Code of Conduct

Default is my Millesime Imperial fake or real?

hey guys,
    i have been hearing some talk about the Millesime Imperial by Creed sometimes been fake, i recently purchased a tester from Perfumebay? The Scent itself is astounding, however my bottle doesn't have a production date on it. Is this an andication to its fakeness or an andication to my paranoa?

Default Re: is my Millesime Imperial fake or real?

I think 99.9% of all Creed's out there are original.

I only heard of one bottle (Silver Mountain Water) which they called fake, but the looking of the bottle was obvious. I've never seen a picture of that fake one though.

If you can prove it's fake - I'll buy it. [smiley=grin.gif]
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Isn't the prod. date only on the box? I don't think there has to be one on the bottle.

aww, i don't know i never got the bottle. BTW, how many sprays of this stuff do i put on, it doesn't seem strong at all.

It is probably just your head making you think it's fake because it would be such a dent in your wallet if it were. Odds are it isn't but as far as spraying goes... I would use 4 or 5 because it doesn't really last long at all, on my skin at least. You could also just re-aply in the afternoon. Mine usually fades by then. *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

i thought MI did not last a while, but gosh, i get back in a closed environment and my car smells like MI. i think my shirt collar retains it, lol. anyway, wife says it is as strong after work as all but a few i have ever worn

sam

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I think 99.9% of all Creed's out there are original.

I only heard of one bottle (Silver Mountain Water) which they called fake, but the looking of the bottle was obvious. I've never seen a picture of that fake one though.

If you can prove it's fake - I'll buy it. [smiley=grin.gif]
    There are a number of fake Creeds that have been proliferating on Ebay, particularly GIT and SMW. There an excellent posting by marcos_xs in the thread titled "How Do I Spot Fake Creed? Please Help!" which has a lot of pics and descriptions of the fake stuff. (I would have posted a link to it, but I'm not allowed yet... too much of a noob I guess...)

I purchased a fake SMW on Ebay a little while back, just before I joined BN. The stuff smelled awful. To confirm that it was fake, I bought a sample from Perfumebay and compared them... Well, no comparison. The box for the fake SMW also had all the same misspellings as shown in the above thread, as well as the many other telltale signs.

I approached the seller with the assumption that he might not have realized that the product was fake, and presented him with my collection of "evidence." He seemed concerned about the issue, and ended up refunding my money in full, as well as the return shipping! Last I saw, he no longer had SMW in his items for sale, where before he had several.

So, be careful about buying Creed on Ebay, particulary GIT and SMW. You might not run across a seller as sympathetic as I did!

have you spoken to perfumebay.com about this? I've made several purchases from them, and will continue to do so. Everything I've received from them has looked and smelt fine. As in: The real deal, trustworthy.
    Anyone ever gotten questionable merchandise from perfumebay.com?

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo
    have you spoken to perfumebay.com about this? I've made several purchases from them, and will continue to do so. Everything I've received from them has looked and smelt fine. As in: The real deal, trustworthy.
    Anyone ever gotten questionable merchandise from perfumebay.com?

I had no problem with perfumebay, (well, other than being a bit pricey on the shipping of samples!).

Z
    Last edited by Drzed; 26th January 2007 at 06:16 AM.

I wouldn't be too concerned with having no date on the back of your box. Only two of my five boxes is stamped and I'm 100% certain of their authenticity.