Code of Conduct
    melati

Default Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin

House: Mauboussin Parfums http://www.perfumebay.com/brands-m-m...n-for-men.html
    Family: Woody Oriental
    Launch Date: 2003
    Scent featuring: lavender, cinnamon, vanilla bourbon and bergamot.

I purchased this recently from perfumebay.com, thought it does not have lasting power... I can't smell it after 10-15 minutes!

What do you think of this fragrance?

Default Re: Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin

Hey Melati!

Well, I love this stuff. It doesn't have the sillage it could have, but, it is easy to wear and smells great.

You can check out what others have to say about this scent by doing a search using the function above, and then type in the name of the scent. This has had many posts in the past! I think overall, it is liked, but not loved!

marlen

melati

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Hey Melati!

Well, I love this stuff. It doesn't have the sillage it could have, but, it is easy to wear and smells great.

You can check out what others have to say about this scent by doing a search using the function above, and then type in the name of the scent. This has had many posts in the past! I think overall, it is liked, but not loved!

marlen
    I totally agree on what you've said. Thank you!

Love this scent too but no lasting power in the edt.

There is a eau de parfum version I recieve a sample one from a friend and it as all day with great sillage. This version was so much more richer and spicy sweet.

I just have searched all over and can not find it anywere in the USA.

Check out Diana de Silva Cosmetics website they show the men's edp

I love it too - it is a really great scent which ALWAYS gives me compliments.

I am very surprised about your opinion(s) about losting power. It is one of the very few scents that lasts on me (I also have the deo stick - is also really great!).

Think I will wear it tomorrow!

Mic.

I sampled this, and though I thought it smelled nice, it didn't really wow me. I also couldn't smell it on my wrist after about an hour.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I thought it was pretty good, but it barely lasted an hour in my wrist test, so I passed on it.
    Renato

Overcome By Fumes

A little behind the crowd, but better late than never... Or maybe there is not yet a crowd, anyway.

I have sampled this a few times now, each time planning to finally be able to say, "Hmm, not really that good," but each time thinking, "Hmm, really quite good!". I tried this one again this weekend and I truly like the wood-lavender accord of this one. Although it has a soft vanilla it is not Pour un Homme by any means. The lavender is balanced against sage and rosemary herbal tones which are softened by the vanilla and backed by sandalwood and patchouli. A pinch of spice (cinnamon) accents it very nicely. This is a well made if somewhat offbeat fragrance.
    Last edited by docluv45; 3rd April 2007 at 01:09 AM.

This one of those scents that I keep trying at the store, and I can never decide whether I actually like it. It's decent, but it doesn't blow me away either. My local fragrance discounter has it on sale fairly cheap, but I've always found other stuff to buy that smells better or more intriguing.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

If you like this scent you should try TL Pour Lui by Ted Lapidus. Very rich sillage and long lasting.

I just ordered the EDP from perfumebay....
    Anyone notice a considerable difference between this and the EDT ?
    I noticed one person said yes....but any other opinions?
    Also, I really like the edt and it lasts 6-8 hrs on me pretty good.
    Thanks.

Smile Re: Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin

MH is a lavender wet dream. However, I prefer Caron Pour un Homme as my signature lavender scent. Why? I only need one lavender for my wardrobe. The opening notes of MH are exquisite, but then, the dry down is very understated. As far as its longevity, just when I think it's history, I'll catch an exquisite glimpse of its beautiful heart. It wears close to the body and it lasts for about 3 - 4 hours on me.
    As far as the bottle goes, and I know it represents a fine jewelry company, but it is truly vulgar.