Code of Conduct

Default Caron Tabac Blond parfum

I got a sample vial of this and trying it out today as my SOTD and I love it! I've been dying to try this for a long time. This one is definitely unisex and powerful! I put on a drop and its so rich and mesmerizing. I know this one is loved by most who try it. Can I get other people's impressions on this.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Caron Tabac Blond parfum

Did you purchase this on-line and, if so, where? I've also been dying to try this one.

I got the sample from BuffaloGal. I think she sells them. I also went to makeupalley.com while this board was down and apparently the Caron store in New York sells this cheaper if you buy large amounts of it. A bunch of ladies there are buying it in 200 mL amounts for a very good price and splitting it up. I got in on one of their deals and will be getting 10 mL of it for $26 plus whatever they charge me for shipping and the bottle so maybe $30-35 total for 10 mL of parfum! This is a steal considering that 15 mL of parfum usually sells for $150.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

MJH

Tabac Blond is probably the closest I've come to finding a 'Holy Grail' scent. It's rich and opulent and (IMO) isn't particular masculine or feminine. It's so well-blended that it's difficult to pick out specific notes: leather and tobacco seem to predominate, although I've read that there's no real tobacco involved (just as leather is never actually used to produce 'leather notes'). It's taken me awhile to pick out some of the floral and incense notes that lie at the base of the scent. It's one of the few scents that makes me feel 'rich'.

In case you're wondering heres the link of prices

http://makeupalley.com/board/m.asp?i...522&ipn=19

You can call the Caron store in New York to order. I don't know their number or website.

This one is smelling better to me as it drys down.

Is there any difference...other than strength... between the P, Edp and Edt ?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Is there any difference...other than strength... between the P, Edp and Edt ?
    Thanks.
    I don't think they sell the edp but from what I've heard the Edt and parfum do smell different, the parfum being much better.

Thanks, i'll keep an eye out for this stuff.

I'm now interested in this one after all the talk about it lately, and some of Caron's others as well. I am going to go to the botique in NYC soon and check them out and hopefully buy something.

Does Caron have a website?
    I can't find it.

Tabac Blond only comes in the extract form. There is no EdT or EdP. It is available from the Caron boutique on Madison Avenue in NYC. It comes in both a spray and a splash. In the spray it is $170 for 20 ml or $260 for 50 ml. The splash starts at $100 for of an ounce, $150 for , $180 for 2/3, and up to $500 for 200 ml.

These are the prices I got from the boutique. Im not sure why some of the volumes are measured in ml and others in ounces.

There is no Caron website, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Does Caron have a website?
    I can't find it.
    I don't think they do. Do a google search for the Caron store in New York and try to find their phone number if you want to order something.

Heres the prices and phone number from another board. According to them and to parfumelle.com which also sells Tabac Blond an EdT does exist.

The store has Tabac Blond in stock in both parfum and EDT formulations.
    Sizes and prices are:
    Parfum splash
    7.5 ml - $100
    15 ml - $150
    25 ml - $180
    50 ml - $240
    100 ml - $340
    200 ml - $520
    Parfum spray
    20 ml - $170
    50 ml - $260
    EDT spray
    20 ml - $100
    50 ml - $130
    100 ml - $160

She told me shipping ranges from $7.50 to $11, and that if you live outside NY, there's no sales tax.
    Phone number is 877-882-2766 (toll free) or 212-319-4888.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    Tabac Blond is probably the closest I've come to finding a 'Holy Grail' scent. It's rich and opulent and (IMO) isn't particular masculine or feminine. It's so well-blended that it's difficult to pick out specific notes
    Ditto that! .....especially the 'Holy Grail' part.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I am anxiously awaiting a sample ;D