Code of Conduct

Default Anyone want to make a few suggestions for me?

Ok, I am now unemployed which means I probably won't be buying anything new until I get a new job, and I don't have a huge collection as it is, but when my income returns to a more normal level I think I would like to add a few more fragrances to my collection. So, anyone willing to take a look at my wardrobe and tell me what they think I should add?

A few notes to consider, even when I was working I still wasn't wealthy, and as you will be able to tell from looking at my wardrobe I don't tend to buy really expensive scents, so keep this in mind. I also tend to like fresher fragrances and have found that I really enjoy things that fit into the "anti-fragrance" category, or maybe I just like things that are a bit on the odd side?

So with that in mind, suggest away!

Default Re: Anyone want to make a few suggestions for me?

If you like the fresher types then I would suggest Cool Water, Chrome, Blv Notte and, if you are willing to spend a little extra, Tabarome Millesome. They are all so good and fresh to my nose. They are more common but they don't cost you too much so check them out. [smiley=cheesy.gif]

I'll give it a shot.

For a nice fresh scent that falls into the anti-fragrance catagory try Thierry Mugler cologne. It's light fresh and mildly green.

Another good one you might want to try is Eau Sauvage. It's been around forever but most non-cologne people haven't smelled it before so it is new to them. The main notes in it are lemon, basil and a bit of vetiver. Something special about it is that it is fresh but not sweet, like so many of the new citrus scents out there.

Good luck finding new work.

Adam

For anti-fragrances, try the non-scents of the fragrance world like Tommy T, Gendarme and Clean for Men.
    For something more traditional, look at the classics with Xeryus, Jazz Prestige, Guerlain Vertiver, Derby, Habit Rouge, Paco Rabanne XS.
    For modern renditions, Laguna is good but seeing how you don't like Amen, it may not do it for you but try it out anyway. Others include Memoire, Escada Magnetism, Very Valentino.

Knize Ten - a classic leather scent
    Live Jazz - great summer scent with rhubarb, yuzu and mint notes
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

tobydear

Hi kilted,

If I were you, I would save my money and not spend it on any of this chemical junk that was made just to make poor scent addicts even poorer and that smells like garbage. IMO, Eau Sauvage is the only one worth buying, but as I said ...

Happy Easter!

Tobydear

You could also try some of the Comme des Garcons scents. The "Series 4" fragrances (Peppermint, Rhubarb, Cinnamon) are fresh, clean, unique and not too expensive; I personally really love also the "Series 1" scents, especially Lily and Calamus.

So your looking for a fresh anti-fragrance. First thing that came up in my mind was:

Comme Des Garcon Odeur 53

fresh and wierd

Great ideas guys, I will definitely try to check out Eau Sauvage, Thierry Mugler cologne, Gendarme, and Tabarome Millesome as they sound the most interesting to me. I appreciate the CdG recommendations but I already have Peppermint and Odeur 53, which I both love along with CdG 3 and a decant of Skai. I haven't tried Rhubarb, but I did try Cinnamon and didn't really care for it. I really want to try the rest of the synthetic series though, they all sound fascinating.

As far as staying away from chemical junk, I guess some of my favorite scents would probably fall into the chemical junk category, so I suppose I will have to disagree with you on this one Tobydear, but I suppose the fact that different people like different scents is a good thing or there would only be 3 or 4 scents available to us

One more question, I am 35 years old, when you look at my wardrobe does it seem I am leaning toward scents that are too "young" for someone my age?

Quote Originally Posted by kilted

One more question, I am 35 years old, when you look at my wardrobe does it seem I am leaning toward scents that are too "young" for someone my age?
    Nope, you're fine.

Hell, I'm 33 and I wear all kinds of "youth" scents. I also wear plenty of "old" stuff, e.g. Guerlain Vetiver, Givenchy Gentleman, etc.

Just for the heck of it, try smelling Halston Unbound. It's VERY inexpensive, and a pretty decent "fresh" scent.

My favorite "budget" scent has to be Sung Homme. Totally masculine, totally clean, and totally appropriate if you want something that says "I'm 35, not 25."
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by tobydear
    Hi kilted,

If I were you, I would save my money and not spend it on any of this chemical junk that was made just to make poor scent addicts even poorer and that smells like garbage. IMO, Eau Sauvage is the only one worth buying, but as I said ...

Happy Easter!

Tobydear
    Good call using garbage in the same paragraph as Eau Savage. It's more appropriate placement would be in the same sentence though. I like to think that the "poor scent addicts" are able to distinguish what their noses like and to imply they're lemmings is, well, wrong. Scentsei, the age thing is totally overblown. If you like what you wear, that's the only thing you need to worry about.