Code of Conduct

Default New locale = new wardrobe!

Hi folks,

To make a long story short, Iíve just moved to eastern Texas from Maryland. Besides trivial matters like finding a job and extreme culture shock [smiley=shocked.gif], my fragrance wardrobe needs to be reevaluated in light of my new surroundings. My wardrobe was balanced for Maryland, but summer and winter are entirely different phenomena in Texas. Iím not entirely slavish in regards to matching scents with seasons, but I wonít get as many chances to wear my favorite heavier scents since high temps here average almost 60 degrees in January.

I have some summer standbys, like Eau díHadrien, Eau Sauvage, GFT, and Crown Marquis, but I need some additional selections for the spring and fall when temps are still in the 80s and above.

Iím looking for fragrances that are lighter Ė I hesitate to use the term ďfreshĒ because I think itís lost most its meaning through excessive marketing drivel Ė but that still have enough depth to satisfy my yearning for heavier scents. Based on previous posts and reviews, I have decants of Himalaya, Castile, and Philosykos on the way.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers! (and thanks),
    Bob

Default Re: New locale = new wardrobe!

I totally relate to you. I just moved to North Carolina from California. Talk about extreme culture shock! Its crazy!

I'd recommend looking toward Creed fragrances - Creed fragrances often have a lot of depth and character without being too heavy for warm weather use. They often have fresh personalities, despite their rich and deep notes. New Tabarome seems like it would fit well.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    I'd recommend looking toward Creed fragrances - Creed fragrances often have a lot of depth and character without being too heavy for warm weather use. They often have fresh personalities, despite their rich and deep notes. New Tabarome seems like it would fit well.
    IPaid,

I've sampled several Creeds, but I've not tried Neroli Sauvage, which I noticed you had in your wardrobe. What do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat13

IPaid,

I've sampled several Creeds, but I've not tried Neroli Sauvage, which I noticed you had in your wardrobe. What do you think of it?

I actually picked up my bottle when I was writing my post and thought about recommending it. It's a rich and elegant fragrance. It's creamy and fresh, while having a bitter accord. It's wonderful. It can be worn in any season, and is one of my favourite summer and spring choices. Rich and elegant, but fresh and slightly bitter. Give it a try.

You want a fresh scent with a lot of depth for summer, well... you know i'm gonna say it, so i'll say it anyway! LAGUNA!!!

Yang
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Pasha OR Baldessarini
    Brut Classic
    LV Spezie
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Azzaro Visit
    M7 Fresh
    Many of the Creeds
    Laguna
    HM