Code of Conduct

Default what do you think about paco rabanne pour homme?

I have never smelled it . is it good for formal or casual?
    is it a good altlernative of other fresh fragrance?
    thank you

Default Re: what do you think about paco rabanne pour homm

I just finished reading through the 12 or 13 positive reviews of PR and realized there's not much to add to such acclaim.

It's a soapy, metallic fougere with rosemary notes. PR Pour Home is one of those fragrances which cannot be easily mistaken for anything else. I smelled it again a couple of years ago, upon its relaunching, and it seemed to be a bit richer than usual in pine needle. A real classic in its time, and even now! I would say is both good for formal and casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    It's a soapy, metallic fougere with rosemary notes. PR Pour Home is one of those fragrances which cannot be easily mistaken for anything else. I smelled it again a couple of years ago, upon its relaunching, and it seemed to be a bit richer than usual in pine needle. A real classic in its time, and even now! I would say is both good for formal and casual.
    ciao leo,
    do you smell the eau de paco too?
    for yorself is it a good fresh fragrance for this spring ?
    I usually use in this period 212 , and now I would buy the original and eau de paco for the office.

It was my first (real) fragrance ever , I was 14 years old. This is the one that got me interested in fragrances.

I just got a sample of this again. I'm not sure if I'd still wear it, but it's not bad. It's much stronger than the new Eau de Paco.

Quote Originally Posted by dino

ciao leo,
    do you smell the eau de paco too?
    for yorself is it a good fresh fragrance for this spring ?
    I usually use in this period 212 , and now I would buy the original and eau de paco for the office.
    Ciao Dino,

never tried Eau de Paco unfortunately *[smiley=sad.gif] Have you tried Bulgari pour Homme? I think it's a very good masculine scent for the spring and the office.

It is a great manly fragrance. Starts out pretty ruff in the beginning but smooths down into one remarkable and distinct smell. 31/2 out of 5 stars in my book

Paco Rabanne kicks more ass than Bruce Lee. Some people describe it as "clean" smelling, but I call it "soapy." You could get away with it almost anywhere--on a date, in the office, at the gym, etc. Imagine TM Cologne's grandfather--clean and soapy, but recognizable as a retro scent with more sillage and masculine authority. Paco Rabanne also bears a slight resemblance to Hermes Equipage, which also smells "soapy." Given how inexpensive it is, I'd say it's one of the best bargains in the fragrance world. Damn, now I wish I wore it today!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

tobydear

Very strong scent, not a discreet one. Can be overpowering and, IMO, does not mingle very well with one's body odour. Wearing it, one smells "perfumed", not just "good".

A very good scent for the summer is "Eau du Coq" from Guerlain. Expensive, but very good quality. Fresh and citrussy. Makes you just smell "good". Parisian men go for it, I've been told. Of course, if one wants to smell/stink "perfumed", the PR is better / stronger.

"Joop", by the way, is quite a cheap label. Joop himself is/was a fashion designer. He has rented his name to make money, and another company produces "smells" in his name. They appear and then they disappear again. No comparison with any prestigious perfume maker.

IMHO the best scent is when people say: "Oh, you smell good", not: "What is that perfume you are wearing?", especially for a man.

Happy Easter!

Tobydear

Quote Originally Posted by tobydear
    Very strong scent, not a discreet one. Can be overpowering and, IMO, does not mingle very well with one's body odour. Wearing it, one smells "perfumed", not just "good".

A very good scent for the summer is "Eau du Coq" from Guerlain. Expensive, but very good quality. Fresh and citrussy. Makes you just smell "good". Parisian men go for it, I've been told. Of course, if one wants to smell/stink "perfumed", the PR is better / stronger.

"Joop", by the way, is quite a cheap label. Joop himself is/was a fashion designer. He *has rented his name to make money, and another company produces "smells" in his name. They appear and then they disappear again. No comparison with any prestigious perfume maker.

IMHO the best scent is when people say: "Oh, you smell good", not: "What is that perfume you are wearing?", especially for a man.

Happy Easter!

Tobydear
    Happy Easter to you too Tobydear (and to all the Basenoters here!!!)

Yes Eau du Coq is a masterpiece. However, besides being expensive, it's also the single weakest fragrance I know in the matter of staying power. 20 minutes and it's all gone, at least on me (but I believe this to be the general consensus about this frag). So I'm back to the equally wonderful Monsieur de Givenchy. I think this fits your description of what a best scent should be to a tee.

I like this fragrance. Fresh and nice. Pine note is strongest for me (not as much pine as Pino Silvestre, that is really strong) IMHO I think it could be used anywhere. Very balanced fragrance. What I mean by that is that it has a nice variety of notes and not any to really
    smack you or those around you.

tobydear

Yes, Monsieur de Givenchy is wonderful for spring and summer. Lots of Verbena in it. Smells goooood!

Tobydear

Soapy and Dated but Classic ! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Agreed. Great scent soapy, green, fresh wonderful. If you want the niche version of this you can try Creed's Juniper Bay (Baie DG) for a carbon copy. If you want a modern niche version you can try Bond No. 9's Great Jones a copy of a copy. Monsieur de Givenchy is nice but smells so dated ..
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust