Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Internet Sites - DISCOUNT ONLY

SCENTIMENTS

please note: this shop also appears on the South Florida thread.

www.Scentiments.com

Call toll free 1-800-685-7321, in South Florida call 954-971-5810.

Phone Ordering Hours:
    7 days a week. Monday through Friday; 9 AM to 5 PM. Saturday and Sunday; 10 AM to 4 PM. Voice mails can be left 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Amex.

2900 West Sample Road
    Pompano Beach, FL 33073

just off the FLorida turnpike, between Powerline Road and Lyons Road.

I've been shopping with Scentiments since the early 90's. Family owned and with an international staff, their prices are incredible and they always include samples with internet purchases.

Phyllis and Howard (mother and son) have gotten me everything from Silver Mountain Water to Davidoff Relax, Annick Goutal Chene Imperiale and Eau des Merveilles, 3.4 ozs for $50! ! ! The website is a lot of fun and if you don't see what you want, just use the Fragrance Guru and send them a message!

I last purchased about $200 worth of fragrances from them in summer of 2004. I received a small discount for being a longtime, repeat customer and buying so much!Sadly, they don't do international shipping.

They have two kiosks in the indoor FESTIVAL FLEA MARKET (indoor=AIR CONDITIONING!)

marlen

Default Re: Internet Sites - DISCOUNT ONLY

IMAGINATION

www.imaginationperfumery.com

Imagination Perfumery - 9561 Harding Avenue
    Surfside, FL 33154
    Toll Free Number (866)338-8376

A wonderful and reliable website with many hard-to-find fragrances and recent launches at great prices. I found my Mouchoir de Monsieur and Rochas Macassar here!

I last purchased from them in summer of 2004 and received my package promptly and with samples.

Sadly, they do not ship internationally, only to Canada.

marlen

PERFUMEBAY

www.perfumebay.com

My favorite website because of the sheer variety of their products, a currency converter, language translator, and they ship internationally at prices that are fair.

I have ordered from them many times and have never once had a problem. Their prices are reasonable, though not always the lowest. They have some excellent features, like information about fragrance in general and stock not just fragrances but cosmetics, candles, and other beauty products.

marlen

PARUM1

http://www.parfum1.com

They have a fantastic selection and will sometimes have lower prices than anyone else on some of their designer selections. They also have a really great selection of miniatures for under $10, allowing for sampling of designer scents you may not otherwise have access to.

I've ordered at least 3 times from them, including my most recent just a couple of days ago. It shipped that day!.

Make sure to find the current $5.00 off $50 or $10 off $100 coupon, which will basically get your shipping almost for free.

Perfume Emporium

This site has good deals on the Etro line, JHL, Havana Reserva and a lot of other hard to find stuff. Sign up for the Beauty Bucks and for a limited time receive 50,000 Free Beauty Bucks ($10.00 value).
    Also they are currently running a coupon promotion where you get 20% off any purchase. To redeem this coupon enter Coupon Code CW1920 on the order form during checkout.

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/beaut...rrernum=147437
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Online Shopping

I'm a newbie, as stated on the other board, and while I'm sure there are already threads devoted to this, I couldn't find any. What is the best site to order fragrances online? I've already checked out scentiments.com, and that seems to be the best so far. Any other sites would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Default Re: Online Shopping

I've always had positive experiences with Imagination Perfumery and Strawberry.net

I've had positive experiences with

parfum1.com
    1stperfume.com
    perfumebay.com

YMMV
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

To the others already listed I will add scentiments.com and perfumeemporium.com
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Scentiments.com is one of my favorites!

Jeff

scentiments.com is the best with theperfumespot.com coming in a close second IMHO

I'm about to order some stuff from Scentiments I think.

BAD BAD BAD BAD experience with:

http://www.beddingandthings.com/

I ordered a bottle of Agua Lavanda (Puig) on May 9, and it still hasn't even shipped. I emailed them to ask where it was and they said "please allow 2 to 4 weeks for shipping and read our terms of sale"

I got a good price (only paid $14 or so for it) but I would have gladly paid $20 somewhere else if I could have gotten it sooner....

[smiley=angry.gif]

My favorite by far is parfum1.com, but perfumebay comes second. Now and then you find deals on scentiments but their website is aggravating in that they list a lot of scents which they don't have in stock.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Thanks for all the advice! I just made an order with theperfumespot.com, they seemed to have the best deal for the fragrances I ordered. However, all of the sites listed look great, and I'll be sure to check them when making orders.

1st Perfume

www.1stperfume.com

Mr. Manoj SETHI
    1548 2nd Ave.
    New York, NY * 10028-3901

(212) 628-8083

Found his name and address after checking reverse telephone directories and a street guide to NYC.

After waiting over a week and unable to contact via email (info@1stperfume.com) or telephone to get a tracking number, I called the credit card company. They aren't releasing his payment until they hear from me that I have received shipment.

Update: Received package three weeks after order placed. A week after my birthday... *(Site had a statement which claimed '99% of all orders shipped same day'. Now it mentions 'Most orders shipped following business day'.)

Was charged $7.99 for shipping. I recall a $5.99 shipping charge in a lengthy discourse on buying from a 'free shipping' e-tailer VS an upfront 'there is going to be a shipping charge' e-tailer. No mention of specific shipping rates currently on site.

I bought Coriolan 3.4 oz EDT for $19.99 (currently $29.99), Heritage 3.4 oz EDT for $26.99 (currently $29.99), Vetiver 4.2 oz EDT for $28.99 (currently $34.99) and Aqua Quorum 3.4 oz EDT for $14.99 (currently $17.99).

Vetiver box came in the familiar heavy cellophany-plasticy wrap with the hospital corners. Coriolan and Heritage boxes were in plastic shrink-wrap with crooked seams along the sides. Makes me wonder if delay and lack of communication was caused by Sethi getting caps for testers and repackaging or something.

In retrospect, I am glad I did not place a large order as four other Guerlains were calling out to me. But even if listed as 'In Stock' - are they? With his newly increased prices and because of negative experience, I will not order from 1st Perfume again. Really a shame because he does have excellent *Guerlain selection (including original Derby).

VENABLE'S DISCOUNT SALES & DIST.
    P.O. Box 6894
    Katy, Texas 77491-6894, USA
    Local: 281.578.8954
    Fax: 281.578.2759

http://www.venablesdiscountsales.com/index.html

Has a good selection although the product list is split in to numbered pages which are mostly alphabetically ordered and not as quick to find what you're looking for. Anyway I would like to say how wonderfully happy I was with them. I found this site when many pages in to a Google search for Background. I ordered a 125ml bottle of the very rare Jil Sander Background at extremely good price (looks like it may have been the last one too). International shipping cost to UK was very good, realistic and fast. I even got a free Pocket Planner. I ordered over the phone and the owner was very helpful - I think he had occasional trouble with my Mancunian accent though 8-) Looking through the sites they have very good prices on Creed. I'd have no hesitation in shopping with them again.

Andy

scented monkey

http://www.scentmonkey.com/

good prices, prompt delivery. didn't need to contact customer service, so can't speak to that.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Great advice...thanks!

veronica, whatever happened with 1st perfume?

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

www.fragrancex.com

Great selection and prices, although if you are a first time, international customer like me, you have to wait TWO weeks for them to 'verify' your credit card.... was not happy with that, so keep this in mind. once they had 'verified' my credit card, the shipping was fast enough (one week).

www.luckyscent.com

I got the parcel yesterday. Luckyscent was very easy to communicate with and wrote very open letters to keep me calm. It did take kind of long for them to process my order, but from there on no trouble at all. I will easily use them again, but maybe not order such a huge order as I did now (4 bottles). This was international mind you...

www.perfume-worldwide.com

No shipping charges over $75. Ordered August 15; received three days later. Easy-to-shop website.

www.theperfumespot.com

Free shipping over $100. Received promptly. Kind of clunky website especially if you shop by brand.

perfumebay.com

Selection - excellent
    Service - good
    Shipping - typical pricing, quick

HOWEVER, received suspicious Azzaro Visit. Box had a small piece cut out and covered by a sticker (just like many Creeds purchased online) and bottle had a small etched area where some type of code had been ground off.

See here: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...551#post780551 or search for "perfumebay.com GRRR!"

Update 02/11/2006

I also ordered a bottle of Chanel Egoiste with the Visit. I was suspicious of the products due to the ground-down area described above. Therefore, I contacted Azzaro and Chanel by way of their websites to try to inquire about *identification codes on the bottles. I recieved no answer from Azzaro other than spam advertising their products. However, Chanel was very helpful. I sent them some codes from the outside of the unopened box and they told me that the bottle/juice was produced in August 2001! *Chanel said they consider this "past shelf life."

I also contacted PerfumeBay.com by phone to inquire about the defaced Azzaro Visit bottle/package. Surprisingly, they actually gave me an answer. The rep "checked with her supervisor" and told me they grind off certain identifying codes on some bottles because the bottles are meant for specific "regions" They said they do not want the bottles to be traceable back to themselves or to show that they may have sold the product to someone in the wrong/unauthorized region.

After this episode, I went back through my emails to identify other products I had purchased from PerfumeBay.com. My VSII for Men had a sticker removed from the bottom of the bottla and my Gucci Envy bottle had a ground-down area, similar to the Visit.

It is a common practice for online retailers to remove identifying codes from packaging and bottles. However, defacing the actual bottles is unacceptable to me. I may still purchase samples and minis from them, but no longer will I buy full size bottles of fragrance or other products. I sent the bottles back and have since recieved a full refund.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 11th January 2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: fixed link broken by BN upgrades

Perfumebay.com.

Madsci....

Gray Market diversion from Middle East to North America prolly via Panama or some other tranship point. The way the Gray Market in scent goes is that Middle East agents will buy container loads of haute perfumerie...enough so the entire population of Dubai could take daily baths in the stuff. And Europe doesn't blink an eye bescause they are selling large orders that won't be returned. They keep making profit, which is the bottom line. Meanwhile our friend in DXB is turning that can around for the next ship to Panama or Freeport with ostensible delivery to that port for "duty free" shops or the tourist trade. ... But once at that transit hub, the can of Creed transloaded onto the next ship for Miami or Houston or wherever the distributor is.

Everyone makes money... And the perfume houses turn a blind eye because they're making the same profit as they would selling to an "authorized outlet".. the soignee venues that officially advertise their availability.

Which is one reason the estimable Mlle Rahmé refuses to sell her tres chic Bond 9 to resellers or middle men but only directly to chosen retail outlets and in her own salons, She wishes to keep her juice from falling into the untutored and unwashed hands of hoi polloi. Amusing, n'est-ce pas?

Corporatistan is a charming country of sometimes manufactured preciousness.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    perfumebay.com

Selection - excellent
    Service - n/a (never needed cust. service)
    Shipping - typical pricing, quick

HOWEVER, received suspicious Azzaro Visit. Box had a small piece cut out and covered by a sticker (just like many Creeds purchased online) and bottle had a small etched area where some type of code had been ground off.

See here: http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1135264873 or search for "perfumebay.com GRRR!"

Update 02/11/2006

I also ordered a bottle of Chanel Egoiste with the Visit. I was suspicious of the products due to the ground-down area described above. Therefore, I contacted Azzaro and Chanel by way of their websites to try to inquire about *identification codes on the bottles. I recieved no answer from Azzaro other than spam advertising their products. However, Chanel was very helpful. I sent them some codes from the outside of the unopened box and they told me that the bottle/juice was produced in August 2001! *Chanel said they consider this "past shelf life."

I also contacted PerfumeBay.com by phone to inquire about the defaced Azzaro Visit bottle/package. Surprisingly, they actually gave me an answer. The rep "checked with her supervisor" and told me they grind off certain identifying codes on some bottles because the bottles are meant for specific "regions." They said they do not want the bottles to be traceable back to themselves or to show that they may have sold the product to someone in the wrong/unauthorized region.

After this episode, I went back through my emails to identify other products I had purchased from PerfumeBay.com. My VSII for Men had a sticker removed from the bottom of the bottla and my Gucci Envy bottle had a ground-down area, similar to the Visit.

It is a common practice for online retailers to remove identifying codes from packaging and bottles. However, defacing the actual bottles is unacceptable to me. I may still purchase samples and minis from them, but no longer will I buy full size bottles of fragrance or other products. I sent the bottles back and have since recieved a full refund.
    This isn't specific to Perfumebay.com. I've bought tester bottles in the L.A. Garment District, and sometimes they have areas of glass ground down. This usually happens on more obscure fragrances; for example, all three bottles of Yvresse I've bought have had such a patch. The juice within all the discreetly "defaced" bottles was just the same as in fresh testers in stores. Especially if the fragrance is hard-to-find, a little ground patch is a find trade-off for a great price.

"decoding" or "defacing" a barcode on a box or grinding off an identifying number on a bottle is one sign that you can be 99% sure it's gray market. This is done so that the middleman (see my above post) cannot be identified by the producer.

I don't have much to say about these except that they sometimes have great prices and they don't appear to be mentioned above:

perfumania.com
    paris-fr.com

No one has mentioned fragrancenet.com either, perhaps because they're too obvious since they're a Basenotes sponsor, eh?
    Do you smell what I smell? Vive le Crystal Flaçon!

Owned by or associated with Perfumebay.com and guilty/blacklisted by association in my book:

PerfumeShop.com
    BeautifulPerfumes.com
    ClassyPerfumes.com
    Beautycounter.com
    ScentGuru.com

How do I know this? Check the customer service phone numbers and/or contact addresses of the sites listed above.

I think PerfumeBay.com is allowing people to set up store fronts (websites) and use their database/inventory. The sites listed above probably make a commision on each sale but the orders are filled and shipped by PerfumeBay.com. This is just speculation of course but the evidence is mounting.

Beautycounter.com does appear to be the same company. But scentguru.com does.

BTW, I have not had bad luck with perfumebay.com. But maybe it is a case of spotty quality.

anyone try bigdiscount.com? Their prices seem to be too good to be true.

RE: BIGDISCOUNT.COM

I just purchased 3 bottles of cologne from Bigdiscount.com this past week. *They had the cheapest prices I could find so I thought I would take a risk and order from them even though I couldn't find any reviews on them. *Glad I gave them a shot. *They shipped my product out on Monday( I ordered on Friday) and I had my juice by Thursday(they are in Florida and I'm in Massachusetts.) No problems at all. *In fact, *I'm putting together a new order so that I can use the $5 off coupon that they sent with my package. *They enclosed a couple of samples too. *

Alright, I'm game. Hopefully you aren't just one of them plugging yourself though. I'll order a bottle and see what happens. Did you request samples? Or, did they just include them?

Quote Originally Posted by dlux
    Alright, I'm game. Hopefully you aren't just one of them plugging yourself though. I'll order a bottle and see what happens. Did you request samples? Or, did they just include them?
    LOL! *I wish I was in the fragrance business....kid in a *candy shop. *I did see that they are selling on ebay...so you could check that out. *I will say that their website could use some tweaking...and thier communication isnt the best I've encountered(a little impersonal.) *But they got my product to me fast and the best prices I could find. *Can't complain.

And I did not request samples....they just threw them in.

Basenotes Plus

Big Discount is the online division of the company that wholesales to Perfumania. I have been to their warehouse and can vouch for their stock. I met the owner and he is a good guy etc. Since I work long hours I can't get there often and actually buy sometimes from the site. One of the workers did not know who I was and actually called me to tell me that one of the frags was out of stock. Going there I feel exactly like a kid in a candy shop just like dlux says. I believe they are suppliers to Scentiments as well since they are in the same building.

WWW.PERFUMEDISTRIBUTOR.COM is the same company WWW.1STPERFUME.COM, just a warning... I checked the address for both companies- 1548 2nd ave. NY NY 10028

Any problems with Perfumebay.com? I received an incorrect order the other day when I ordered Creed Vetiver ('48) They sent me Guerlain, and have not been prompt in solving the problem...I'm very unimpressed...I have e-mailed them asking how to solve this problem and they have been very lackluster in getting back to me....a 70 dollar difference usually gets noticed promptly especially when called attention to...but I've not heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by PRBRT33
    Any problems with Perfumebay.com? I received an incorrect order the other day when I ordered Creed Vetiver ('48) They sent me Guerlain, and have not been prompt in solving the problem...I'm very unimpressed...I have e-mailed them asking how to solve this problem and they have been very lackluster in getting back to me....a 70 dollar difference usually gets noticed promptly especially when called attention to...but I've not heard back.
    I too had a problem with perfume-bay sending me the wrong merchandise. You have to call them. They sent me the correct item in about a weeks time with a return prepaid shipping label so that I could return the incorrect item. Other than that I haven't had any problems with them. I have found that it's always best to call these online merchants with problems like this as they seem to be slow to respond to emails.

Good luck.

GraySwan

Now I'm hesitant to buy from Perfumebay again. Does anyone know if parfum1 or scentiments is guilty of shady activites or selling old stock?

Basenotes Plus

Scentiments has an excellent reputation. I shop their kiosks at the local swap shop quite frequently. Imagination Perfumery is also great.

To be fair to Perfumebay.com...I pestered them just a little, and they were very prompt to respond and get the situation remedied. I was very appreciative for their quick response and hope to get the right product....like I said I ordered Creed Vetiver (1948)...if I wind up getting original vetiver (which I already own), I may get quite cranky... =)

I would also like to ditto that Scentiments is fantastic and so is Imagination Perfumery...luckyscent.com is also a favourite for harder to find stuff, they are quite generous with samples and send you some real quality juice...and never samples of what you ordered (but usually other juices from the same house and a few others which they seem to match to what you purchased, sort of a "you liked that, you may like this..." thing.)

I can vouche for Parfum1.com, I've ordered 2 times in the past 2months, no problems and the frags are smell great. I love perfumebay, but I will never order their samples, they smell off and some gave me a rash. That never happens with their full bottles though.

Default PerfumeOutlet.net?

Anyone order from this place?
    http://www.perfumeoutlet.net/default.asp
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Default Re: PerfumeOutlet.net?

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    Anyone order from this place?
    http://www.perfumeoutlet.net/default.asp
    dcampen,

I've received more old stock from this e-retailer than any other. I've order from them numerous times (at least 10 times) with some kind of problem almost every time I've ordered.

I decided after the last order, in which they sent me a reformulated version of a fragrance I wanted after they had confirmed by phone that they had and were going to send me the vintage version of the fragrance, a bottle whose spray mechanism didn't work, and a bottle of really old stock in a tattered box.

I have vowed never to buy from them again.

Let me know what fragrance you're after if it's a hard-to-find fragrance, and I'll help you track down a more reliable source if I can. If it's not a hard-to-find fragrance, I'd suggest you buy it from a more reputable e-retailer.

scentemental

Question Anyone purchase off of FragranceNet?

In particular any creeds of that site? The reason I ask is because I was recently given a bottle of GIT for my birthday and I think it is a fake. There is a topic on here about spotting fake creed's and mine sort of fit the bill. I sprayed it on today for the first time and was aware that it did not smell like the decant of GIT I purchased here from a fellow Basenoter. The scent kind of just faded away and didn't progress as much as I remebered it. I don't know if I have a fake or not so I need your guys help. Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone purchase off of FragranceNet?

Fragrancenet.com is my main place; however, I'm a newbie so you probably should ask someone else. LOL

I bought my Creed Taborome (the newer one) from them. I'm not familiar with Creed products but Taborome had no sillage. It lasted for 10-15 minutes max. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

Anyways, Fragrancenet has sent me old/bad product once or twice, but overall I would say I'm 90% happy with them.

I ended up selling my Creed Taborome on ebay, and the guy who bought it was pleased.

I've used Fragrancenet for about four years with few problems.
    Last edited by gregmech26; 2nd January 2007 at 11:40 PM.

I have purchased from them many times with no problems. I've bought a few Creeds from them too and they are real.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I recommend them as well. Look online for their discount codes too, they're always plenty. (I would have given you the 20% off code if it didn't expire 2 days ago.) The Creed Himalaya I bought was fine and the date on the box was pretty recent (2005.)

I thought I was special with the 15% coupon LOL

I just have this fear that it is a fake. I dont know why. I guess after seeing that topic it really made me scared that mine was a fake because it matched up with some of the stuff that fake creeds have.

I ordered a 1.7 oz of Armani Code and a 1.7 oz of Guess Man from FragranceNet. with the lucky coupon and free shipping, total price was 54 dollars (cheaper than buying them on ebay). They gave me a tracking number, big thumbs up in my book. Package arrived quickly, within a week, and the boxes of both bottles were still in shrink wrap. So far so good. To my surprise, they had sent me a 2.5 oz bottle of Guess Man. Whether it was a mistake or a Christmas present, I'll never know, but I highly recommend FragranceNet.

Yeah, they did that to me too. When they are out of the size you order, they will automatically ship you the next biggest size if available. Atleast that has been my experience.

It's a great business practice if you ask me.

I've ordered from them, no problems, good company.

Thumbs up Re: Anyone purchase off of FragranceNet?

I have purchased from FragranceNet several times with great results. I have been able to find scents I am not able to find anywhere online without paying ridiculous prices. I give them a thumbs up!

I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
    When I smell good, I feel good! Sounds easy doesn't it? It is...a pleasant scent is great for good moods!!

Question trusted places to order online

I usually buy my cologne at Nordstrom or Macy's. Are there cheaper places to buy online that are selling the real product that anyone would recommend? Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: trusted places to order online

imaginationperfumery.com, scentiments.com, bigdiscount.com are all good

fragrancenet.com I've had good luck with them in the past. Great deals and good service.

I have tried fragrancex, fragrancenet, strawberrynet and I found them quite reliable and attentive. They are the only ones that have better discount, small postage and handling fee and willing to ship to Asia.