Code of Conduct
    Serpent

Default So long, Yohji Homme...

From Luca Turin's blog (http://lucaturin.typepad.com/perfume_notes/):

But if after all these adventures you want to settle down with an invisible companion for life, then try my favourite: Yohji Homme, composed by Patou perfumer Jean-Michel Duriez. But step on the gas, they're discontinuing it when stocks run out.

So it seems Yohji Homme is done for. I'm not at all surprised, what with his releasing scents called "Yohji Yamamoto pour Femme" and "Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme." This is indicative of a house wanting to completely relaunch its fragrance line from the bottom up, especially as no one was carrying its scents anyway. And the women's Yohji has gotten as scarce as hen's teeth at many online sellers. So it looks like you Yohji Homme fans have you days - and bottles - numbered. I personally feel Bond No. 9's New Haarlem is an adequate (though massively overpriced) smell-alike for Yohji Homme, though some disagree with me. Anyway, Yohji Homme fans, I mourn with thee. While I couldn't wear it well, I recognize Yohji Homme as one of the best gourman scents for men, second only to Angel Men in my estimation. It's a real shame this one is being discontinued.

Default Re: So long, Yohji Homme...

It is not my favourite gourmand but I received more compliments while wearing Yohji than the rest combined.
    Moreover, it has the merit of being long-lasting.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Ooooooh my! Lucky for me I have a N.I.B. large bottle stashed away!

Regards,
    SixCats!

It's been selling for silly money at the US stores recently. got my 50 ml bottle new sealed at clearance sale at Ulta for a ridiculous $3 a few months ago. I reckon gourmand scents are not doing too well in the age of global warming and rightly so.

O. K.

Here's my Yohji Homme story:

I bought it on ebay some weeks ago. The seller sold a 50ml bottle and a 100ml bottle.

The 50ml bottle sold for 49 Euro, so I thought the 100ml bottle will be far more.

It was the bottle which I was told later eric had a bid on, but hasn't placed a bid with a max. amount, just one bid that was more then the previeous one.

Now, my max. amount I wanted to pay was around 30 Euro, but I got the bottle for much less. I got it for 0.50 Euro more than the bid eric placed. Was it 17 Euro? Then there was some talk about sniping ebay items.

When the bottle arrived, it was a letdown! The smell was alright, but it lasted about 15 minutes.
    I contacted the buyer, who bought the 50ml soo expensive. Also that bottle lasted about 15 - 20 minutes.

The seller was clever and didn't give any guarantee concerning the perfume. He just said it's a full bottle of original Yohji - never used, but no guarantee on the scent ....

Believe it or not, but after storing it two weeks in the fridge, I can live with the longevity. The longevity is not great, but it lasts for two or three hours. I heard it could last far longer though ....

.... and yes, it is similar to B*Men IMO

Nevermind [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Serpent... are you a Simon and Garfunkel fan? *Am I the only one here that sang that thread title in his head to the tune of "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright?"
    If I am the only one, someone please pretend at least to understand what I'm talking about so I don't feel like a nitwit!

So long, Yohji Homme.
    I cant believe your scent is gone so soon.
    I barely learned the tune
    So soon
    So soon.

Ill remember Yohji Homme.
    All of the nights wed harmonize till dawn.
    I never laughed so long
    So long
    So long.

Gourmand scents may come and
    Gourmand scents may go and
    Never change your point of view.
    When I run dry
    I stop awhile and think of you

So long, Yohji Homme.
    All of the nights wed harmonize till dawn.
    I never laughed so long
    So long
    So long.

Thanks Serpent for the link to the blog:-)
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    Thanks Serpent for the link to the blog:-)
    Thank Aztec in his original post and the fantastic woman who runs the superb Now Smell This blog (http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/). That's where I got the link.

Believe it or not, but after storing it two weeks in the fridge, I can live with the longevity. The longevity is not great, but it lasts for two or three hours. I heard it could last far longer though ....
    The lack of longevity is because your fridge is not cold enough. If you could give it a week in a commercial freezer at at least -20C you could get much better longevity. A week at liquid nitrogen temperatures and a single drop would last for days.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    The lack of longevity is because your fridge is not cold enough. If you could give it a week in a commercial freezer at at least -20C you could get much better longevity. A week at liquid nitrogen temperatures and a single drop would last for days.

I knew that something like that is just going to happen.

We already heard that microwaves might improve longevity, so freezing is not really a new genial idea IMO.

.... hey, I could freeze it in ball size and use it as a Deo Stick! Eh?? [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

works perfect in summer. In winter you get used to the cold outside and don't have to rub yourself with snow each morning! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon