Code of Conduct

Default For those with larger collections/accumulations

If you have several bottles and have some that may go unused for a few months, do you ever notice that the juice is a bit distorted when used after the bottle has sat for some time? It seems to settle down after a few minutes to the proper top notes but the initial impression is that the scent is off. This seems to happen even with newer bottles of scent. It doesn't happen with all of my scents and honestly, it seems to be confined to niche scents. I know that the juice can get a bit strange while sitting in the plastic atomizer wand but this seems to happen even if I spray off a few shots to get rid of that wierd juice.
    My scents are stored in a refrigerator set at the lowest temp. but this still happens even with scents stored in a cool, dark dresser drawer.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!
    Eric

Default Re: For those with larger collections/accumulation

I've noticed this too. However, it's so random that I can't figure out what might cause it. It's also infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me. One theory I have is that it's not the fragrance, but my nose and/or my memory of the fragrance that gets a little off. For example, occasionally I go through brief periods of a day or so where everything smells the same, but less strong. [smiley=huh.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

It happens to me too.

My theory is its those little air bubbles in the plastic tube up to the dispenser. I think that the juice inside that tube gets oxidised rather quickly, while the rest of the bottle (since it isn't permeated with air) lasts much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_
    It happens to me too.

My theory is its those little air bubbles in the plastic tube up to the dispenser. I think that the juice inside that tube gets oxidised rather quickly, while the rest of the bottle (since it isn't permeated with air) lasts much longer.
    I think that sounds like a good theory.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)