Code of Conduct

Thread: amouage

Default amouage

thanks to the posting, i was able to try these scents.

gold: this is what i had thought a floral/rose scent was and should be. very, very bright. very unlike voluer de roses. may need to taper off a bit before i would wear it, but very classy. if u like shaving with trumper rose, this would be a delight to have

dia: the first hit on this is not nice. needs some time to settle, but this aint cutting it for me.

silver smelt great in the tube. not an atomizer like the others. this is one i am gonna wear tomorrow

sam

Default Re: amouage

I just got these yesterday. Did you get the Ciel as well?

I thought the Gold was terrible. Eh. To each his own. The Ciel was pretty interesting, very floral, almost too much. The Dia is a bit of a disappointment, after the hype in that one thread. Maybe it's just too 'sophisticated' for me. It's certainly not terrible, though. I'd wear it if I had to. The Silver, I just don't get.....I'm going to have to try it some more.

They also sent me women's frag samples, and I think I'm more impressed with those actually.

silver will soon be in your top 10 ;D ;D.

~kern~

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
    I just got these yesterday.  Did you get the Ciel as well?

I thought the Gold was terrible.  Eh.  To each his own.  The Ciel was pretty interesting, very floral, almost too much.  The Dia is a bit of a disappointment, after the hype in that one thread.  Maybe it's just too 'sophisticated' for me.  It's certainly not terrible, though.  I'd wear it if I had to.  The Silver, I just don't get.....I'm going to have to try it some more.

They also sent me women's frag samples, and I think I'm more impressed with those actually.
    I actually really enjoy the Women's Dia and Ciel....Also, if one thinks the Mens Gold Cristal is good but too strong...try the womens version...it is A LOT more tolerable.

Oh, SILVER IS KING....Don't fight it.  ;D

dia has tried down after 4 hours and it is nice, real nice. still deciding if it is special enough to buy, but this is one that i am glad i have had the pleasure to sample. if my wife ends up wanting some female amouage, i may get me a bottle on a whim, i dunno. i first thought maybe it was the same juice, just different packaging. dia would work anytime, but gold seems to want to be a very formal, here i am, loud scent

i will try silver tomorrow. seems more guys like it universally

sam