Code of Conduct

Default Re: Finally Found a Signature Scent!

Sorry for interrupting but I think he's referring to this one...
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122326.html

AMOUAGE RULES!

Don't apologize. I did a search and it didn't come up with the Dia, but whatever.

I'll look into this one...

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent
    For someone who has nearly 100 bottles of cologne, I never believed I would find one for which I would trade in all the others... and I have.

After reading about Amouage on this board, I sent for the samples.  While I liked both Gold and Silver, I absolutely fell in love with Amouage Dia for Men.  This is the smoothest, most sublime essence I've ever come across.  It smells rich and sophisticated.  It can be worn to the office without fear of overpowering, and also for an evening out.  Just when I think I can't smell it any more, another note wafts up at me and makes me smile.  No cologne has ever given me such pleasure.  And there is nothing I own that smells like it.  Only the wonderful Patou pour Homme and Patou Prive come close.  It is expensive, of course, but how can you put a price on euphoria?  

I was reading a post on POL about saving your finest colognes for special occasions.  Now that I have discovered Amouage Dia, it is going to become my signature scent.  I've decided I am not going to save it.  I'm going to wear it often and let others enjoy it as much as I do.  Life is way too short!  I can't recommend Dia highly enough. :

Jim
    I am very happy for you...I think I am partial to Silver Cristal, w/ Silver Cologne a close second.
    Dia is superb....I really think all of them are VERY nice with the exception of Gold Cristal.

Default Finally Found a Signature Scent!

For someone who has nearly 100 bottles of cologne, I never believed I would find one for which I would trade in all the others... and I have.

After reading about Amouage on this board, I sent for the samples. While I liked both Gold and Silver, I absolutely fell in love with Amouage Dia for Men. This is the smoothest, most sublime essence I've ever come across. It smells rich and sophisticated. It can be worn to the office without fear of overpowering, and also for an evening out. Just when I think I can't smell it any more, another note wafts up at me and makes me smile. No cologne has ever given me such pleasure. And there is nothing I own that smells like it. Only the wonderful Patou pour Homme and Patou Prive come close. It is expensive, of course, but how can you put a price on euphoria?

I was reading a post on POL about saving your finest colognes for special occasions. Now that I have discovered Amouage Dia, it is going to become my signature scent. I've decided I am not going to save it. I'm going to wear it often and let others enjoy it as much as I do. Life is way too short! I can't recommend Dia highly enough. :

Jim

I've owned Dia for a couple months now and I agree 100 %. Absolutely the most classy and sophisticated fragrance I've ever experienced. I was a little apprehensive, at first, spending that much ($215 at ParfumsRaffy) but I feel it's worth every penny.

My only 2 concerns are the lasting power and the price. It doesn't last very long on me but I've only had it a few months... which means I've only used it in the winter. I'm hoping it will have better lasting power in the warmer weather. So, that leads me to my other concern. Price. If it does become my signature scent also, that's over $200 a shot for a 1.7 oz bottle. That can run into big $$$$ over the course of a year.

Anyway, congrats on your discovery. I tried the Amouage Men's Silver Cologne and thought it was OK, but nothing near Dia, to my nose.

Now you've got me curious about Patou ...

Oh well, here we go again! : :

Now this may sound quite rude, but is anyone able to spare just a little sample of any Amouage scents.

I have heard so much yet am short of the $$$ and it is not really available here. I am really eager to see what the fuss is about.

Are you talking about this one?
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120096.html

If you want samples, go to amouage.com and contact them by email and ask them for samples. I did this and they sent me 9 samples total, 5 womens and 4 mens. They don't send Silver Cristal for men or Silver for women since these are discontinued.

My favorite so far is Silver Cristal which I have a whole bottle of. I sent my samples to someone else and now regret not trying Dia more.
    If anyone has a bottle of Dia, I'll trade you a 1/3 oz decant of Silver Cristal for 1/3 of Dia. Message me if interested.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Here's the email address I used to get samples:

america@Amouage.com

Seems that you can get the samples at this link
    http://www.amouage.com/englishweb/amouage/samples.asp

You can get either all 8 for both genders or 4 of either gender.

Pricey samples, but it sure looks nice.

ParfumsRaffy.com also sells 3 Amouage Men's samples (Gold, Ciel, and Dia) for $20.

That's how I got started on them ...

Quote Originally Posted by mswanson
    Seems that you can get the samples at this link
    http://www.amouage.com/englishweb/amouage/samples.asp

You can get either all 8 for both genders or 4 of either gender.

Pricey samples, but it sure looks nice.

The samples they sent me were free
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells

The samples they sent me were free
    How did you get them for free?

email the address someone just wrote above. I think america@amouage.com or go to amouage.com and email the address they have in their contact info
    Tell them you're interesting in buying one of their fragrances but they don't sell them anywhere near you so you want to try samples of all the men's and women's fragrances. I did this and they sent me a package in the mail a week later without even replying to my email I just got this package from New Jersey that didn't say Amouage on the envelope but was loaded with samples and literature and an order form.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
    How did you get them for free?

Thanks! Just sent a nice email requesting some samples and my address in the sig.

You know what, I sent an email to amouage a while ago saying I wanted to purchase on of there scents but they didn't have a local store that carried it. They then returned my email saying to drive like across the broader to this one place that carried it.

I hope this is of some interest to someone and that she doesn't mind....

The USA relations manager is Margaret.

1-800-353-6462
    amouage_margaretNO_SPAM@hotmail.com

Remove the NO_SPAM

Oh man, now she's probably going to wonder why there's a surge in requests for samples all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    You know what, I sent an email to amouage a while ago saying I wanted to purchase on of there scents but they didn't have a local store that carried it. They then returned my email saying to drive like across the broader to this one place that carried it.

I wonder if this is because there seems to sometimes be a problem shipping scent to Canada?
    I literally had the sample package (for free) 1 1/2 days after I sent the e-mail but I am in NE PA, quite close to their headquarters.
    Sending these samples for free likely pays off for them because most here have purchased full bottles after sampling these amazing scents.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Check this place out for CA. I think it's in Vancouver, BC

https://www.securewebexchange.com/th...px?houseID=646