Code of Conduct

Default Tiffany (and its variations)

Hi,

I have the original Tiffany Cologne, and like to know more about the Tiffany Cologne Concentree and Tiffany Sport.

Thanks!

Default Re: Tiffany (and its variations)

I have the original Tiffany and like it very much.

I then shelled out about $80. for the Sport edition and found myself less than thrilled. It's on my swaplist...or not....it needs to be updated.

Didn't know there was a Concentree edition? How does it compare to the original, which I think is pretty darn powerful as it is!

I don't think a Concentree version of Tiffany ever existed. I do see it floating around in some perfume shops and eperfumers too.

The box design doesn't even look like the original I have a feeling they are counterfit knockoffs.

The original Tiffany last all day I can't see why a conentree version would have to exist.

Thanks Ballardbeau. In that case I will not make a blind purchase of the Sport version, and will try to get a sniff first.
    Had sentimus not written about the similarities between Tiffany For Men and Chanel Pour Monsieur in an earlier thread, I would not have dragged the little-sprayed bottle of Tiffany out of its deep sleep. I was simply amazed as how similar the notes between the two were and of course I discovered that Polge was also the perfumer for Tiffany For Men.

Anyway, here is a link to one of many eBay sellers of the Tiffany Cologne Concentree (using the tinyurl shortcut):

* * * *http://tinyurl.com/aac6u

From what I can see, both the bottle and the box appear legit.

Wow...you learn something new every day. I have been to Tiffany's website and I don't think even there they advertise the Concentree version.

My bottle says "cologne" but this one is easily EDT strength, and a long-lasting one at that.

Godzilla, ordinarily I'd be glad to decant you a sample, but I'm hoping to sell this one on ebay and don't want to diminish my $80. investment!

However, if you're interested in a trade, PM me. It's not bad, but it is radically different from the standard version.

Thanks for your offer, I really appreciate it. No worries though, I think it's time for me to pay the local mall a visit and snoop around for new fragrances... it's been awhile

It looks like I now have 2 pairs of fragrances that are virtually identical:
    * * * * * *1. Chanel Pour Monsieur *& *Tiffany For Men
    * * * * * *2. Platinum Egoiste *& *Herrera For Men

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Thanks for your offer, I really appreciate it. No worries though, I think it's time for me to pay the local mall a visit and snoop around for new fragrances... it's been awhile

It looks like I now have 2 pairs of fragrances that are virtually identical:
    * * * * * *1. Chanel Pour Monsieur *& *Tiffany For Men
    * * * * * *2. Platinum Egoiste *& *Herrera For Men

Cheers!
    Platinum Egoiste and Herrera for men are virtually identical?
    I just don't see it. I've got Herrara with the discordant note that fascinates me. I never noticed anything akin to it in Platinum.
    Renato

Hi Renato,

My nose finds Herrera For Men to be a slightly more pungent version of Platinum Egoiste.
    There is this sharp note (Clove?) in Herrera which seems to linger on throughout the dry down phase. Platinum Egoiste on the other hand, remains smooth throughout its entire duration. If I had to express this thought in a pseudo-mathematical formula, I would state it as:

* * * * Platinum Egoiste = Herrera - (that sharp note)

godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Hi Renato,

My nose finds Herrera For Men to be a slightly more pungent version of Platinum Egoiste.
    There is a this sharp note (Clove?) in Herrera which seems to linger on throughout the dry down phase. Platinum Egoiste on the other hand, remains smooth throughout its entire duration. If I had to express this thought in a pseudo-mathematical formula, I would state it as:

* * * * Platinum Egoiste = Herrera - (that sharp note)

godzilla
    Yes, I know the note you are talking about.
    But Platinum has a zingy topnote, that zings through my nose, which is the only reason I've ever been tempted to buy this one.
    But in the end I didn't buy it because I thought it was too similar to Boss Elements.
    Renato