Code of Conduct

Thread: CdG discussion

Default CdG discussion

Recently on the temporary board we had several CdG threads. I just wanted to open a one-stop shop.

I tried CdG EdP (on a paper strip) and CdG2 on my arm.

CdG was amazing. It smelled like the secret parts of plants. The undersides of leaves and the place where the leaf meets the stem. I can't... I have to try it again. I spoke with a woman customer in the CdG boutique who said, "That's their best one. I've worn it since the eighties. They've never done better."

CdG2 smelled like... a mechanical lemon. A lemon with actual gears and a bit of motor oil in there. Is this the one with the sumi ink note in it? I didn't grow up with sumi ink so that didn't do much for me, although I could easily imagine that note being loaded with emotional resonances if you're Japanese.

Default Re: CdG discussion

I agree about CdG EdP, the original CdG scent. Though I have many, many other CdG scents, that's The One for me! [smiley=cool.gif] [smiley=kiss.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Yes, CdG2 is the one with sumi ink. I imagine the ink is in the dry down.

I also think EdP is (one of the) the best, along side with Odeur53/71:-) It smells like nothing else. I don't have it but I hope to get a LE, if they will do it again.

The series' are fun, but the regulars are masterpieces.

http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    I hope to get a LE, if they will do it again.
    Do you mean a limited edition? I saw a "love hurts" edition of CdG2 at Sephora: it was packaged in a little heart shaped pillow made out of what looked like a silver brillo pad. Insane.

My question is, is it just special packaging or do they do a special remix, slight or extensive, of the scent? I did think "love hurts" was spicier than CdG2, but I also think it vanished more quickly.

I've been wearing Skai from the Synthetic series alot lately. I haven't tried Dry Clean, but I have tried the others, and I think Skai is the best from the series. It really smells like burnt paper and melted plastic, yet sexy in some way. Sometimes the "tupperware note" (as Serp has coined it in other frags), is a bit too persistent. As time goes on, I'm not sure how pretty the drydown is. Nevertheless, its one of my current top fives.

Quote Originally Posted by ExianNYC

Do you mean a limited edition? I saw a "love hurts" edition of CdG2 at Sephora: it was packaged in a little heart shaped pillow made out of what looked like a silver brillo pad. Insane.

My question is, is it just special packaging or do they do a special remix, slight or extensive, of the scent? I did think "love hurts" was spicier than CdG2, but I also think it vanished more quickly.

Yes. There were "regular" Christmas LEs with CdG EdP. 2500 pieces, hand numbered:-) They did it with CdG2 only once in 2002, the Beads - the silver bottle was in 3 colours, red, blue and green.

The later SE (special editions:-P) are CdG2, and the juice is the same. It is not very LE tho:-P
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Hi there! I'm a great CDG Parfums lover.
    I own the original EDP, Odeur 53, Serie 3 Incenses Ourzazate and Avignon.
    Now I'm attempted to try the 3... anyone can tell me about this Edt? I never smelled it...