Code of Conduct

Default Knize Ten Or Royal English Leather ?

I read a lot of times Knize Ten was the first leather fragrance. But Royal English Leather was
    launched in 1781 so itīs a little bit older than Knize and in my opinion the first leather fragrance.
    What do you think ?

Erfl
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Default Re: Knize Ten Or Royal English Leather ?

REL is probably the first, certainly it is older than Knize Ten.

My guess is that Knize Ten is actually modeled after REL, come to think of it. Both have similar mandarin top notes, but after that the scents seem to diverge.

REL has a very short life span on me, alas! On me it is mostly mandarin, and well, that's it, but I have only the bottom of someone else's bottle in a eurodropper.

Knize Ten is probably as close to a "signature" scent I can think of for me. Long lasting mandarin merging into spices on my skin, not so much leather as perhaps tobacco when I did it in a mystery scent challenge, courtesy of Aztec.

REL you'll have to pay dearly for, of course. I haven't spotted testers of it at Douglas or at Blue Mercury.
    Knize Ten is available relatively cheap right now at parfum1 but you can also get it at Caswell Massey. Have never seen it on the street.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

For me REL is not quite leathery scent. And I feel its faked history sometimes.

Knize Ten could be not the oldest leather cologne, but it has very bright flowery-citrusy character. Loud, romantic and very good leather improved by castoreum, ambergris and musk.
    I can compare it with Keiko Mecheri a fleur de Peau - or Caron Tabac Blonde. Knize is more light and sunny, more easy and flirt-like...
    Hope this helps...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Royal English Leather has to the oldest extant leather fragrance. The leather is very different and phenomenal, very horsey and animalic. The fruity/sweet/leather combo has been duplicated many times along the years -- down to our own Habit Rouge, Cuiron and now John Varvatos -- and wont' be out of fashion. Truly remarkable.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Also compare Knize Ten with Pierre Cardin Cuir Fougere. Cuir Fougere is ambery where Knize Ten is spicy.
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Hey, K!

And where I could find Pierre Cardin Centaures Cuirs?
    I`m really dig in leather notes now - but Centaures stays untouchable for me...
    My friend from Washington found me Blue and Black bottles (web-traders do not write their names properly as it should be) - is Fougere amongst those?

I`d like to have all five Centaures in collection...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I have never seen any of the Pierre Cardin Centaures scents in the States. In fact the only two on the streets I have ever seen is the original PC and Blue Marine. Never saw the centaures on web pages either; I traded my way into Cuir Fougere. Cuir Fougere is the one with the green bottle with the giant horse head like a chess piece for a Knight.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish
    Hey, K!

And where I could find Pierre Cardin Centaures Cuirs?
    I`m really dig in leather notes now - but Centaures stays untouchable for me...
    My friend from Washington found me Blue and Black bottles (web-traders do not write their names properly as it should be) - is Fougere amongst those?

I`d like to have all five Centaures in collection...
    Hi Moon_fish!

Milamber might be able to help you. There is a little shop in singapore that stocks all the pierre cardin centaures cuirs collection. and not that expensive from memory...

AZTEC