Code of Conduct

Default One by Hannes B.

Luca Turin wrote about this scent describing it as unusual vetiver cologne. It was in some German newspaper where he publish his articles.

Does anybody smell this? Any info (bottle, juice, price) from European Basenoters is welcomed!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: One by Hannes B.

Hey moon_fish

I just notice that my reply to this (on or shortly after Mar 11) has in fact not been posted. Very sorry about this. After reading and studying the site for months, I felt I had something to contribute maybe. Being 'newby', and constantly fighting the PC, I may have made a mistake transmitting my first message ever. Also maybe the transmission failure occured at the receiving end. I will try and recuperate the original posting later today.

Yesterday I may have met Hannes B. in person and he zipped a freshly sprayed little card into a plastic bag, gave me an envelope so I could mail that to you.

It was my first visit to this excellent address (Center of Zurich) and turned out to be a rather pleasant <rencontre>.

Now I am the last person to be asked for an opinion on vetivers: I have a problem with any vetiver, probably from bathing in it in my youthful days.As a result, I am very vulnerable to the stuff, if I detect it. That is why Carven does me no good and from L. Malles Box of minitures: the Vetiver extrao means very little (its predominat mint oil makes it fresher but I use mint oil against a cold, basta. Neither Carvens nor Malles Vetivers can serve to describe HB.

My judgement - from my small vetiver horizon: HannesB seems comparable in class to Guerlains. Maybe less sweet than Guerlain but very pleasant and elegant. I would prefer HB to the others. It has vitality and character. A small bottle or a tester I might even (carefully) try myself - alas, they seem to have 100 ml bottles only.

Forgot to ask for the price, bum! Give me your address if you are interested and I shall mail the card asap.

Narcus

Switzerland

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: One by Hannes B.

Thank you, Narkus!!!
    That`s the very first info about that almost unknown scent!
    Did you detect any other notes in it??
    What is Hannes B. main business? Could you describe his boutique and his essence?
    It is very interesting for me either!

I`ll IM you my postal address right now.
    Vetiver The Great!!!