedia article? but it seems that the world's already been written about? Well, there's nothing about L'aromarine! Go for it!

Most of their line appears to be singleton notes and fine ones at that, if the blurbs about L'aromarine are true: naturals from Grasse.

Benjamin

strange..I posted about L'Aromarine last year. Bohobelle here in the UK import from them where they have a place in Montmartre...Here is what I posted May 4th Last year;

Today my second purchase from Bohobelle.Com of L'Aromarine EDT arrived.

This second buy, of the Oakmoss Fragrance 'Mousse De Chene', is truly as good as my first L'Aromarine ;Vetiver

The Oakmoss EDT is very good and has strong hints of a lighter version of Azzaro Pour Homme.

I am writing again about L'Aromarine in the hope that fellow Basenoters might be encouraged to try this range which is very nice quality and very cheap also.

These Frags are not insubstantial but neither do they have concrete sillage either. They are prefectly refreshing, in an Eau De Cologne sort of way with the added bonus of a lingering loyalty to the skin.

Get to Bohobelle.com, click to go inside and check out the range; If you don't go within you'll definitely go without.

for fullest info here is my first post about L'aromarine which I wrote in May 2006;

All at sea about L'Aromarine?
    In the Fragrance doldrums? Well that wasn't exactly my predicament but taking the cue from Marlen at Basenotes' recommendation I went ahead and bought a bottle from this line. I bought Vetyver which so impressed me that I had to buy another;Oakmoss.

I wore the Oakmoss yesterday and was really delighted with it. It is a really great 'soft' fougere with great longevity.

Something about the L'Aromarine name seems, to me at least, to imply that the range is somehow exclusively aquatic or oceanic. I worry that others who don't like such frags may be put off. No need to be concerned though. *Nothing could be further from the truth. The range is quite diverse and I am truly SO impressed I have splashed out yet again and bought their 'Epices.'

These frags are worth much more than their cost.

I am glad to have tried them and thank Marlen for his introduction but I urge those in the UK who are up for a quality treat to give this line a try.

Now...Hmm...What next *Sandalwood and Orange or Mure.Musc?

Best,

G

L'Aromarine is available at Bohobelle.com who are really helpful and friendly and wrap very nicely...
    Edit/Delete Message

I'm really intrigued by this house! Some nice looking scents for $23 can't be bad!

Now, where to smell them in Los Angeles?

Benjamin*

Default L'aromarine Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by Guidion
    ....I bought Vetyver which so impressed me that I had to buy another; Oakmoss.

I wore the Oakmoss yesterday and was really delighted with it. It is a really great 'soft' fougere with great longevity.....
    Thanks for the thumbs-up. I'm partial to most vetivers scents, but it was the oakmoss that I wanted to go out on a limb for. I have no idea what oakmoss smells like, "woody sharp sweet" but I'm intrigued.

Default Re: L'aromarine Oakmoss

I was delighted when I saw how inexpensive these were - I tried Tropique, loved it (warm tropical goodness), and was afraid it would cost me a bundle, since the brand was unfamiliar.

Peche, on the other hand, I remember finding unimpressive and flat.

http://www.beautyhabit.com/laromarine.html

nice prices too

I need to read the blurb there carefully since it says they can be enjoyed right from the bottle.

dirt cheap extracts too. it really makes you wonder how they do it while everyone else *struggles* to bring their bottles out at under $100

Default L'aromarine

Contact Vetiveronica for L'Aromarine and The Different Company products.

http://vetiveronica.proboards88.com/index.cgi?

hi everyone! being International, it's so difficult to find L'Aromarine online sellers that ship to my country. however, my relative is going to PARIS next week, can anyone help me locate where to purchase L'AROMARINE in Paris? or can anyone direct me to any email contact that can gives me L'Aromarine retail store location info in PARIS please?

thank you very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    http://www.beautyhabit.com/laromarine.html

nice prices too

I need to read the blurb there carefully since it says they can be enjoyed right from the bottle.

Lulz! As in, to drink it?

I have always been curious about these, great price point, attractive, simple & retro-ish packaging.

Make Up Alley has reviews of 15 of the L'Aromarines btw

Now I want.

I'm a fan, I enjoy both the Flowers and Vetyver, can be had for great prices in the clearance section of Beautyhabit. I got mine for $11 on b-glowing, but I don't think they carry it anymore.