Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The One(s) You Wanted to Love...but...

Good thread!

For me, it's Roy Soleil, Michael Kors, Ghost Men, and Annick Goutal Sables. Somehow, I find them good, but not good enouh to wear them. But there are scents I didn't like, and after some time I fell into them. Gucci Envy and Amen, for example: I couldn't stand them first, but continued to sample them again and again, and suddenly - from one day day to the other - I liked them a lot. Don't know what happened inside my nose or brain, but those changes of taste make this whole fragrance thing really exciting!

- Azzoro Visit

- M7 Yves Saint Laurent

- Farenheit CD

Two come to mind.

Comme des Garcons 2 EDP and Odeur 71.

CdG2 sounded really great and I waited along time to test it. I liked the initial blast and wore it for a few days, and realized I really liked the scent, but I think it would be better on a woman perhaps. I don't know. Plus there is something in it that reminds me of my mom's nail polish. I still like the scent and find it highly original, its just something I'm never in the mood to wear.

Odeur 71 bums me out because I LOVE Odeur 53. But Odeur 71 has a real salty battery acid character that is really odd. Its probably the one scent with the most imaginative list of notes (dust on a hot lightbulb, pencil shavings, lettuce juice, willow), but almost the only thing I get out of it is the battery acid-and the dust on a lightbulb-strange but true. I don't hate 71, I just don't love it like I do Odeur 53 and its milky, metallic, mineral aura.