Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain new "old" Boutique

Guerlain unveils preliminary details of flagship Boutique renovation - 11/03/05

Source: ©The Moodie Report
    By Rebecca Mann

FRANCE. As previously reported (The Moodie Report.com, 19 January) Guerlain will re-open its renovated Paris Boutique, at 68 Avenue des Champs-Elysˇes, at the end of May.

The new ćMaison Guerlainä http://www.moodiereport.com/images/G...PS_ELYSEES.jpg will incorporate over 600sq m devoted to beauty, and include a two-level boutique and a beauty institute. The comprehensive revamp is being overseen by architect Maxime dāAngeac and designer Andrˇe Putnam.

The facility will provide a showcase for Guerlainās classic fragrance, skincare and make-up lines, and will also carry a selection of exclusive items.

The new Maison Guerlain will feature a number of key themes, relating to the past, the present and the future.

For example, from now on the brand plans to reissue one fragrance a year in a limited, numbered ćheritageä edition. The first will be a his-and-her duo: Le Mouchoir de Monsieur and La Voilette de Madame (pictured below).
    http://www.moodiereport.com/images/M...T_VOILETTE.jpg

Created in 1904 by nose Jacques Guerlain, the updated versions will be presented in the original snail-design Escargot flacon and box, replicated from the original drawings.

In addition, boutique clients will have the opportunity to tour a century of fragrance creativity, with scents displayed in their own ćstage setä.

Other landmark fragrances will also be resurrected this spring, namely Quand Vient lāEtˇ, Metalys (originally Metallica), Liu, Philtre dāAmour, Derby, Guerlinade, Attrape-Coeur (originally Guet Apens), Purple Fantasy and Chant dāAr™mes.

Moreover, the Maison Guerlain will offer a personalised fragrance service. Clients can commission their own customised scent, or choose one fragrance from the companyās Private Collection, which then becomes exclusively theirs. Personalised bottles will also be available.

To celebrate the opening, Jean-Paul Guerlain has created a new fragrance, called Plus que Jamais Guerlain (pictured above). A numbered imited edition, the extract version will be presented in a 500ml Baccarat crystal flacon. A 60ml edp will also be available, complete with retro atomiser.

http://www.moodiereport.com/images/PLUS_QUE_JAMAIS.jpg

Other novelties include a trio of scents which represent what the company describes as three new ćolfactory territoriesä (pictured below); an alcohol-free Baby Guerlain collection; and fragrances for the home.

http://www.moodiereport.com/images/NEW_TERRITOIRES.jpg

On the treatment front, the Institut de Guerlain will offer a wide range of options ÷ and for the first time, male clients will be admitted.

There will be a private booth for VIP visits; adjoining booths that can be converted for shared treatments; and two booths for water treatments.

The dˇcor will feature modern furniture and a colour palette of white and natural shades, for maximum luxury and serenity.

Sorry if this has been posted before:-)
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Default Re: Guerlain new "old" Boutique

Thank you very much for posting this.. there have been vague rumours before.. but i haven«t seen anything as detailed as this I am looking very much forward to this

Many thanks for the good news, Nqth!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

OMG! Derby is back!

I never smelled Quand Vient l'Etˇ and also very curious about Plus que Jamais Guerlain.

Yvan

So they're going to re-release Mouchoir de Monsieur? I wonder if you can buy the men's bottle separately from the women's, how expensive those bottles will be, and why they couldn't have done a more general re-release of Mouchoir that might be more affordable. Anyone have any ideas?

Overcome By Fumes

This is indeed very interesting. I believe the scent a year re-release policy was in effect for the boutiques in Paris already; I was offered some unusual ones with limited availability when I was there last June. Mouchoir de Monsieur was available and still is, to my knowledge, in Paris and London. What is frustrating is the lack of availability of many of these here in the U.S. It appears that Habit Rouge edt is no longer on shelves in the U.S., and we will probably not get access to the Habit Rouge edp or Eau Legere either. The Vetiver Frozen also never made it to the States either. Perhaps an annual pilgrimage to Guerlain will be necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
    So they're going to re-release Mouchoir de Monsieur? ŹI wonder if you can buy the men's bottle separately from the women's, how expensive those bottles will be, and why they couldn't have done a more general re-release of Mouchoir that might be more affordable. ŹAnyone have any ideas?
    Mouchoir de Monsieur is still available in the 100ml spray "bee" bottle at a reasonable price. Any Guerlain counter can order it for you.

You are welcome Lille_my,Tig:-)

I am very very curious about the new composition by JP Guerlain. Hope that it will show the arts of perfumes :-). Re-creation of the old, vintage Guerlains is wonderful news, but they are more of "luxury goods" than "arts of creating", imo:-)
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Mouchoir de Monsieur is still available in the 100ml spray "bee" bottle at a reasonable price. Any Guerlain counter can order it for you.
    Cool cedric...do you happen to know what average price the counters charge for that 100ml bottle? Just wondering if it would be the same, less or more than they charge online.

Default Re: Guerlain new 'old' Boutique

In the UK, the 100ml Mouchoir de Monsieur costs about £50.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I've said this before, but going to Paris to the Guerlain boutique is just a fantastic experience. When out and about, to smell a Guerlain fragrance in the Parisian air is just heaven for me.

I'm really looking forward to the re-editions of the classics of the past.

If I were limited to being able to wear scents from one house only, there are many worse things than it being Guerlain.

Quote Originally Posted by little_squirt
    If I were limited to being able to wear scents from one house only, there are many worse things than it being Guerlain.
    HERE HERE!

;D

Ok, I'm salivating. That is the Mouchoir de Monsieur *extract*, the way it's supposed to smell. I mean it's so old that was the only concentration around.

And Liu! I haven't smelled that since I was a child. I really look forward to revisit.

Customized perfumes? Way over my budget, but the thought of your own, personal Guerlain! The mind boggles.

And Derby! Derby!

I`m happy that I tried Quand Vient lāEtˇ.
    That`s very tender and live flowery scent.
    It`s true essence of flower garden.
    I like it a lot, but would wear it for me only - as it`s not on the man road.

Derby - that`s good news! (Even though I have it and wear in a mood of clove-leather combo)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Thanks for the info nqth. This is very exciting news.
    Gary