Code of Conduct

Default FINALLY - I tried/bought Brit for Men

Don't know why it has not been released in my country (yet) but on my way home from London I finally got it and I must say that I am VERY impressed.

If a scent should have the name "Allure" it should have been this one and not Chanel's release. I have NEVER smelled myself so much before - just couldn't stop myself from bringing my wrists to my nose all day.

It is a mix of a lot of sharp notes mellowed down with a little sweetness and some anise. The sharp notes are - to my nose - similar to the ones in CK Contratiction. Difference is though that Brit lasts and lasts!

Fantastic stuff!

Mic.

Default Re: FINALLY - I tried/bought Brit for Men

The showergel is great too! I've got it on my swaplist,but not because I don't like it. I just got two bottles and I'll be happy if I finish one. But still a good one. A bit sweet maybe.

Serpent

"A little sweetness"?  That's like saying Antarctica has "a little bit of a chill."  Brit for Men reminds me of those moments at weddings when the bride and groom shove pieces of wedding cake into each others' faces, especially of those particularly déclassé couples who like to grind the cake sadistically into their partners' mouths and noses.  It's an unadulterated sugarbomb.  Brit for Men is like having white wedding cake ground into one's nose all day long.  Insinuating that Brit for Men is just "a little sweet" wins the award for Understatement of the Day for certain.

Serpent, easy now!

I really donęt know what to say about this one. First I could hardly pick it up, so subtle it was. Then on my sample card it went really nice after a while. It seems to hang around forever but with extremely low output, weird.
    Its very gingerbreadish to my nose and I can definitely smell roses as well. Will have to think about this one for a while. Meanwhile Ięll douse myself in my bottle of London and 1000 touch samples.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    "A little sweetness"?  That's like saying Antarctica has "a little bit of a chill."  Brit for Men reminds me of those moments at weddings when the bride and groom shove pieces of wedding cake into each others' faces, especially of those particularly déclassé couples who like to grind the cake sadistically into their partners' mouths and noses.  It's an unadulterated sugarbomb.  Brit for Men is like having white wedding cake ground into one's nose all day long.  Insinuating that Brit for Men is just "a little sweet" wins the award for Understatement of the Day for certain.
    LOL!     Deep down I think your a SWEET guy! ( a little)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Funny how different we all smell things. I know I mentioned the word "sweetness" but I would NEVER categorize Brit as being a sweet scent - and I mean that!! I can name 100 scents that are sweeter and I wonder how you react on scents like Givenchy Pi, Joop, Individuel or Rochas Man, to name just a few - they must be leathal to your nose!?

Mic.

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    Funny how different we all smell things. I know I mentioned the word "sweetness" but I would NEVER categorize Brit as being a sweet scent - and I mean that!! I can name 100 scents that are sweeter and I wonder how you react on scents like Givenchy Pi, Joop, Individuel or Rochas Man, to name just a few - they must be leathal to your nose!?
    Oh, well, come on, Pi is quite in a league of its own.  Spray on enough of that, and you can induce diabetes.  Only the Fruity Pebbles sugariness of Hanae Mori or maybe Joop! can even approach that.

Individuel's in the same league as Brit for Men, though.  It reminds me of those kids who eat popsicles and have the melted, sticky popsicle juice on their faces and hands. It makes me want to haul wearers to the sink and scrub them clean, like their mothers should do.  It's just way too sugary sweet for me.  Well, I'll elaborate:  It's too one-dimensionally sweet for me.  The sweetness is all I glean from the scent, nothing more.