Code of Conduct

Default New Arpege for men

Inter Parfums records net-income drop of 6%

US fragrance manufacturer Inter Parfums Inc reports that net income was down by 6% on year for the fourth quarter of 2004 to $3.5m. The company previously reported a Q4 sales increase of 30% to $63.8m. On a more positive note, full-year net income was up 13% to $15.7m, while sales rose 27% on year to $236m.

Inter Parfums executive vp and chief financial officer Russell Greenberg reiterated forecasted $280m of sales for this year and net income that should come in at 2004 levels.

Speaking about the results, Inter Parfums chairman and ceo Jean Madar took the opportunity to explain some of the companyâs new initiatives. He explained that distributors should expect to see higher selling prices to partially offset the higher royalty and marketing costs incurred under the new terms of the Burberry license. ãSupplier price concessions are also in the works. In our opinion, the most productive step will be the formation of joint ventures or company-owned subsidiaries within key markets to handle Burberry fragrance distribution,ä Madar added.

Madar also explained that both acquisitions and brand extensions will be key for future development. ãHaving made two acquisitions in 2004, the Lanvin fragrance license and the majority stake in Nickel, acquisitions are clearly an important ingredient in our growth strategy. [·] Brand extension has been and will likely continue to be the foundation of our growth strategy. In addition to fragrance, we believe that several of our brands may be well suited to skincare and cosmetics programs, both of which we are now exploring.ä Indeed, Inter Parfums reserves the right to create skin- and personal-care lines according to the new Burberry contract.

In the meantime, the company will see through the international rollout of Celine currently taking place, will launch a new Christian Lacroix fragrance family this summer and will introduce an Arpge for men!!! under the Lanvin license this fall.

Default Re: New Arpege for men

Wow! I do hope the presentation will be similar to the ladies edition. If so it won't matter what it smells like

Can't wait

Trot

Aprge for Men... that sounds very weird in my ears. What's next N¡5 pour Homme, Monsieur l'Air du Temps, Shalimar L'Homme :-/

It does sound weird but I guess in the recent past many designer scents have been launched for both men and women at the same time - Emporio Armani, DKNY, Paul Smith London, Cerruti 1881, etc, etc And then of course there have been the much later launches of a male version of an older, perhaps classic female fragrance - L'Instant, Rive Gauche and so on. ???

BTW what does Arpege mean?

Trot

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Aprge for Men... that sounds very weird in my ears. What's next N¡5 pour Homme, Monsieur l'Air du Temps, Shalimar L'Homme :-/
    Shhh! Don't give them any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky
    BTW what does Arpege mean?
    From what I know, "Arpge" is from the French for the Italian "arpeggio," a musical term meaning "the sounding of the tones of a chord in rapid succession rather than simultaneously."

I can only imagine the advertising now...

..."so promise him anything, but give him Arpege Homme."
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Jeanne Lanvin created the perfume as a gift for the 30th birthday of her daughter, Marie-Blanche, who was a musician. The Lanvin logo is a stylised portret of Jeanne and her Marie-Blanche.

this is just pathetic :-[