Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Re: Stay away from scentedmonkey.com

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    I asked him specifically if it's trackable, and then... :)
    You're right, it is frustrating. And it also seems par for the course for big online companies of this type. I too have had long email chains with people unable to answer, or seemingly read a question. When I find places offering great customer service I stick to them like glue! Still have to use the other places sometimes though :)

Blog Entries

I think anybody would feel disrespected if only have "Its 9.99" answer to a clear multi-part question.

If it was me i dont know what my reaction would be then, may be i'd try to supress my frustration and dont buy from them and thats it, or I'd share my experience with fellows who share my hobby like here on basenotes! (I dont find it laughable or funny or baby-like to express how upset i am but i'll try not to attak people or offend them with words like idiots or uneducated or what so ever )

Default Re: Senteurs d'Ailleurs?! Never again!!! (WARNING! An extremely long rant)

I stopped working at Senteurs d'Ailleurs more than 3 years ago.
    I didn't react sooner as I don't visit the forum very often anymore.
    I would have appreciated if the people citing my name had checked their sources before assuming it was really me.

Thank you ausamamira, that was a reasonable post.

Basenotes Plus

Maybe, but Express (signed for) is normally a problem with high clearance charges.....
    basically, we are surcharged for express clearance, then they write out via Royal Mail with the increased charges & it takes longer than Priority and costs a load more! - don't know these guys but usually find that Priority is fine - if you trust you local P.O.

I'm totally on your side HammerFist.

Used to work in customer service field, I just cannot stand those behaviors. I once encountered a problem regarding customer service with Fragrancex.com and they were so rude that I literally swore on the phone. I mean, it's not easy to work in customer service field but if you take the money doing that job or call yourself a customer service representative then be at the very least polite (the basic requirement).

I don't know if they ship to your country but Amazon.com has beyond wonderful customer service (the stuff has to shipped from and sold by Amazon). I cannot stress enough how I'm amazed by their customer service. IMO, one of the best customer service in the whole world. Only deal with them once but Fragrancenet.com has a decent customer service too.
    Last edited by jasonx; 8th March 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Hi Jasonx,

Yes, I agree that amazon has great service. While I can buy many other things from them, they don't ship fragrance to India. I don't know why, but this is their policy.

I'll try fragrancenet.com next time, thank you for the suggestion.

Default Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Imagination Perfumery is now defunct. Can someone update the list?
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

rant
    Last edited by G Man; 9th March 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Update on Perfume Network: I have contacted them multiple times regarding the missing item and leaking bottle, but they have not responded to any of my e-mails. I would never buy from them again.

Bad packing, missing item, no customer service. Rock bottom rating.

Default Re: Has anyone purchased from www.namebrandsperfume.com?

I'm bumping this post to see if anyone else has had luck. It's hard to find good sites that don't have knockoffs

Fragranceexpress.com

I've bought from them once this year. They carry a lot of scarce frags (testers included). Go check them out
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Default Any Experience With www.ljshopping.net?

The prices are quite low which has me questioning the site already. If anyone has had experience with this website be it good OR bad, please let me know :-)

http://www.ljshopping.net
    Last edited by MassMenace; 27th April 2010 at 05:40 AM.

Default A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

well the title says it all.

I want to order few fragrances online but i dont know what site to trust.

I found Body Kouros for like 20$ (1.7) but i am worried it is fake.

What are some good reliable sites that don't sell fakes?
    Last edited by Kbar; 11th May 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Default Re: A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

Honestly, most sites don't sell fakes. Scented Monkey sells all authentic stuff and is very cheap and ships free with code. the only way you'll get a fake is if you order from ebay, and you may not even get a fake.. rather old stock; possibly used or exposed to heat or radiation, or harmful particles in the air that may seep through the bottle and cause it to decompose quicker (such as smoke or melting plastics/rubber etc). I've never seen a Body Kouros fake. Those new to fragrances.. they don't really do fakes unless it's Creed.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 11th May 2010 at 06:16 PM.

I've always bought from www.fragrancex.com and never got a fake frag. They really have great prices and sometimes they receive rare items too

It's not just Creed -- there are Chanel fakes all over the place, including from Amazon third-party sellers, and I've seen Guerlains online that I'm positive weren't authentic because the bottles were all wrong. The most likely to be faked are expensive fragrances that are highly popular, especially if they are in relatively simple packaging. There's no reason why the same people who sell fake perfume on eBay can't set up Internet storefronts and sell it that way too!

These discount sites seem to be reliable, from what other posters have reported:

Scentiments
    Beauty Encounter
    Parfum1
    Fragrance Net
    FragranceX
    Perfume Country
    Scented Monkey
    Strawberrynet

I know there are other reliable ones, but these are the ones I've heard good things about off the top of my head.

Some of the other e-tailers may not sell fakes, but may not ship what you ordered correctly, in a timely fashion, or at all!
    Last edited by Thalia; 11th May 2010 at 06:57 PM.

amazon.com can't be beat on prices. scentiments is great as well. can't comment on the others.

Cheapsmells.com - I'm their regular custommer.

Scentiments, Scent Monkey, Parfums Raffy, Beauty Encounter, Parfum 1 , BigDiscount - They've all been reliable for me.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Campagne by Sisley

Cheap-perfume.co.uk? Any info if this is reliable and do not sell fakes? I sure do hope not as I just ordered from them

Niche+ sites like Luckyscent, Beautyhabit, etc. are completely reliable.
    Regular e-tailers like Scentiments, Perfume.com, FragranceX, etc. are leliable too. HOWEVER, in my experience, the cheaper the prices, the less reliable they become (not in stock, fakes, damaged, shipping problems, etc.). Just beware of deals that are too good to be true when you compare sites--and I urge you to compare prices first and don't go with the one that's waaay cheaper than others. Just my opinion.
    Recently, I had a few very good experiences with e-bay stores too.

Kbar: there's an entire forum dedicated to your question. Please spend a few minutes researching threads over there.

Here's an oft-referenced thread: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Parfum1 - never a problem and the juice arrived fresh and on time.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/ is great for european customers. KrugerIndustrialSmoothing, have you tried?

Fragrancex are the main site I use. I find they have a great range, excellent prices, inlcuding some difficult to find scents, free shipping to anywhere. Others have had issues with their service, but I have always found it excellent, they have quickly sorted out any (of the few) problems I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    amazon.com can't be beat on prices. scentiments is great as well. can't comment on the others.
    100% agree about Amazon. It's best you order direct from them and not third party sellers. I bought a 1.6 oz. Terre d' Hermes at half the normal price and Gucci Pour Homme II at a discount of $30 off. Both arrived new and smelling fresh.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

I'm a fan of Amazon too. Never been burned. When you're new to this hobby and have surfed this site for awhile, you can become skittish about fakes.
    Dealing with Amazon or most of the sites referenced above, that shouldn't be a problem.

Most of the counterfeits are scents that are either very, very popular (Aqua di Gio; Le Male) or very expensive (Creed), and they are usually purchased via eBay at a price that was "too good to be true." You'll develop your instincts. Always beware if it a price is "too good to be true."

I sometimes worry with all sites if it's really old stock or was stored improperly. Not a lot you can do about that.
    Currently wearing: Uomo by Valentino

I too love Amazon, but I despise how their prices literally change every day.. sometimes as much as 10 bucks which really bothers me if I just bought something from them at their higher price. Sometimes if you catch it though, Amazon will reimburse you with the differential; they definitley have the best customer service on the planet. (at least if your order direct from their warehouse) Scented Monkey's prices are untouchable though. There's a site called parfumedistributor or something that i ordered from once a few years back.. they own several other sites as well; their prices are rock bottom and have some insanely cheap testers, but the customer service is horrible, and they lie on many of the things they ship (bottle sizes, some being unboxed , or sending testers when you order new ones) so I'd steer clear of them.
    FragranceX and Fragrancenet are both excellent, but not much of a discount.

Cool Re: A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Scentiments, Scent Monkey, Parfums Raffy, Beauty Encounter, Parfum 1 , BigDiscount - They've all been reliable for me.
    +1
    Scentiments currently has Body Kourus at $34.99 for 3.3oz edt spray. I'm sure it's genuine.

Though I have gotten letters from Oliver Creed warning me that their Curve Crush for Men is a fake!
    However since he wrote it was made my "Lissie Claibourne" I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th May 2010 at 10:58 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast