Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New: Baldessarini Del Mar.

WWD
    Baldessarini's New Man
    By Brid Costello with contributions by Bryn Kenny

PARIS ó What does the man who has everything do on his day off? If heís Werner Baldessarini, founder of Hugo Bossí high-end menís wear line, Baldessarini, he hits the Riviera for a spot of yachting.

Thatís the lifestyle meant to be encapsulated in Del Mar, the brandís newest menís fragrance, created with Procter & Gamble, holder of the Baldessarini beauty license.

For the project, P&G questioned Baldessarini (also former chairman of the Hugo Boss board and now member of its advisory board and creative consultant to Hugo Boss and Baldessarini) about leisure pursuits for well-heeled, mature men.

Del Mar is the second fragrance under the Baldessarini umbrella, which also includes a signature scent. Petronille Didelot, brand manager at P&G Prestige Beautť, noted that the strategy for the Hugo Boss, Hugo and Baldessarini fragrance brands calls for the creation of a variety of scents falling into either signature, seductive or leisure categories.

ďWe need to grow the [Baldessarini] portfolio,Ē said Didelot. ďWhile doing the new fragrance, we decided to make it for the leisure segment.Ē

While she refused to divulge sales estimates, industry sources say Del Mar could ring up $15 million in retail sales annually in the U.S.

Pleasure-cruising elements are meant to be evident in many of the scentís facets. Take its blue juice, for example, created to recall azure waters. Del Marís heavy squat glass bottle, designed by Didier Boudard, of Quíon Se Le Dise agency, features an indent, reminiscent of the horizon. The flaconís cylindrical cap resembles a mooring post.

Del Marís print and television advertising campaign features Baldessarini model Charles Schumann. Print advertising, shot by Iris Brosch under Lelievre, will break as single pages.

Del Marís juice, concocted by P&G Prestige Beautťís international fragrance creation team, is woody, spicy scent. Its top notes include mandarin, black pepper and Italian bergamot. At its heart are cinnamon, Indian cardamom oil and Moroccan Atlas cedar. Oliban resin, amber, vetiver and patchouli notes are in its dry down.

The eau de toilette comes as 50- and 90-ml. sprays that will retail in France for 47 euros and 62 euros, or $61 and $81 at current exchange. In the U.S., they will sell for $44 and $59, respectively.

Del Marís ancillary line comprises 50- and 90-ml. aftershave lotions, for $49 and $62, or 38 euros and 48 euros, respectively; a 75-ml. aftershave balm for $48, or 37 euros, plus a 150-ml. shower gel, a 75-g. stick deodorant and a 150-g. spray deodorant for $27, or 21 euros, each. The U.S. market will have the aftershave, $42; the shower gel, $21, and the stick deodorant, $16.

Del Mar will bow internationally from April through June.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New: Baldessarini Del Mar.

That sounds really amazing and for the somber mood I'm in right now its deffinately a boost.

Hugo Boss is deffinately one of my favorite designers. There is so many amazing smells to come with that name on the box. This better be another one.

I really like the spicy notes or Boss in Motion and I think the Black Pepper and Cinamon will play off each other very nicely. The drydown, coming from the Top and Middle notes shown, was not expected but wow it sounds good.

I may not know as much as some of the older people here but from what I do know about what I like, this is going to be amazing. I am really looking forward to trying Del Mar out and it doesn't turn out to be a dud.

Thanks cedriceccentric,

* Always a pleasure to read your threads.