Code of Conduct

Default Gucci envy: any fragrance similar?

Hello folks!
    Time to buy blind again: Found Envy at ebay really cheap and need fast help!
    Any fragrance similar to this one?! :

Default Re: Gucci envy: any fragrance similar?

Get it, it is excellent. Floris Santal is very close if you can try that one. Trust me on this one it«s really up your alley with masculine spicy, classic scents-good stuff.

MMM

Can't think of anything similar, but I agree you should take the plunge. Forcefully masculine yet very sensual. Too bad I'm allergic too it. :'(

Read the name. It's just that good. Sweet, woody and all around pleasent. Get the Gucci.

Agreed. A "can't miss." Get it; you won't regret it.

I find both Must de Cartier and L'Essence de Must de Cartier somewhat similar to Gucci Envy. However, they are sufficiently different to warrant having both. In my book they are both exceptional.

Jeff

its a very sweet greeny scent mixed with wood!

I am one among several people who have previously pointed out that Envy is VERY similar to L'Occitane's Vetiver, especially in the drydown phase. Basically, Vetiver smells to me like Envy with a little vetiver added to the top notes. Since I not only like Envy better, but it is also both cheaper and longer lasting than the L'Occitane, I would definitely go for it!

Yvan

Mmm...maybe I'll make it my SOTD! I think Envy stands for Ethereally Nuanced, Very Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I am one among several people who have previously pointed out that Envy is VERY similar to L'Occitane's Vetiver, especially in the drydown phase. Basically, Vetiver smells to me like Envy with a little vetiver added to the top notes. Since I not only like Envy better, but it is also both cheaper and longer lasting than the L'Occitane, I would definitely go for it!
    You're right- I never made the connection, but it's true. Envy and L'Occitane Vetiver are reminiscent of each other in some ways.

A fragrance I think is a dead ringer for Envy is J.P. Dupont Signature (I think the initials are J.D.). The bottle looks like a little inkwell. I got it cheap at Marshalls. Just like Envy with a bit more cinnamon and vanilla. It reminds me of Life cereal, just a tad. Not bad for the price.

YES!!!!! I'm so happy someone finally agrees with me on the L'Occitane Vetiver and Envy connection. I noticed the same thing a long time ago when I first bought the L'Occitane. After a 1-2 hour drydown they smell incredibly similar. As someone mentioned at the start of the thread, Floris Santal also smells VERY close to Envy. No one I know can smell the difference between them. (That said, I think the Floris Santal has less sillage and longevity, but a more "refined" scent.)

BUY THE GUCCI ENVY. It's excellent--one of my few must-haves.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Floris Santal is a less loud, more sandlewoody, version of Envy. (Or Envy is a louder version of Santal).
    Renato

I have always thought that Gucci Rush was very close to Envy - never understood why they made these 2 so similar..........

Mic.

I find Azzaro Visit pour homme very close to envy, maybe because of the ylang-ylang that is present in both.