Code of Conduct

Thread: Joop Jump

Luca

Default Joop Jump

Leaving aside the stupid name, has anybody tried Joop Jump?

http://www.douglas.de/DGCatProductPa...oduct_Id=22619

Default Re: Joop Jump

Jep, I tried it. I wrote something about it, check the thread "Quick look at the news". In a nutshell: Starts fresh, then becomes sweeter and almost powdery. Tonka beans are the only note I can identify for sure. Nothing special about it. I expected something like L'eau bleue or Kenzo Air, but this is a scent like so many out there...

I just had the chance to smell it from the bottle (not on my skin) and my first impression was Body Kouros. I could be wrong though............

Mic.

I just smelled this in a store and had the same impression as Timothy had, very ordinary scent.I didn't buy it.  But now I'm sniffing at the card again and now it smells great. I'm sensing a sweetish tonkabean smell,almost like Allure homme sport or something.
    Not bad at all, have to try this again.

I just received a scented postcard from Joop!. I wish they'd send me a miniature but all I got is this lousy postcard. Anyway, I put the postcard in my car near the ventilation system and soon my car was filled with the smell of Jump. And yes, it isn't a bad scent. It's nice and I can see a certain similarity to Allure Sport, like Eric. The only problem with it is, that there a at least twenty scents I'd rather buy than this, there's just no reason why I should add Jump to my collection, I got Allure, I got Body Kouros and a multitude of other "nice" scents.

But from the commercial point of view, Joop did a great job. They created a scent that will find a huge number of customers, because it's so unoffensive and hmm... "nice". They obviously target people who usually buy Boss #6 or L'eau d'Issey or AdG (and nothing else), and they will love Jump.

Is it just me, or has Joop! created better fragrances in the past? Homme (like it or not) is still a great, daring scent, Nightflight still one of my favs, What about Adam? a fantastic fragrance that's unfortunately discontinued and even rococco men is good. But the same happened to their womens fragrances, has anybody tried Muse? One of a thousand sweet, milimetre-deep (thank you Chandler Burr) designer frags. They used to make better ones, Le bain or All about Eve... What a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    Is it just me, or has Joop! created better fragrances in the past? Homme (like it or not) is still a great, daring scent, Nightflight still one of my favs, What about Adam? a fantastic fragrance that's unfortunately discontinued and even rococco men is good. But the same happened to their womens fragrances, has anybody tried Muse? One of a thousand sweet, milimetre-deep (thank you Chandler Burr) designer frags. They used to make better ones, Le bain or All about Eve... What a shame...
    True. It looks like they are more carefull now and make more fragrances that appeal to a wide audience. I loved What About Adam (one of the first to use tomato leaf in a mens scent) and Rococo for men too, but they were not big selling hits. Too bad.

Swann

Joop Jump is another vulgar and common scent. No class at all.

Swann

Quote Originally Posted by Swann
    Joop Jump is another vulgar and common scent. No class at all.

Swann
    Common I understand, but vulgar !? no.

I had the "pleasure" of testing this and getting a sample of it the other day.

Same ole same ole synthetic vile sweet oriental scent.

Yet another Joop floop (or should that be flop :P) IMHO :-X

Yvan

This may've been posted before elsewhere, but for easy access:

"A creative inspiration around frozen Vodka and Coriander leaves."  Notes of Rosemary, Thyme, Grapefruit, Vodka, Coriander Leaves, Heliotrope, Tonka Beans, Vetivert and Musk. Launching March 2005.

I haven't tried any of the Joop scents...maybe I should check them out. After all, I see Naed_Nitram (Dean Martin backwards...maybe a de Charlus alias?!) gave What About Adam a thumbs up and semi-flowery literary salute.

As soon as I saw Joop Jump in the english GQ without smelling it I said "NEXT!!!".................

Peace,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

I agree Joop was very daring in the past with fragrances.

Femme & Homme were BOLD signature scents

Berlin was sheer genius and way ahead of its time again discontinued. Could never understand why they didn't launch a men's counter part.

I was impressed with Rococo for women but let down by the men's version.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
     After all, I see Naed_Nitram (Dean Martin backwards...maybe a de Charlus alias?!) gave What About Adam a thumbs up and semi-flowery literary salute.

What about Adam is the ONLY scent worth sniffing from Joop IMO. Guess what? ITS FRIGGIN DISCONTINUED, QUEL SUPRISE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    I just had the chance to smell it from the bottle (not on my skin) and my first impression was Body Kouros. I could be wrong though............

Mic.
    Got it in one!

A cheap copy though (not that BK is a fave of mine)

For my sense of smell, Jump is fruity-sweet fragrance with good longevity and average silage. For those who like Joop! (original), Lacoste pour homme or Jil Sander Sun. Iím not one of them.

It should be written on the tin: Only for teenagers...
    It lacks the complexity of the other JOOP! scents.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256