Code of Conduct

Default pure sandalwood oil....

is sooooo nice....1 drop is all you need....kinda smells like my beloved santal noble without the fecal note. US $10.00 for 1/2 ounce.......good stuff.

~kern~

Default Re: pure sandalwood oil....

Kernman,

Which brand do you use? 1/2 ounce for $10.00 is a terrific price. I find
    *Tisserand Sandalwood Essential Oil* to be of exceptional quality. The Tisserand costs about $35.00 for a 1/3 ounce. It's not cheap, but, as you mentioned, a drop does goes a long way.

[blue]scentemental
    [/blue]

scent.....I picked this up from a local "scented lotion shop"...she sales all her Essential oils for this price....and she has well over a hundred in stock.....I like to put a drop on a sweater or a drop in the car....makes it smell great for weeks....also good for a lamp ring.

~kern~

And....I got the sandalwood because it seems to be in the basenotes of my favorite frags.....do any of you use other masculine essential oils???

~kern~

Quote Originally Posted by kernman
    And....I got the sandalwood because it seems to be in the basenotes of my favorite frags.....do any of you use other masculine essential oils???<br><br><br><br>&lt ;br>~kern~
    I have cypress, oakmoss, atlas cedar, viriginia cedar as well as sandlawood. I think sandalwood is the only one you can use pure. Oakmoss might work too if it weren't so darn sticky. Maybe a 25% solution in DPG might work.

I love oakmoss and have been thinking about getting an oil. But i have one question,should i get a perfume oil or the essential oil. I want something thats longlasting (all day). Also,what brands do you recommend.
    Thanks alot.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of straight sandalwood oil. I'm very partial to CM Sandalwood. However, I like Frankincence EO.

I have benzoin and oakmoss. Oakmoss's duration is phenomenal, but the stuff is something like "rubber cement" when heated up (I just use hot water on the container), and even then it needed some serious dilution with grain alcohol to be usable. I had (and still might have) an eyedropper devoted to Oakmoss because it permanently marks up the eyedropper, even when diluted.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

For what it's worth, Sandalwood oil from the Body Shop is an amazing scent and is exceptionally complex for a single note fragrance. I bought some in 1989 and I remember the headiness it imparted on that particular summer. I still have the bottle. It lasts forever. Incredible stuff and if you can get it, do.