Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays?

How many sprays do you guys wear? Depending on the fragrance that is...

Default Re: How many sprays?

It depends on many things, but one is sure. More than 5 sprays always irritates everyone around you.

I spray 4 times - all of them on my neck. And I think it's absolutely enough. But it depends on the scent, weather, type of the skin you have..... If it is a hot august noon and you want to wear something "heavy" like M7 you should spray 2 or 3 times (even too much). The purpose of the fragrances is smelling good and being oversprayed isn't good at all

depending on the fragance. Aramis, Obsession, A*Men, Gucci,M7, 4
    Kouros, le male, eternity, sculpture 5

It all depends on what you like and what the people around you like and the weather/season.

If you like to wear it only for you and maybe someone close to you (literally) then you should go light. 1-2 sprays for the heavy ones and 3-4 for the light ones.... especially on hot days.

It is my opinion that it is always better to have not enough on than to overspray. You can always re-apply also so don't feel like you have to put 8 sprays on because you want it to last all day. Wear what is apropriate and put more on later if needed.

For wearing out to get noticed or just because you like it when you know people are thinking "he smells good" then wear a few more... 3-4 for heavy and 5-6 for light.

It helps to spray on cologne just after a shower and in places that are "hot spots" for cologne. E.G. Neck, Wrists, Inner Elbow, Chest, Behind the Ears and sometimes much lower if that is your thing...

It all depends on what you like though because if you don't like what you are wearing then what is the point.....

I like to completely saturate myself until I'm totally flammable.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Hi all,

I also do find that it is easy to go wild on dosage when you are used to the scent, especially during the day when you thing that all the scent is GONE (and is not) and you reaply and over do it.

I do find that taking a spray day off from time to time (very hard I know) tend to put you nose a rest !!!

Laurent
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    I'm with Scentsei. Flame on!

[smiley=evil.gif]

That's about 8 sprays for me.

Yup. I'm with you...
    Cordially,

Serge

I think it's very bad taste if I can smell your fragrance from 2 metres distance, no matter the fragrance.

Yep. One arm's length is the best distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    Yep. One arm's length is the best distance.
    I agree

I wear 1 spray normally. But sometimes I just feel like wearing 2. Not sure if people can detect it on me... But I sure can. Hopefully, people will catch a little whiff of it, yet when they want to have another, they can't! This way, it makes the fragrance even more alluring [smiley=happy.gif]

Let's see.....
    On the wrists--2
    On the forearms (top of)--2
    On the back of the neck--1
    On the top of my bald head--1
    On the chest--2

For a total of--8

And for special occasions.....
    Somewhere below the chest--2 [smiley=happy.gif]

Recalculated total of--10

Quote Originally Posted by zestyfresh
    It must be hard for someone to be around you

Quote Originally Posted by zestyfresh
    Let's see.....
    On the wrists--2
    On the forearms (top of)--2
    On the back of the neck--1
    On the top of my bald head--1
    On the chest--2

For a total of--8

And for special occasions.....
    Somewhere below the chest--2 [smiley=happy.gif]

You're one BIG stinkbomb!!!!

This reminds me of my very first thread on these boards which I called sometning like ' Do we wear scent for ourselves or others?'

You need to answer that question and be aware of the season, occasion and time of day and of course the perfume itself. Surely its about good taste....?

I normally go with those guys who suggest caution and maybe a top up later in the day. I do always spray on the back of my hand (as well as neck, back, etc) which then acts as a guide to how well its lasting.

Trot

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky
    You need to answer that question and be aware of the season, occasion and time of day and of course the perfume itself. [snip] I do always spray on the back of my hand (as well as neck, back, etc) which then acts as a guide to how well its lasting.
    I agree. One other thing to be aware of is how good your nose is. I had a female roommate once who had an incredible nose. She could smell curry spices coming out of the pores of my skin three days after I'd eaten it. From across the room. Granted, this made for some mildly annoying mild arguments, but it made me realize that some people have much more acute senses of smell than I do, which is valuable to know. So when I'm going out in public I try to go a touch lighter on the sprays than I might if it was just for myself. (Usual number of sprays: 4.) And always remember, we stop smelling anything after a short while, so it's probably true that other people can always smell us better than we can smell ourselves.

Conversely, though, when I'm at home just relaxing, I pick a frag and put 2 sprays on the back of my hand. It's like turning up the music loud. Frequently I can suddenly perceive lots of nuances and other notes that were hidden - from me, anyway - even in frags I thought were bland and uninteresting. I've been amazed. Try it.

It would never have occurred to me to spray the back of my hand if I hadn't read it here somewhere. It's great advice. Me sitting on the subway happily smelling my own wrists must be a slightly absurd picture.

i wear an average 10 sprays on most things but i know when to stop like with sotronger stuff which even hurts my head. like yesterday i wore 12 sprays of ck one and it smelt too great. compliments all day and i smelt really fresh so it really depends on the fragrande. but like 12 sprays with kouros could induece serious headaches so i'd go for about 3 with that even though i dont wear it.

If you have ever had perfume induced asthma, you know that it is horrible; therefore I try to avoid bombing people around me. I almost always spray my chest under my shirt a couple of times, the back of my neck and/or shoulder blades once and my wrists once. If it is a weaker scent I spray more, and if it a stronger scent I spray less. I like moderate sillage, but I don't like being the "cologne guy."

I have read the earlier thread Silverbullet pointed out, and there are two mentions of optimum spray distance, which I would have thought must also be a factor here as well as site and number of sprays. On a cursory scroll through I found one mention of 2.5" and one of greater than 6". I probably err on the side of further away, but would love to know if there is an industry recommended distance! I ask the question because last night I observed a friend spraying perfume just a few mm away from her neck in several places and thought to myself: "That can't be right". She gets through the stuff really fast too - could that be related to spray distance? Someone on the other thread said that if you spray too close, you get drops of liquid in a small area rather than a proper dispersal. "Drops" sounds like more volume to me...?