Code of Conduct

Default Any thoughts on Eau Pure by Caron?

I was in a fragrance shop that specializes in rarer fragrances earlier today, still looking for a good versatile warmer weather fragrance, and one that I tried was Eau Pure. I found it really interesting. But I look it up on the net and find that it's a "unisex" sex. Now I know that before I knew that I seemed to really like it, but I'm just turned off by the idea of wearing a fragrance that could be worn by a girl.

So....any thoughts? I also tried Davidoff Good Life. Any thoughts on that as well? I find that one... interesting. I think I like it, and I like its uniqueness. But it is a bit strange, and I'm aware of its reputation here and don't want to wear something that might offend a lot of people who come into contact with me. Also, I saw a post on here from I think late last year where someone said they bought it at Sears for 9.99. Anyone know what that's about?

Default Re: Any thoughts on Eau Pure by Caron?

I'd say go back and get it man, forget it. Caron is of fantastic quality, their scents are all completely unique - designer houses copy them, and you just get an amazing scent for the price. This unisex business; whatever... NOBODY wears Caron anything, who would know, be unique, who cares - it smells awesome. Goodlife stinks. Get Caron, it's class. My $0.02.

Well I wasn't thinking about it when I smelled it, but I'd like to smell it again with the unisex thing in mind. Do you (or anyone else) think it could be mistaken for a perfume? That's one of the main things keeping me from getting it. That.....and his $68 price tag. Others I'm considering are Le Roy Soliel, Laguna, and Rochas Aquaman (I've only yet tried the latter). And yeah, I know the Aquaman and Pure don't really smell alike.

Mistaken for a ladies perfume? no, absolutely not IMO. Also IMO, I'd still rank Pure well above all those other ones you mention.. You'd grow to love it, I'm sure of that, its a top quality scent. But of course this is all very subjective since its all my opinion. 8)

Hmm, alright then. How is its longetivity?

And any other opinions?

Yes.

The line between "feminine" and "masculine" scents has long been obliterated, particularly with high end scents such as Caron.

I've found very few B'noters who worry about that kind of stuff anymore.

If it smells good to you,wear it.

What's your hangup about wearing a "girl's" perfume?

I just don't want to wear something that's too feminine, that's all. Sometimes I can't tell if I like something just because it's a pleasant scent, or because I'm attracted to its femininity, if you know what I mean. I got a cotton-ball-in-a-ziplock-bag sample of it and just tried it on my skin, and I do think I like it. It's light, quite interesting, and it's one of those fragrances where I couldn't imagine anyone being offended by it (unlike, say, the Good Life ).

Now all that concerns me is the price and the longetivity. So does anyone have any thoughts on how long this stuff lasts? I'm looking for kind of an all-day frag....something I can put on in the morning and it'll last me through the afternoon.

just smelled my wrist again.....man, I do like this stuff...

I have Eaux De Caron Pure and I like it.
    Not the most original perfume in the world but very pleasant and very subtle. Not to mention that you can easily get it on ebay dirt cheap.
    It's not feminine, at least not any more feminine than Polo Blue, L'Eau Par Kenzo, ūLanvin PH or Bvlgari PH. The longevity is indeed an issue, it does not project at all and there's no sillage whatsoever, but it lingers to your skin and stays there for hours. Just in the last week I got quite a couple of compliments, one from a girl who wouldn't let go unless I told her what it was and another from a guy who snuggled up and said that I smelled "very clean, like just out of the shower". It's faint, but apparently noticeable to other people even when you yourself cannot detect it.

I really appreciate that quality in perfumes, by the way, much more than powerful sillage that knocks out everyone within a mile from you.

cheer,
    maksidrom

Thanks for the response
    The longevity is indeed an issue, it does not project at all and there's no sillage whatsoever, but it lingers to your skin and stays there for hours.
    So is longetivity really an issue if it lasts for 'hours'? I'm more concerned about longetivity than sillage.
    Or maybe I read it wrong....I usually read "issue" with a negative connotation.

I can smell it if I bury my nose into the (very sparse) hairs of my arm 8 hours after I first sprayed it. In my universe that counts for decent longevity, because soap and shampoo fades away after just one hour. I seriously doubt that your average basenotes member would be willing to sniff the said arm hair in order to detect the fragrance therefore it would probably be considered as non-existent otherwise.

Irony aside, it's detectable at close contact quite a few hours after application. For me that's good enough (I want my cologne to complement me, not the other way around), for other's it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis View Post
    I was in a fragrance shop that specializes in rarer fragrances earlier today, still looking for a good versatile warmer weather fragrance, and one that I tried was Eau Pure. I found it really interesting. But I look it up on the net and find that it's a "unisex" sex. Now I know that before I knew that I seemed to really like it, but I'm just turned off by the idea of wearing a fragrance that could be worn by a girl.
    [B]Fat-Elvis:
    Your concern about wearing a cologne that might also be worn by the opposite sex seems widespread in the States. While there are many fragrances made to go appropriate solely with testosterone (and vice versa), I am against the idea of some perfumes being feminine or masculine-only. If you like the scent and feel confident about yourself, why not to try something different that sets you apart from the mainstream crowd? Especially in your case, you stated that you find Eaux de Caron Pure very interesting and seemed to like it until you discover it was a unisex scent. Beauty is the same for both men and women.

Basenotes Institution

If you like it, wear it proudly.