Code of Conduct

Default using shower gel/aftershave increase longetivity?

I made a thread asking about the longetivity of Bulgari Blu because I like it so much but was worried about how long it lasts. So I ended up buying the cologne/showergel/aftershave set. But does using a fragrance's respective shower gel and/or aftershave help maintain the scent longer at all?

Also, this is kind of off topic, but how long do more generic shower gels like Suave or whatever last on their own?

Default Re: using shower gel/aftershave increase longetivi

in short, not enough to warrant paying the prices that they ask for them. they will help a little bit, but don't expect a short lived scent to all of a sudden turn into an all day affair. i'd recommend getting roll on bottles and reappplying....that's what i do. though i will say that some scents, m7 and burberry touch being at the forefront, i prefer in the shower gel forms. they accentuate different notes. m7 is much drier and woodier in the shower gel.

The answer is either no, or just barely. Aftershaves, shower gels and deodorants always last less long than the original EDT.

But there have been some threads along the lines of applying moisturisers where you spray the EDT, such that the oils or moisturisers stop some people's destructive skins from destroying the EDT too early.

I've found with my weak EDTs that I get more longevity out of them by applying a second spray exactly over the first one, after a minute or so.
    Renato

Are there any oils/moisturisers recommended for such use? Preferably non-scented ones?

Quote Originally Posted by fat_elvis
    Are there any oils/moisturisers recommended for such use? Preferably non-scented ones?
    I like the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion and the Neutrogena Body Oil. Both work well, especially if applied out of the shower before completely drying off. In winter, my skin gets really dry and these both work really well for me. I've never experimented to see if they really make a difference with duration, but I think they can't hurt. I also use Kiehl's Unscented shower gel which contains olive oil and others have said helps with their fragrance. Your mileage may vary.

I can't say I note any increase in duration. Deodorant probably has more of an effect, but I usually just use unscented Mitchum.

The only time I got matching aftershave/gel was when there was a good sale at TJ Maxx and I happen to want the underlying fragrance, or when someone gives it to me as a gift.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio