Code of Conduct

Thread: Trumper's

Default Trumper's

I'm interested in this line, but haven't found much info here.
    What are your thoughts?
    I am considering: Silvester, Wellington, and Eau de Portugal.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Trumper's

Both Silvester & Portugal started out nice, but went a little flat after the top notes wore off. If you are looking for a citrus-wood, I liked GFT much better. I haven't tried the Wellington.

If you e-mail Trumper's in London, they will send you fragrance samples free of charge.
    Rick

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. My name is James, I'm a bespoke tailor and a psychological magician from London, UK. I am a huge fan of fragrance and stumbled on this site purely by accident in the past week. It has just become my favourite site on the Net, lol!

In regards to Wellington, I found it to be very similar to Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet but with a sharper, more citrussy topnote and less pine. It's also slightly longer lasting than BB. It's nice if you like that ducal aristocratic scent of English nobility however it is not what you would call an attention grabber. It's more of background scent and works well as an aftershave freshener.

My favourite in the Trumper's range is definitely Skye.

There is an extremely interesting article in the Basenotes article archive.

I have tried many of the Trumpers line. Very traditional and very English smelling.

I agree with JC, Skye is wonderful. Ajaccio Violets is beautiful but very fleeting. Every scent of theirs that I have tried I have really liked and that totals about 12.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by gruffydd3
    If you e-mail Trumper's in London, they will send you fragrance samples free of charge.
    I don't see where they make this offer on their website? Do you just ask?

Yes, all you need to do is send an email listing the samples that you would like to try and they freshly bottle them for you.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Good to know. I just requested a sample of Eucris. I wonder if they send to the States.

Just received a response from Trumper's. They are sending me samples of their Cologne offerings! I don't know which ones...but maybe a bunch!

Thanks all!

I know and love the citrus/wood of GFT and they also make a fine Bay Rum. The Sandalwood cologne wasn't enough sandalwood for me, I like that note pretty pure and strong! I have also sampled Eau de Quinine and Ajaccio Violets both of which I found to be pleasant but fleeting. Hoping Gavin on this board will see this thread - he is one of the managers at the Curzon St premises (also wrote the fine article on the Basenotes site) and maybe he will have some tips for you. But sounds like you are set with all the samples you are getting! Enjoy.

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

.... Wilson,....
    I very much enjoyeed Bay Rum...
    when I will be in London next month I'm going to purchase it again