Code of Conduct

Default Technical help needed regarding making a perfume

The board that's made for topics on making scents seems to have some errors. Please [ch8206]condone this slightly off-topic post.[ch8206]

I wanted to make an EdP version of a perfume that I have in oil. So, I added to it jojoba, a [ch8206]few drops of different essential oils, and then Vodka (Smirnoff). I'm so annoyed because [ch8206]the oil has made mercurial pearls in the juice and it looks as if added to water. Is there [ch8206]anything I must add to the mix so I can have the diluted properly? The oil perfume is very [ch8206]expensive and I can't afford to have it wasted![ch8206]

Thanks

Default Re: Technical help needed regarding making a perfu

Itís going to need to sit for a week or two. Lightly shake it a tiny bit, and set it in a closet for a week. Generally, fragrances need a bit of time for the oils to settle and blend with the alcohol.

What are the specs of the Vodka?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vavoom! Do you know the proof rating on the vodka? If it was 80, you may want to add in a little (or substitute altogether next time) some Everclear grain alcohol. I know that sounds insane but it's true! The excess water content of 80 proof vodka does not help the situation. And if Everclear is prohibited in the area in which you live, you may want to check the web for perfumer's blend type of alcohol. It is costly, but it is the correct stuff, per se.

And what Ipaidforthisname said is certainly true, as well. You gotta let that stuff settle in for a week to ten days. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Do not use vodka. It has too much water. As the adage goes: "Oil and water do not mix."

I highly recommend using grain alcohol or Everclear instead.

You can also add oils to Jojoba so you have a oil-based fragrance instead of an alcohol-based fragrance. I don't think there will be as much siliage with the oil-based fragrance though.

There may be more discussion regarding creating a scent in: http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...board=creation
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I get grain alcohol?

Where can I get grain alcohol?
    It varies by State. You can buy it in Nevada (as 190 proof Everclear) but not in California.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.