Code of Conduct

Default Just made my first ever blind purchase..

Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros Body M 50ml Eau de Toilette Spray £ 14.99
    Ralph Lauren - Polo Sport Extreme M 100ml Eau de Toilette Spray £ 9.99

Heard good things about BK so thatās self-explanatory, Canāt wait to smell it. But Im not to sure what the Ralph Lauren is like but £10 for 100ml (Even though itās got no box)

Have I purchased wisely? Oh great ones

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just made my first ever blind purchase..

I have both of them. I like BK alot. It is a great scent if you apply correctly. (I wrote something about it a couple of days ago). If you overdo it, it becomes really cloying.

For RL, I like it. It will suffocate you ( for it is strong in black pepper) if you overapply. But you can hardly go wrong for that price. (Unless you buy Caron PuH of course).

As always YMMV.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my boorish manners :-[

Welcome to the club. You will soon realize that you have just found a great way to learn about fragrance and get your bank account hammered. ;D
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board!

I think BK is an excellent choice, one of my favourite YSL scents.
    I like Polo Sport, too. I can wear it again, the days when everybody wore seem to be over. I haven't tried the extreme version, because it's not available anymore here, but for this price, it's got to be good(unless you get a bad bottle, but let's hope it's a good one).

Have fun and keep on postin' :-)

body kouros, a very sexy incensce fragrance. very good choice. I hope you won't be disappointed.

Polo Sport Extreme has nothing in common with the original Polo sport. I wonder why it was marketed as a sport scent also.
    It's a woody,peppery, musky fragrance. Not bad at all. The only problem I had with it was the stayingpower I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Polo Sport Extreme last year in summer and loved it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Very peppery and sporty as well. Someone once wrote it's similar to Azzaro's Visit.

I agree they have something in common. Maybe it can be compared with various "normal" Vetivers and Route du Vetiver. Polo Sport Extreme is a Tour de Force!!

[smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

If you're new to scents, you may find Body Kouros a bit hard to take at first, and it took me a while to warm to it. To me, it's not one I'd wear to the office, but it's more as night time, going out type scent.

The peppery Polo Sport Extreme I like, and it was fine for several years. But lately I seem to be sneezing a bit when I wear it.
    Renato

I have found Body Kouros has really become my most liked fragrance. It just reallu suits me.
    I have others such as A*Men and M7 that are a very close second, but all I can say is the ladies love it on me and I love it myself. What more can you ask for.

BK is really nice but Polo sport gives me the biggest headache and is really overbearing in my opinion so I would hate to smell the extreme version.

JP

Post Thanks / Like

2 Excellent choices. BK is a modern classic, semi gourmandish with a fresh eucalyptus thing and instantly recognizeable. Extreme Polo Sport is one of the most underrated frags out there IMHO. It has a lot of fans here though as you can seee, Indie Guy and I love it also.

Nice buying, and welcome
    MMM

Post Thanks / Like

Two great choices. BK is totally differnet from the other Kouros scents. People who dislike Kouros frequently like Body Kouros. Apparently it has less of the "urinal cake" note. [smiley=huh.gif] I haven't received many compliments on it, but I don't care. It's a great scent. I dislike the bottle, however; it's difficult to see how much is left inside the bottle.

Polo Sport Extreme is a hidden gem. I can't believe it's discontinued. I have a bottle, which I use sparingly. My favorite local fragrance store has a slew of them on sale, and I'm very tempted to buy a few more for hoarding in the back of my closet. [smiley=embarassed.gif] The scent starts out with a BLAST of pure black pepper, then dries down into something in the fresh/clean mode. I highly recommend this one, but like others have said, the longevity is iffy.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)