Code of Conduct

Default Aedes De Venustas

Well I recently picked up the 'Best of New York' issue of New York magazine. In this years edition 'Aedes' won in the 2005 Editor's Pick in Perfumes. They previously won in 2003 in the Beauty Products category. The link below will show you this years article.

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/...443/index.html

Peace & Safety,

Otto

Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Default Re: Aedes De Venustas

Well, I saw a thread about Aedes and thought I should give my opinion of them...

I last month I ordered a small bottle of Passage D'Enfer from Aedes. I had read a few negative reviews of them, but I decided to give them a shot. Well, I don't know what happened but they never sent my order. I called them about 2 weeks later, and the order had never been shipped. I was bummed.

BUT...

They were VERY good about making it up to me and correcting the situation. They apologized and offered me the LARGE bottle for the same price. I called them on a Monday and got my package on Wednesday! Even though I had to wait, I ended up more than satisfied in my dealing with Aedes. I also got my samples as well. I ended up getting the $110 large bottle for the price of the $75 small bottle, which is a good thing, because I've been wearing this stuff almost 24/7. I just wanted to say something nice about Aedes, because though everybody makes mistakes, they really came through in terms of customer satisfaction, in my situation.

Indie

I've never ordered from the Aedes website because I've never needed to- The shop is located only two blocks from my Uni, and one block from my church! (But I'm not there that often....no, really.....I swear!) The two gentlemen who run it are lovely (as are the two Shih Tzu pups often running around), and very generous wth samples!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Well, I saw a thread about Aedes and thought I should give my opinion of them...

I last month I ordered a small bottle of Passage D'Enfer from Aedes. *I had read a few negative reviews of them, but I decided to give them a shot. *Well, I don't know what happened but they never sent my order. *I called them about 2 weeks later, and the order had never been shipped. *I was bummed.

BUT...

They were VERY good about making it up to me and correcting the situation. *They apologized and offered me the LARGE bottle for the same price. *I called them on a Monday and got my package on Wednesday! *Even though I had to wait, I ended up more than satisfied in my dealing with Aedes. *I also got my samples as well. *I ended up getting the $110 large bottle for the price of the $75 small bottle, which is a good thing, because I've been wearing this stuff almost 24/7. *I just wanted *to say something nice about Aedes, because though everybody makes mistakes, they really came through in terms of customer satisfaction, in my situation.

Indie

yes, people make mistakes and it is what they do when you point it out to them that, for me, determines what kind of business they are. that is not to say that those businesses that dont make mistakes aren't appreciated and patronized by me. but if someone tries to make it up, asks how they can make it right, and then does it, well, i know i wanna keep using them

way to go aedes if you lurk on this board

sam

Quote Originally Posted by MizLiz
    I've never ordered from the Aedes website because I've never needed to- The shop is located only two blocks from my Uni, and one block from my church!
    Well I am glad I do not live where you do cause I would have to get a second job....... *[smiley=happy.gif]

Peace,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by Otto

Well I am glad I do not live where you do cause I would have to get a second job....... *[smiley=happy.gif]

My discovery of Aedes set me on the road to financial ruin once again. It's been so long, I'm overdue a revisit. Were it not for the five pairs of new running shoes I would have sent them an order for Jardin du Nil by now. Soon. It will be soon. Tell Robert I'll be back. I haven't deserted them. Aedes is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

I last month I ordered a small bottle of Passage D'Enfer from Aedes. I had read a few negative reviews of them, but I decided to give them a shot. Well, I don't know what happened but they never sent my order. I called them about 2 weeks later, and the order had never been shipped. I was bummed.

BUT...

They were VERY good about making it up to me and correcting the situation. They apologized and offered me the LARGE bottle for the same price. I called them on a Monday and got my package on Wednesday! Even though I had to wait, I ended up more than satisfied in my dealing with Aedes. I also got my samples as well. I ended up getting the $110 large bottle for the price of the $75 small bottle, which is a good thing, because I've been wearing this stuff almost 24/7. I just wanted to say something nice about Aedes, because though everybody makes mistakes, they really came through in terms of customer satisfaction, in my situation.

Indie
    I've heard good things as well, but I think I always get shafted or have the worst luck. Whenever I hear about LS, Aedes, TPC, etc... is so great, I place an order and get the stuff almost a month later.

I placed an order Sunday afternoon and I was told according to their online order system I should receive an email confirmation shortly. 3 days later, no order or shipping confirmation. Sent an email off to them now seeing what's up.

First time ordering so I'm not sure how soon they ship stuff out after placing an order.

EDIT: I just called them right now instead. I thought they closed but just caught them. The person I spoke to had the thickest and strangest accent in the world (I think it was spanish). I had difficulties understanding what he was saying, so I had to have him repeat a few things. He seemed to get really irritated and somewhat in a rush (closing time and speaking too quick). Anyways, he said it was shipped today, and I should receive a shipping confirmation soon.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 31st July 2008 at 12:57 AM.

Aedes' online system seems kinda borked. I, too, places an order online one Sunday afternoon and they never received. I called and they were more than happy to help me out. They checked everywhere in their system for my order but I ended up placing the order over the phone then.

The gentleman I talked to was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
    I've never ordered from the Aedes website because I've never needed to- The shop is located only two blocks from my Uni, and one block from my church! (But I'm not there that often....no, really.....I swear!) The two gentlemen who run it are lovely (as are the two Shih Tzu pups often running around), and very generous wth samples!
    I don't know why but I was expecting something a Sephora, a fairly big store with all these great fragrances and stuff. Well, was I surprised, Aedes is this small little place, just a storefront shop in the Village, jam packed with stuff. Very nice, but pretty tiny.

MizLiz, you should stop swearing and get back to church! Faith and fragrances go together. Look at all the incense lines!
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 31st July 2008 at 01:19 AM.

I've dealt with Aedes many times. Everyone a first rate transaction. Always via the internet. A couple of monts ago my Wife had a birthday and I ordered her a bottle and in the e-mail I said not to e-mail me back with any shipping confirmation information, and they didn't. Most company's don't even read their e-mail or an automatic system just e-mails you even though you request them not too. Aede's gets many points from me for following my instructions so I could surprise my Wife. Another plus was I paid extra for gift wrap and it was done beautifully.

I don't really shop with Aedes much due to their high shipping charges and they never have coupons. I prefer Beautyhabit (they have great coupons), Luckyscent (I emailed them once and they gave me a great coupon).
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Blog Entries

i haven't dealt with Aedes online, but i'll tell ya that IN PERSON they are superb....Robin is quite a helpful lass...and the store is tiny, but beautifully set out....very artistic and friendly towards the niche sampler customer.

Unhappy Re: Aedes De Venustas

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

BUT...

Indie
    lolz... well guys my uni is a couple of blocks away too, and I have been to the store a couple of times its absolutely delightful but, yes there is a but I ordered GIT from them almost two months ago(in the store payed by buying the gift card) and still haven't received my bottle of the darn stuff. and I call them almost every weekend and its the same story they are out because Creed is out all over America (which I don't know is true). and this was a special order for the 4.0 oz which they were out... all in all I'm extremely pissed at them and I personally think they should be offering me something to show for the wait that I have encountered.

P.S-I'm not bashing them, if it felt like that and love them to death but I feel angry and cheated cause I have to pay the retail price plus the tax and its late by two months... and the funniest thing is I bought this specifically for a wedding I was suppose to go to..... darn the girls missed out of a nice smell...lolz
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    lolz... well guys my uni is a couple of blocks away too, and I have been to the store a couple of times its absolutely delightful but, yes there is a but I ordered GIT from them almost two months ago(in the store payed by buying the gift card) and still haven't received my bottle of the darn stuff. and I call them almost every weekend and its the same story they are out because Creed is out all over America (which I don't know is true). and this was a special order for the 4.0 oz which they were out... all in all I'm extremely pissed at them and I personally think they should be offering me something to show for the wait that I have encountered.

P.S-I'm not bashing them, if it felt like that and love them to death but I feel angry and cheated cause I have to pay the retail price plus the tax and its late by two months... and the funniest thing is I bought this specifically for a wedding I was suppose to go to..... darn the girls missed out of a nice smell...lolz
    if you live in NYC, why are you going to Aedes to buy Creed GIT? Creed stuff is EVERYWHERE......go to Barney's if you need to...

OR if you're really clever, you go to the Perfume district and get it for 1/2 price (33rd and broadway)

Cool Re: Aedes De Venustas

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    if you live in NYC, why are you going to Aedes to buy Creed GIT? Creed stuff is EVERYWHERE......go to Barney's if you need to...

OR if you're really clever, you go to the Perfume district and get it for 1/2 price (33rd and broadway)
    at Barneys I don't feel comfortable cause of the area.... and the perfume district has huge amount of fake stuff.. plus I wanted to get it from Aedes and still do, and actually have payed for it... plus I like the place alot (Aedes) so I haven't said anything but have waited patiently but I just feel like I don't get the loyality award from them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    at Barneys I don't feel comfortable cause of the area.... and the perfume district has huge amount of fake stuff.. plus I wanted to get it from Aedes and still do, and actually have payed for it... plus I like the place alot (Aedes) so I haven't said anything but have waited patiently but I just feel like I don't get the loyality award from them.
    alot of the perfume district places do sell the real deal at 1/2 off....i've had some GREAT purchases from there, and i know that they've been authentic. You can smell the bottle before you buy it there.......and get GREAT deals....

Aedes is a great place....and it's good of you to support them, BUT since they're not providing you with a very common scent (Creed) around here, i suggest you look elsewhere next time....why does Barney's make you uncomfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    alot of the perfume district places do sell the real deal at 1/2 off....i've had some GREAT purchases from there, and i know that they've been authentic. You can smell the bottle before you buy it there.......and get GREAT deals....

Aedes is a great place....and it's good of you to support them, BUT since they're not providing you with a very common scent (Creed) around here, i suggest you look elsewhere next time....why does Barney's make you uncomfortable?
    lolz. Barneys makes me uncomfortable cause of my brown side its something weird can't explain...... but yet I do go to the perfume district a lot but I find that I just don't find the real shit there... I found GIT in the beginning of my search at the district for 35 bucks looked mad really but I didn't buy any Creed or any Niche colognes from the district after I heard that price. I rather pay retail get the really shit be happy, my wierd philosophy I know, case I work in retail at Fordham and I know all about how they get there stuff for such cheap prices so I avoid the headache and don't buy from them anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Another plus was I paid extra for gift wrap and it was done beautifully.
    Their gift wrapping is definitely exquisite.

I've had nothing but good experiences when dealing with Aedes. Fast, courteous and the one time I though the online system had messed up, I sent them an email and the problem was fixed very quickly.

December of 2004 Robert sent me a bottle of Anvers................... Free..........

Retail $80.00 at the time.......

Enclosed was a card......... "Merry Christmas"

There had been a couple of order discrepancies during the course of the year you see, but nothing major or out of the ordinary, just delays etc...

Suffice it to say, the boys at Aedes are pretty much O.K. with me..............
    Last edited by John.com; 31st July 2008 at 05:45 PM.