Code of Conduct

Default My 5 newest purchases

I have broke down and bought 5 more "sorely needed" fragrances and am expecting their arrival this week. They are some of the most popular fragrances on basenotes and hopefully I will love them as well. Here they are:

Millesimie Imperial (1oz spray decant)
    B*men (1/3 oz roll on decant)
    Lanvin L'homme (3.4 oz spray)
    Dolce & Gabbana pour homme (4.2 oz spray)
    Gucci Envy (3.4 oz spray)

This will make 30 fragrances that I currently own which is more that enough. I am going to try to cease my purchases for an extended period of time or I will be broke.

Default Re: My 5 newest purchases

Good choices on the MI and B*Men. They'll be in the mail tomorrow. I also like Lanvin l'homme but don't own it. I need to make a resolution like yours of no more fragrances!
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

cookesoul,

If you can keep to just 30... you will be showing much more willpower and restraint than most of us.

Good luck!

;-)

Griff
    Griff

I have the gucci envy .You will be very happy with it

I too own Envy and it is one of my favorites ever. Let it dry down though before you regret your purchase. You'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    cookesoul,

If you can keep to just 30... you will be showing much more willpower and restraint than most of us.

Good luck!

;-)

Griff
    I totally agree. For me it was like the song of the sirene, once you hear it ,there is no turning back.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

I just hope you've sampled will learn an early (30 bottle) lesson. Many a fragrance have I bought blind or by high reviews, and now have fluid paperweights.

I'm trying to narrow mine down to 30 or less but it ain't workin' ... :-[

You made some nice choices.

Nothing radical or avant gard, but nice scents.

I have Lanvin on my swaplist if anyone is interested.

30 fragrances!
    But that means that if you use a different one each day, in only a month you'll be repeating the thirty all over again.
    Won't that be a bit dull?
    Renato
    (P.S. Very good choices by the way)

Cookesoul, Excellent choices!

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    30 fragrances!
    But that means that if you use a different one each day, in only a month you'll be repeating the thirty all over again.
    Won't that be a bit dull?
    Renato
    (P.S. Very good choices by the way)
    Now, Renato that is just the kind of challenge that gets us in the sh*t ;D

I too drew the line at 30. That was about 5-6 months ago, and now I'm pushing 60.

:P

Damn you Basenotes!

;D
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I have since added Marc Jacobs and L'eau d'Issey pour homme to my wardrobe. My takes on all seven below:

MI----I still don't understand this one yet. I have sprayed it on before bedtime several times but haven't wore it all day at work. When spring finally gets here I can see me wearing this for a more accurate evaluation.

B*men----Whoa!! This is the darkest scent I own and will only get worn when I think the mood is right for such a scent---kind of smells like Jr. mints to me.

Lanvin L'homme----I've worn this one a few times already and although I think it may have worn off a few hours later someone will ask "What kind of cologne is that?" and when I tell them they give you that "I've never heard of that but I like it" look. Very subtle and seductive

Dolce & Gabbana-----This is my favorite buy of the entire lot. I develop olfactory block pretty quickly but this still gets noticed late in the day. More complex than I expected with notes that I can't even describe.

Gucci Envy----Like everyone says "let this one dry down" as it smells terrible at first application. Later on it develops nicely and has been worn on several night time events lately that may not be reflected on SOTD postings by myself.

Marc Jacobs----One lady I work with asked me what kind of tanning lotion I was using "because it smells so good"----is that a compliment or a slam????? Anyway, I can't find myself wearing this one real often unless I am headed to the beach or club.

L'eau d'Issey pour homme---With only one day of wearing it and evaluating it I can safely say this is one of the more weird scents that I own. Several notes appeared throughout the day and nine hours after application I received a compiment from a lady saying "Damn Matt, you smell so good today!" this was after I thought it had completely wore off. Oh well