Code of Conduct

Default Do you update your wardrobe on a regular basis?

I've always wanted to start a poll...so here goes! A chance remark [smiley=rolleyes.gif] made me take a look at my wardrobe and I realized I hadn't updated it since I first joined Basenotes. It was like discovering a time capsule in my backyard. How about you? Do you update your wardrobe on a regular basis?

feel free to comment on how often you look at other people's wardrobes.

AZTEC

Default Re: Do you update your wardrobe on a regular basis

I'm on basenotes so much that I could never forget to. I'm always looking at what I own to see when might go good in the collection. As soon as I buy it I will add it to my wardrobe. Most of the time it is already something in my "WANT" list so I just have to switch that to "HAVE" but I make sure I do. I use my wardrobe a lot to compare and see what else I want. It's a good thing too because my computer is way to far from my room to go back and forth and I don't have a good enough memory to know all the frags I like. Thank basenotes! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

One more thing I just remembered. A lot of people like to have threads about wardrobe suggestions. Instead of naming everything in the thread, creating a link is so much easier. It shows everything a neat and orderly. Thats just some people though....

I don't see a point in showing my'"have"wardrobe to others and I rarely look at other members wardrobes, what's the use?No offence but most of us all have the same Silver Mountains and Chanels .Also I admit I'm to lazy to update ,so I quit doing it.

There is a point in showing your swaplist though. It's much easier to click on the link and see people's swaplist.

Swaplist, yes, wardrobe, nope.

I haven't updated mine in ages. [smiley=cheesy.gif]

If anything changes the wardrobe is adjusted accordingly.

Also I periodically reevaluate the ratings I've attempted to make. For what that's worth (hence the click here even if it's wrong on the link). Why? Because it is there.

I look at other lists now and then. Because they are there. I must be a fanatic, huh?

Yes, and it is driving me nuts! The thing is.... its ALMOST right.

When I count my actual fragrance bottles, there is ALWAYS ONE LESS than the number in my basenotes wardrobe. I can't for the life of me figure out which scent I've forgotten to add. I must have been back and forth 20 times over the past month trying to work it out, before giving it up as a ridiculous exercise. A couple of days later though, it starts to annoy me again.

One day I will find you elusive scent!

I also updated my wardrobe by the day and also change the ratings if I begin to like the fragrance or dislike it. I basically do this for my know good and it helps me keep track of my wardrobe. Instead of ravaging around my closet to find my SOTD, I just go through my virtual wardrobe, choose one and then go to the closet to find it. Itís far easier for me. Itís also a good way for other to see your wardrobe for swaps and trades.