Code of Conduct

Default A question about Xeryus:

I see on Parfum1.com they sell a 100ml Xeryus for $25.95. Which seems like a nice price. But it looks like theyāre showing the old bottle in the picture. If you canāt go there to look, itās that bottle that looks dark blue or black, and has that rectangular pattern on it ö you know what I mean? (Not the clear bottle with the black label on it ö thatās the new bottle, right?) And if that is the old bottle theyāre showing in the picture, does that mean itās the old bottle theyāre selling? And if thatās true, do you all think that itās old juice and should be avoided? Any advice in this matter would be appreciated, guys. Thanks.

Default Re: A question about Xeryus:

I am a big Xeryus fan and I think the original bottle is much better then the new ugly square one w/lable.

I've stocked up on the old ones and the scent has not gone bad at all and looks a lot nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus

I've stocked up on the old ones and the scent has not gone bad at all and looks a lot nicer.
    That sounds all right, then. I'll get it! Thanks, brother.

do it Coleman, funny you should post this, I'm wearing Xeryus tonight. As Scentimus mentions, not only does the old bottle look better, have a better atomizer, it's the classic juice you'd want anyway! I have the new bottle, and I haven't dectected a difference, but I'm always a little weary of bottle changes :-/ As for the juice going bad, it never will....

I recently bought this one and thought it was a shame they changed a really unique and classy looking bottle for one that looks like everything else.

Glad the juice didn't change, though. Nice, traditional scent.

We had a similar thread a while back about Givenchy bottles - not about this scent especially. But I recall a general disappointment that the individual fragrances are losing their visual identity for the sake of corporate branding.

I believe I am right in saying that all Givenchy bottles are now going to be identical with similar style lables, apart from Pi and PH. Is that right? ???

The only good thing IMO is that Monsieur de Givenchy still looks very similar to before as all bottles seem to have been modelled on that!

Trot

francois

Speaking of Xeryus:
    I'd like to get suggestions for very similar, but softer scents.

Thanks in advance!

Francois, try Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels, that's probably the best in that range. (At least, to me.)
    Also springing to mind are: Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent, Nobile by Gucci, or even Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche.

francois

Thanks Coleman.
    I already own Tsar, owned Jazz and Nobile and dislike Drakkar Noir.
    Other suggestions?

Hi Francois,
    Try Very Valentino. It's Xeryus softened with vanille.

Xeryus is a WONDERFUL scent that I too often forget I own..........

Mic.