Code of Conduct

Default Messages D'Homme by Mariella Burani

Hello,

Has anyone of you tried this particular scent and if so can you pls give me your view's? Thank you so much.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Default Re: Messages D'Homme by Mariella Burani

Jim,

this scent smells almost identical to Boucheron pour homme - at least to my nose!

-T-

Messages and Jules arrived on the same day and though I can appreciate where Jules goes, I actually liked Messages better. Messages smelled very classic, very masculine, with perhaps the citrus opening of Boucheron, but a warm and mellow herbal note not too dissimilar from say the drydown of Antaeus or Tiffany with an echo of the classic Paco Rabanne drydown. This one seemed very 70's to me. By no means spicy and definitely not a citrus scent, overall, I found the scent to be a little too flat for me, and not as sweet as I generally like. The lasting power was incredible as was the sillage - the kids I was teaching offered "BLECH!" and my fellow teacher said "reminds me of Tuscany" though I'm not sure what she meant exactly. I ended up swapping it, but I definitely enjoyed exploring it. This one seemed "shadowy" to me, in that it never really revealed any specific identity but seemed more like a vague idea than a well-conceived scent. I kept waiting for the scent to "appear".

Imagination Perfumery writes:
    YEAR INTRODUCED - 2002
    FRAGRANCE NOTES - Lemon, Bergamot, Galbanum, Lavandin, Geranium, Sage, Artemisia, Cistus, Patchouli, Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Messages and Jules arrived on the same day and though I can appreciate where Jules goes, I actually liked Messages better. Messages smelled very classic, very masculine, with perhaps the citrus opening of Boucheron, but a warm and mellow herbal note not too dissimilar from say the drydown of Antaeus or Tiffany with an echo of the classic Paco Rabanne drydown. This one seemed very 70's to me. By no means spicy and definitely not a citrus scent, overall, I found the scent to be a little too flat for me, and not as sweet as I generally like. The lasting power was incredible as was the sillage - the kids I was teaching offered "BLECH!" and my fellow teacher said "reminds me of Tuscany" though I'm not sure what she meant exactly. I ended up swapping it, but I definitely enjoyed exploring it. This one seemed "shadowy" to me, in that it never really revealed any specific identity but seemed more like a vague idea than a well-conceived scent. I kept waiting for the scent to "appear".

Imagination Perfumery writes:
    YEAR INTRODUCED - 2002
    FRAGRANCE NOTES - Lemon, Bergamot, Galbanum, Lavandin, Geranium, Sage, Artemisia, Cistus, Patchouli, Vetiver.
    you really so sparked an interest in this now for me! Sillage ....Long Lasting...