Code of Conduct

Default Help me! (Trussardi & Antaeus again...)

Hello Guys!

Allow me to bother you again... ;D
    Well, recently I bought a 100ml bottle of Antaeus and I really love it!! I'm fascinated by its dark sweetness! A subtle and manly scent without a doubt...
    Now I'm back to the season of blind buys and my next target is Trussardi Uomo! Well, I tested Bel Ami and hated it!!!
    So, Is Trussardi Uomo more similar to Bel Ami or to Antaeus?

Thanks

Default Re: Help me! (Trussardi & Antaeus again...)

Not really. Trussardi is subtle and hides on your skin. Nothing like Antaeus, and nothing spicy like Bel Ami either. For these reasons Trussardi was a disappointment to me.

I think it will pale in comparison to the beautiful Antaeus.

Then again I'm someone who likes Bel Ami.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

TRUSSARDI UOMO...SUBTLE ? Oooh my God! DustB...you surprise me! RCavs... "Pay NOoo attention to that man behind the curtain! lol TRUSSARDI UOMO is a FANTASTIC fragrance (IMHO) and SUBTLE is NOT a word that should be used in the same sentence with TRUSSARDI UOMO! (at least at the opening). ╩While I very much enjoyed ANTEAUS...it had NO staying power whatsoever (at least on me) compared to ╩TRUSSARDI UOMO which lasts a long time! ╩Give it a try...IF you can find it!

Regards,

SixCats! ╩

Hey RCavs! Love all three!

Well, I'm right with my good buddy Chris on the Antaeus. To me, both Trussardi and Bel Ami pale in comparison to it. However, I do love Trussardi quite a bit.. Such an amazing classic - I'd argue timeless too - but I'll get back to that in a moment. I prefer Trussardi over Bel Ami I think simply because of versatility. Bel Ami whilst a rich, spicy, insensy, leathery brew, with a burning leaves / fall type charm, only has (IMO) specific times of use that are appropriate. A fall day with a sweater, walking about, casual - or winter by the fire with old friends or bare chested with a nice little lady (maybe bare chested too) right there with you. um, ok. Trussardi being timeless - the other day I was at a consumer electronics store with my brother - he was wearing this great cologne - light, woody, not very rich, but nothing was lacking in its accord - light but full, masculine but not OTT, definitely not cheap smelling - I asked, what the heck is that?? Trussardi he says - aftershave and edt! I was shocked (well not really, but somewhat surprised), where did that deep leather go when you whiff it up close? two fantastic scents in one - the woody trails were modern, timeless! it's an all around pleasure IMO. Lastly, women *love* trussardi, and I'm not talking about little old bitties either. 27-30 year old women love the stuff - women in their 40s, um, maybe even old bitties too. But at the end of the day, Antaeus still remains the best I think.

I hope Trussardi isn't similar at all to Bel Ami...
    Bel Ami is garbage, in my opinion! >
    My girlfriend asked me if I had bathed in those medicinal oils... :-X
    I'll kill myself if trussardi smells like Bel Ami... (after spending so much money) :'(

I'm indifferent to Trussardi--I was disappointed after a lot of hype, but in the end, it's not like it's horrible. I just think there are better alternatives (Van Cleef and Arpels for instance). Plus, I can't stand how cheap the bottle is. It looks good in pics, but when it arrived, its plastic snakeskin shell felt the sort of loneliness that can only be cured by accompanying it with a Pink Flamingo... Out in the front yard... Next to the cynder blocks... Holding the house up off the ground.
    The Bark Bites Back.

RCavs-
    To me Trussardi Uomo (not L'Uomo Trussardi - those are different beasts) is rather like Van Cleef & Arpels. I think Trussardi Uomo is much less linear, and you're probably less apt to become bored with the scent than the VC&A. ╩If you like roses, I think you'll like Trussardi Uomo.

I'll have to say that when I first got Trussardi Uomo, I found it to be like Quorum. Now I find it is like VC&A. I'm not sure the scent is suitable to a rather hot climate, but I forget where you are in Brazil. I like it.

Quite frankly I find Trussardi Uomo to be a different beast from Antaeus and Bel Ami.

I think this comes from how the scents are attempting to portray "leather." In Bel Ami the "leather" is a durable resinous-cumin-spice scent. Antaeus seems to be a subtle herbal concoction. Trussardi Uomo seems to be the pungeant type of "leather", as you might find in Cuiron, Z-14, and Quorum.

BTW: I love Antaeus, I think it is a must have. On me it is great during the summer.
    ╩ K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

That's it... I bought a 100ml Bottle of Trussardi Uomo.
    If It's half of what Antaeus is, It'll be welcome! ;D

EX...CEL...ENT!

RCavs...I hope you enjoy TRUSSARDI UOMO as much as I do! Just...give it a chance. If (after all this build up) you are disappointed...put it aside for a week (or two) then try it again! After reading this thread this morning...TU was my SOTD today! Good stuff! Let us know what you think when you try it!

Regards,

SixCats!

Thank you very much, Six!!
    When TU arrives, I'll let you know!!

Regards,
    Renato