Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Yachting Company

This is a new fragrance that appeared in Caswell-Massey's most recent catalog, so I sent off for a free sample from the manufacturer, as the imagery is very reminiscent of Creed Erolfa. It turns out that it also smells similar to Erolfa - a bit softer and less tangy, and with less staying power though. It's sort of a combination of Erolfa with C-M's Newport and Puig's Aqua Brava Sea Power. Whereas Erolfa is more saltwater-esque and Newport is more freshwater, V.Y.C. could be described as sort of brackish, marina water smelling.

I'm giving it a qualified thumbs-up. If you're into marine/oceanic/aquatic scents you should check it out - either at Caswell-Massey, or see vintageyachting.com for info. on ordering a sample vial, which is $4.50 for "shipping and handling"

-Ronald

Default Re: Vintage Yachting Company

Yeah, a very weak Erolfa I guess. Doesn't have nearly the herbs or saltiness of Erolfa. Another great marine scent at the Caswell-Massey is Inis which is a good clone of Issey Miyake. Must try for lovers of marine/oceanic scents (not me through [smiley=thumbsup.gif])
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    Yeah, a very weak Erolfa I guess. Doesn't have nearly the herbs or saltiness of Erolfa. Another great marine scent at the Caswell-Massey is Inis which is a good clone of Issey Miyake. Must try for lovers of marine/oceanic scents (not me through [smiley=thumbsup.gif])
    Erolfa is already weak enough, so I can't imagine an even weaker impersonator.

Ahh...the wonderful Inis...definitely my favorite of any scent whose goal is to remind one of the ocean. Yes, very similar to the original Issey Miyake, but without the bitterness and a bit rounder and more polished. The best part is when I've worn it and been caught out in the rain, as the precipitation has acted to reinvigorate the scent to my nose. Its the little things for me you know.

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    Yeah, a very weak Erolfa I guess. Doesn't have nearly the herbs or saltiness of Erolfa. Another great marine scent at the Caswell-Massey is Inis which is a good clone of Issey Miyake. Must try for lovers of marine/oceanic scents
    I hadn't seen Inis at C-M, but it's been on my "to try" list for a long time - thought I had to order it from Ireland or something... I'll order a bottle when my Truefitt and Hill 1805 is almost all gone...

-R