Code of Conduct

Default W man by Roberto Verino

Well in the absence of the Basenotes Forum I really had nothing to do [smiley=embarassed.gif]

So I decided to take a nice ride and go to Perfumania. *The store was in the midst of launching Roberto Verino 2nd men's scent W. *Now I don't know if the name of the scent is V V or W for the letter are intertwined. :question

The design is one of the best a bottled cube within a cube with great play on amber and red colors. *No box the bottle is contained in a black textured foam cube. *All very well done and very Verino in style.

Actually it was the scent that grabbed me. *Very unique for men's scent and very Latin too. *Kind of hot blooded.

Think of Jaipur Homme and take away all the spice blend it with YSL Jazz then take the spice of Jaipur put it in a eyedropper and just add a drop to the mix. [smiley=huh.gif]

From what I under stand its a blend of Rose, Heliotrope, Pepper, Clove and Jasmine in the middle.

Just a really great scent long lasting with good sillage. *Stupid me I didn't get a bottle then on the way home I kept smelling the scent strip and would kick myself [smiley=cry.gif] for not getting it.

I ended up the next day driving all the way back to pick it up. Its a MUST to the collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W man by Roberto Verino

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Well in the absence of the Basenotes Forum I really had nothing to do [smiley=embarassed.gif]

So I decided to take a nice ride and go to Perfumania. *The store was in the midst of launching Roberto Verino 2nd men's scent W. *Now I don't know if the name of the scent is V V or W for the letter are intertwined. :question

The design is one of the best a bottled cube within a cube with great play on amber and red colors. *No box the bottle is contained in a black textured foam cube. *All very well done and very Verino in style.

Actually it was the scent that grabbed me. *Very unique for men's scent and very Latin too. *Kind of hot blooded.

Think of Jaipur Homme and take away all the spice blend it with YSL Jazz then take the spice of Jaipur put it in a eyedropper and just add a drop to the mix. [smiley=huh.gif]

From what I under stand its a blend of Rose, Heliotrope, Pepper, Clove and Jasmine in the middle.

Just a really great scent long lasting with good sillage. *Stupid me I didn't get a bottle then on the way home I kept smelling the scent strip and would kick myself [smiley=cry.gif] for not getting it.

I ended up the next day driving all the way back to pick it up. Its a MUST to the collection!
    I was quite impressed with his first one, so I was really interested in trying this one last year when it first appeared. I posted that it didn't grab me much. Now that I've read the ingredients you posted, I realise that it could have been because I am often initially averse to anything with rose in it.
    I'll go back and re check it.
    Renato

I wore this today and the most unique dry cedarwood note comes from the base. I am so glad I discovered this one. I suggest all give it a try if you go by a Perfumania.

Yvan

Perfumania, eh? I may have to take a drive and go test it. I don't really see it offered on the internet yet.

How much do you guys think it's like Jaipur Homme? It may've been the heliotrope in that that I found disagreeable, kind of a powdery note, if that's what heliotrope smells like.

Yvan

I went to Perfumania today and sprayed on some V V Man (the SA called it W, but I guess it's understandable, the way the graphics are on the box and bottle). I can still smell it after a few hours, which is always a good sign! I smell the rose, maybe intermingled with another floral note or two, I smell a bit of pepper, and some wood; for some reason, the wood reminds me a bit of the wood in M7. There's also a slight citrus or fruit note, almost like apple. Overall, I like the scent, but it doesn't knock me out, so I didn't buy it. Also, I sprayed a bunch on, but it still stayed really close to the skin, though it may just be my chemistry.