Code of Conduct

Default Recommendations for a first-timer

As a newbie to basenotes, I would be welcoming any recommendation for a fragrance for me. Specifically, I am interested in a 'summer scent'. I'm 35 years old and have been switching colognes since I started using them when I was 16. I used aramis Tuscany, Lagerfeld, Jules by Dior, Givenchy Insensť,YSL, Eau Sauvage, Gucci Rush, YSL Live Jazz, Givenchy pour Homme, a few bottles of L'Eau d'Issey. Right now, I'm using L'Eau d'Issey, YSL M7 and L'Instant de Guerlain PH which I bought recently and like very much.

I would like my new fragrance to be somewhat of a 'classic', which led me to buying a bottle of Guerlains 'Mouchoir de Monsieur' last summer after I was really stunned by the first impression. But on the long run, it was just too sweet for me. Right now, I'm constantly sniffing my arms, as in a shop here in Berlin, I put on Creed's Neroli sauvage and Histoire des Parfums '1828'. I quite like them both, but with the Neroli, I'm not too fond of the drydown (is there some vetiver in it?), and the 1828 seems a bit too sweet for summer. Anything else, I should try?

Default Re: Recommendations for a first-timer

Paco Rabanne pour homme

Try Chevalier d'Orsay. Beautiful citrus top with cinnamon spice-like drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by svendocino
    Creed's Neroli sauvage and Histoire des Parfums '1828'. I quite like them both, but with the Neroli, I'm not too fond of the drydown (is there some vetiver in it?), and the 1828 seems a bit too sweet for summer. Anything else, I should try?
    Neroli Sauvage isn't all that summery to me. I'd suggest Erolfa or Original Vetiver since neither are sweet. Both are very nice for summer. The OV is green and dry (unlike the Mugler stuff it gets compared to) and Erolfa is briny and fresh.