Code of Conduct

Thread: Monsieur Carven

Default Monsieur Carven

Today I won an auction for a 4oz bottle of Monsieur Carven. I don't know what to expect other than what I remember from Milamber's excellent review. It is a blind buy again which reiterates the fact that "flesh is so weak".
    What do you think of Monsieur Carven?
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Default Re: Monsieur Carven

If I remeber correctly, Carven starts a bit sweet - then changes into a very nice soft oriental.

Enjoy

LiquidE

The note to look out for is Jasmine! The most sublime floral note made masculine with a touch of civet. Wear it with confidence. A powersuit scent. Classic. Glad you have a chance to experience it. Everybody should, but this is rare stuff and getting rarer by the minute!

What a coincidence! I also just won a 4oz. bottle of Monsieur Carven! I hope it is a good scent. Is it in the same vein as Habit Rouge and Jaipur Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    What a coincidence! I also just won a 4oz. bottle of Monsieur Carven! I hope it is a good scent. Is it in the same vein as Habit Rouge and Jaipur Homme?
    How come it's suddenly raining Monsieur Carven? And no, it's nothing like Habit Rouge or Jaipur Homme. It's a deep, rich floral bouquet but not feminine, more in a gentlemanly way.

haha! Milamber, I bought monsieur carven for a song on a trip to sin city (singapore) last year. I found it in the discount shop run by the 2 sisters whose name I now forget. Lots of treasures there!

AZTEC

ahahaha....you jerks! I was bidding on that bottle!!

Don't know about it, but Carven PH is one of the best bottles I own and it was dirt cheap. This venerable old house is much overlooked.

Yvan

What, did somebody mention Carven Homme?! I gotta jump in and say I love it too, I think of it as kind of a poor man's Bois du Portugal with extra spice and a touch more vanilla, and the wood is mainly cedar and sandalwood to my nose, one of my faves too. *I use the term "poor man's" lightly, because it's one good solid frag, well worth the slight cost. *I agree, Ballardbeau, they're underrated in my eyes too. *Actually, I've sampled Bois du Portugal, and I prefer Carven Homme. I think CH is also a bit similar to Le Male, but they're different enough, and I wear CH way more than Le Male.

The more talk there is about Monsieur Carven, the more I want to try it, but man, you can't find it anywhere on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by aztec
    haha! *Milamber, I *bought monsieur carven for a song on a trip to sin city (singapore) last year. *I found it in the discount shop run by the 2 sisters whose name I now forget. *Lots of treasures there!

AZTEC
    Yeah, that's where i get most of my loot as well! Hope you're enjoying it. Great stuff.