Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creed Blending

Default Creed Blending

I wanted to share something I learned from my good friend J.W. who has contributed so much to Basenotes. His presence here is missed of late. J.W. has contributed a review for just about all of the Creed scents and I consider him a tremendous wealth of information on Creed and all other aspects of scent.
    Creed recently changed its North American distributor but previously the organization now known as Bond 9 was Creed‚s distributor. They had three flagship stores in New York City and aside from offering the whole Creed lineup including the Vintage scents, room sprays and ancillary products, they offered a custom blending service. They would decant desired amounts of Creed scent, usually into a custom Creed atomizer and most of the time these decants were pre-existing custom Creed blends.
    They had a listing of these blends and which pre-existing Creed scents they contained but I have no specific information on the ratios of each fragrance in the mixture.
    I would like to share what I have on this and I would like to ask if anyone has any further info to add to this Creed blending. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere yet I understand that this blending was quite common in the New York City Creed shops.
    I will use abbreviations for the scents to save some time and space and most are already familiar with them.

„Royal Blendš = RW+MI (or SMW)
    „Enigmatic Blendš = New Tab+MI (or RW)
    „The Smart Blendš = Fluerissimo+GIT
    „Crystal Blendš = RW+ Bois de Cedrat (or MI)
    „Oceanic Breezeš= Erolfa + Neroli Sauvage
    „Elixer of Youthš = Orange Spice+RW+MI
    „Sensual Waterš = Chevrefeuille+MI
    „Blend of Seductionš= Acier Aluminum+Neroli Sauvage+ZMP
    „Majestical Waterš = MI+BdP
    „Sunshine Blendš = Spring Flower + SMW
    „Divine Blendš= Fantasia de Fleurs + Fleurissimo
    „Blend of Loveš = SF +MI
    „Innocent Blendš= SF+MI+SMW
    „Noble Blendš = Vintage Tab + Citrus Bigarade
    „Scent of Styleš = RW+SF (or MI)
    „Magical Scentš = GIT+SMW+ZMP
    „Cocktail of Passionš = Erolfa+BdP
    „Capture by Desireš = New Tab+MI+Green Valley
    „The Love Affair Blendš=FdF+Tuberose Indiana+MI
    „Secret of Immortalityš= BdP+Selection Verte
    „The Blend of Successš = GV+GIT+Vintage Tab
    „Blend of Magnetic Forcesš= ZMP+NS+RW
    „The Royal Iberianš = BdP+REL+GIT
    and an unnamed blend that is just amazingly deep and rich = Fleur de the Rose Bulgarie +Vintage Tabarome.

Please note that the last two are J.W.‚s own blends and rest assured, they are absolutely terrific!

Notice that there are several Creed‚s that are not listed in any blends. Some may be difficult to combine such as Epicea, Aubepine Acacia, Cuir de Russie,Baie de Genievre and a few others that don‚t immediately come to mind. I am sure there is a place for these others in your personal blends but I don‚t have any other specific info for them.

Any other information on this is appreciated as well as any other specific blends that you have created that worked out well.

Happy blending!
    Regards, Eric

Default Re: Creed Blending

WOW!
    This is great info...considering I'm a Creed Rookie...In less than 1 month I have amassed 17 diferent creed scents....and I'm thinking of going all the way to 23...what the hell?
    I'm wondering if you would be able to spray on the same spot to achieve similar effects of decanting together.

I notice the absense of Himalaya in these blends. When something is perfect, the only reason to blend is to improve on another.

Actually.....I think the info was all compiled before the introduction of Himalaya....... ;D I would bet that Himalaya would nicely fit into a blend, possibly with MI, SMW,RW or even GIT? OV is another newer release that can likely be blended as well.
    I would reckon that experimentation is the key here since we don't know what we are dealing with as far as ratios and/or layering by alternate spray/splash or blending just by decanting, which is likely the only way they did it at Creed on Bond.

Eric

There is a listing of this in pdf form on the yahoo boards. If anyone's interested in it, email me, Paul.Gamboa@basenotes.net and I'll be happy to send it to you.

I tried Blending/layering AA and NS today...the result?
    Not bad at all. I wouldn't say it was outstanding but it held its own.
    I first sprayed on AA then 5 minutes later applied NS.
    The first hr the NS was clearly dominant but now after 4 hrs I can smell the strange sweetness of AA combined with the orange blossem...pretty cool.

FYI...
    I just put together the Royal Blend (RW, MI, SMW)
    and it is MONEY! I put 3 equal parts into a spray atomizer...It seems that the Dominant frag is MI with a hint of RW coming into play...I cannot detect the SMW as of yet...it has been 30 minutes.
    I'll check back in in about an hour.
    I have also put together Himalaya and Citrus Bigarrade...I know I know I shouldn't mess with a perfectly good frag but I just had a feeling this might smell pretty good. I'm getting ready to spray this on the other arm.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    FYI...
    I just put together the Royal Blend (RW, MI, SMW)
    and it is MONEY!   I put 3 equal parts into a spray atomizer...It seems that the Dominant frag is MI with a hint of RW coming into play...I cannot detect the SMW as of yet...it has been 30 minutes.
    I'll check back in in about an hour.
    I have also put together Himalaya and Citrus Bigarrade...I know I know I shouldn't mess with a perfectly good frag but I just had a feeling this might smell pretty good.  I'm getting ready to spray this on the other arm.
    The RW is making a stronger appearance ...the MI is still Dominant but the peppermint and musk are becoming stronger in the overall scent.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22

The RW is making a stronger appearance ...the MI is still Dominant but the peppermint and musk are becoming stronger in the overall scent.
    Oh, about the Himalaya and CB...The CB came out strong with the Limey feature...However, now after about an hour Himal;aya is clearly the dominant scent with a touch of Lime....Smells OK but doesn't really add to the great Himalaya.

Default blending

is spraying (in any order) all two or three or four of the creeds on the same spot on your skin a few seconds apart the proper way to blend?

BdP and MI is a winner.

Default Re: blending

Quote Originally Posted by STONEWEED1
    is spraying (in any order) all two or three or four of the creeds on the same spot on your skin a few seconds apart the proper way to blend?
    ???
    I'm not positive, but I believe that is called layering.
    Blending would be actually decanting them into the same spray...I think.
    Does anyone else know for sure ?

Layering one onto another can be risky, particularly from different lines. Another way is to apply them adjacently and allow the sillage to combine. That way there will not be an opportunity for them to react chemically.

Etro is purposely designed for layering so there would be no risk. Apparently Creed too.

I layered Lucifer No. 3 over Cédre thinking the subtle Cédre would mute the rather flamboyant one. Instead it edged the volitility over the line into a heavy rankness. I did this one morning on the way to the office and had to suffer it all day long.

I've layered MdM over Etra many times and the subtle Etra does soften the more volitile MdM well enough for the office.

Another combo I recommend is Égoēste on the chest with some JAIPUR at the neck. This is wonderful. If you find the bitter medicinal note of Égoēste a bit much, JAIPUR will powder it down and the vanillas match up nicely.

Just an FYI...

I've just put two together tonight and am suprised how happy I am with them...

1. Ocean Breeze (NS and Erolfa)

Basically this starts off Strong as Erolfa and dries down to a nice blend of Citrus/Neroli and Marine notes...it definitely is a relaxing "Ocean Breeze"

2. Green Irish Valley (GV and GIT)

Basically GIT with a hint of Vanilla and Mint....
    Starts off a Strong GV then as the mid-base notes come in it's GIT dominated...The Verbena, Iris, Ambergris, Mint and Vanilla play nicely.
    (I think that's what I smell ?)
    My wife really liked it.

I took two shots of NS, two shots of SMW, and a shot of RW, and it's not too shabby. I have a number of Creeds that generally sit back in the collection, and though I've tried blending once before, I think this is a good way of playing around and coming up with something new.

The Capture of Desire and Blend of Success will be two I'll have to try out later this week.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by misterbowles
    BdP and MI is a winner.
    Wow, this really is a great combo!

Ain't it, though? BdP and Erolfa will knock your socks off, too.

I'm gonna have to try the BdP blends....definitely.

I've tried a few of my own combinations (just spraying both on the same spot)...

Baie de Genievre and Neroli Sauvage is quite excellent, masculine and clean but not sharp-edged. It removes the bad aspects of both (NS can be slightly over-sweet and simple, and BdG can be a bit feminine), and it combines the best parts of both. I'd love to hear anyone else's opinion of this combination. It's not flamboyant but it's quite unique.

Neroli Sauvage and Epicia is almost EXACTLY like Erolfa, just a bit less salty.

I'm gonna try MI + SMW...I'm hoping the SMW can carry the MI a little bit longer. Should be interesting!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I just found out about this at Halls yesterday. I was quite shocked at first, but Creed makes it's own atomizers in which to mix these, and you can reuse and refill whenever you want, so it seems like they thought about it before encouraging customers to make their own mixes. Just wondering, I neglected to ask, how much are the creed atomizers?
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I don't think the Creed Atomizers are for "mixing" per se...but they are available for those with Flacons. Retail, they are insanely expensive as their scents are. However, creedirect on ebay was selling them for super cheap. If you can tolerate the wait.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

. . . how much are the creed atomizers?
    - Rich
    Leather Atomizer US$110.00 at neiman marcus
    quite an expensive "cannister" just for blending purposes.

Creedirect hasn't listed any for quite some time (must be finally OOS).
    Last edited by zeram1; 2nd June 2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: addendum
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

LOL i was doing a decant for someone 2 hours ago and put Green Irish Tweed into a atomizer that had previously had Virgin Island water by mistake
    i decided i may as well fill up the final 3rd with the VIW as it was already tainted , i gave it a shake and sprayed it on my wrist.
    well at first it was a minty boozy coconut smell
    it has now dried down and the Green Irish Tweed is predominant with a creamy tinge of coconut
    it actually smells quite nice
    i have a 10ml dose of it which i will try again another night and let you know how i get on
    if anyone in the uk fancies trying a bit send me a atomizer and il put a dose in it for you to try (pm me)
    so i guess it will be named
    Virgin Irish Tweed ? any other suggestions?
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Green Irish Island hehe!

Wow, you resurrected my thread from ancient times!

Your blend seems excellent. The Creed's that have come out since this was written seem to add some nice options to the blending possibilities.
    Adding GIT to VIW likely gives some nice depth and added longevity/sillage to the VIW and doesn't seem to completely overshadow it per your findings.
    Very cool.
    Eric

I'm surprised this thread isn't more active given the number of Creed fans on BN. I have seen other threads talking about blending Creeds, but is there anything more comprehensive than this thread? Based on the Creed UK website product listings, if you consider only the Men's Millesimes (14) and EdTs (13), that means there are (27*26) = 702 possible combinations of two to consider, so somebody's got a lot of work to do (smile).

PS -- I hope I did the math right ... I'm a lawyer, so I make no warranties.

been a good 3 hourrs now and its still going strong and getting smoother as the minuites pass
    its like green irish tweed with a hint of coconut , sort of a fragrance equivalent of cherry coke i guess!
    Last edited by s130178; 18th January 2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Quote Originally Posted by s130178 View Post
    LOL i was doing a decant for someone 2 hours ago and put Green Irish Tweed into a atomizer that had previously had Virgin Island water by mistake
    i decided i may as well fill up the final 3rd with the VIW as it was already tainted , i gave it a shake and sprayed it on my wrist.
    it has now dried down and the Green Irish Tweed is predominant with a creamy tinge of coconut
    i have a 10ml dose of it which i will try again another night and let you know how i get on
    if anyone in the uk fancies trying a bit send me a atomizer and il put a dose in it for you to try (pm me)
    "Irish Virgin wearing Green Tweed miniskirt will love you if you wear this Water"

Hmmm where's that post about mind f%^* fragrances, I think I've found mine!
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Talking Re: Creed Blending

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    "Irish Virgin wearing Green Tweed miniskirt will love you if you wear this Water"

Hmmm where's that post about mind f%^* fragrances, I think I've found mine!
    LOL! GREAT STUFF
    The World Is Yor Lobster

Acier Aluminum plus Orange Spice is very nice.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s130178 View Post
    Island Tweed
    Irish Virgin
    Green Water
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Just tried a blend of BdP and MI. Was a little skeptical at first, but wow! This is great! Will definitely try again.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Thumbs up Re: Creed Blending

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    „Magical Scentš = GIT+SMW+ZMP
    „The Blend of Successš = GV+GIT+Vintage Tab
    These 2 sound really good.
    I don't have a bottle of GIT yet, and no more sample either.

But I do have some samples, and I have 2 blends some of you may like:
    Maybe not avant-garde, or risky, but I like them alot.

1. "OLD MONEY"
    -2 part- Bois Du Portugal
    -1 part- Selection Verte
    -1 part- VintageTabarome

Surprisingly refreshing/bracing, spicy, earthy, and also surprisingly sweet.

2. "NEW MONEY"
    -1.5 part- Himalaya
    -1 part- Millesime Imperial
    -1 part- Original Vetiver

Very very crisp at the start, and the MI citrus is still there on the drydown, which is buttery smooth, with softened but very strong citrus and greens. I'mma wear this alot alot.

I imagine "NEW MONEY" might also smell good substituting GIT for Himalaya, but I've been skeptical to buy GIT on the bay, and no more sample
    So If anyone wants to try "NEW MONEY" with GIT, please let me know what sticks out, and your overall impression.

Peace.

SMW + OV

=

Sexy Money.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Wearing GIT and Tab Mill tonight together and it's great.

Also tried an interesting one last night - Vintage Tab and Malle Une Rose - wow!
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Wearing GIT and Tab Mill tonight together and it's great.

Also tried an interesting one last night - Vintage Tab and Malle Une Rose - wow!
    Ged,
    That does sound amazing. If you have access to Creed's Fleur de Rose Bulgarie, it's just amazing mixed with Vintage Tab. Very, very rich, deep, masculine, tobacco rose. IMO, the best Creed blend so far.

Ged,
    That does sound amazing. If you have access to Creed's Fleur de Rose Bulgarie, it's just amazing mixed with Vintage Tab. Very, very rich, deep, masculine, tobacco rose. IMO, the best Creed blend so far.
    Wow I bet that'd be great too. It's a shame the Private Collections are such big bottles and so expensive. I'll be saving for a while to finally own Vintage Tab - living off decants at the moment.

Ged

Somebody slap me but i HATE blending Creed.
    I like them as is.

I don't know if you guys can read this, but this is the biggest I can make this sheet. Basically the blends listed. I had this PDF in my email account, thought maybe some wanted to read.

That's a great list, but I suspect the percent used of each element is pretty important?

Basenotes Institution

About three or four months ago while browsing in Neiman Marcus, I stopped by the Creed counter to smell Citrus Bigarade.

The SA, an extremely helpful, informative (and cute-as-a-button) guy asked me how I knew about Creed - after I asked him the price on Selection Verte. Actually, it was more like...'How do you know about Selection Verte?' I think I threw him a little.

Anyway we got to talking about scents I like, Basenotes, etc. He actually told he me he'd logged onto Basenotes a couple of times. He told me that he'd come up with a bunch of his favorite 'blends' of Creeds. He asked me if I wanted to smell them. I told him I was already drenched with fragrances, but I'd be willing to sniff the paper blotters.

Of the few that he offered to smell the two that stood out were:

Fleurissimo and Green Irish Tweed (mind you, I kind of hate GIT - but this combo smelled fantastic)
    Original Santal and Original Vetiver

I asked him how he came up with these combinations. He said he just tried out blends, when he was bored, and ever so often he'd find one that he liked.

Here's an unusual blend that smells pretty good: Green Irish Tweed + Royal English Leather.

Oddly enough i think Green Valley is I.M. mixed with a touch of Tabarome Millisime.
    Or maybe its just me...But i DO love G.V.

The last week I've been mixing Green Valley with Green Irish Tweed, and Original Vetiver.
    Green Valley is slowly becoming one of my favorite scents to blend others with. The Oakmoss, vanilla, and Patchouli drydown lasts and projects under everything.

I'm also eager to grab some BDP, to Mix:

1 part Bois Du Portugal
    2 parts Green Irish Tweed
    1.5 parts Original Vetiver

I'm fond of Original Santal with Neroli Sauvage. NS brings down the sweetness of OS in just the right proportion.

A sales clerk advised that OS and GIT works well, too. Tried it - not bad, perhaps a bit too sweet.

*resurrecting thread*

I have found that Selection Verte is the perfect "topping" to most all of Creed's "green" scents (and most citrus too). I haven't tried mixing in a bottle yet, just layering, but I think the layering works really well.

Green Irish Tweed base + SV
    Green Valley base + SV
    Original Vetiver base + SV
    Neroli Sauvage base + SV
    Himalaya + SV

All of these work, but the top three are just sublime. The millesimes have basenotes that are heavy enough to carry the day. The top notes in SV then just ride the wave until it settles into a perfectly adjusted mix.

A great way to make Creed's already very fresh green/citrus scents even more invigorating and bright. Just in time for spring.

Anybody just spray say MI and GIT on a body part without mixing it up in an atomizer?

I layer MI and GIT together and it is great

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The last week I've been mixing Green Valley with Green Irish Tweed, and Original Vetiver.
    Green Valley is slowly becoming one of my favorite scents to blend others with. The Oakmoss, vanilla, and Patchouli drydown lasts and projects under everything.
    Try 1:1 of GV:FdB

Anyone tried anything paired with Aventus?

Have never blended any Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Anyone tried anything paired with Aventus?
    Just tried it with Erolfa. Pretty good, smells like champagne sort of.
    Last edited by adonis; 23rd August 2011 at 10:40 PM.

„Oceanic Breezeš= Erolfa + Neroli Sauvage
    „Royal Blendš = RW+MI
    „Blend of Magnetic Forcesš= ZMP+NS+RW
    „Blend of Seductionš= Acier Aluminum+Neroli Sauvage+ZMP

I have all four of these on my hands right now

Oceanic Breezeš: This is beautiful, the citrus of NS blend in with the strong tangerine in Erolfa, and you have the great ambergris base.

Royal Blendš: Nice, it is very regal. Definitely something to walk around in a castle in.

Blend of Magnetic Forcesš: Was surprised by this one, it's a very nice sweet green citrus.

Blend of Seductionš: It's interesting, it sweetened the ZMP and added the metallic tinge from AA.

hey guys, here are some more blends!

Windsor + Orange Spice: A regal and carefree mix combining both the oranges.

Baie de Genievre + Royal Water: A must for those who love juniper berries.

Himalaya + Bois de Cedrat: An ice cold cedarwood combo

Royal English Leather + Santal Imperial: Combining the base of ambergris and sandalwood with the beautiful Tonka Bean from SI with the leather from RL.

Bois du Portugal + Vetiver: Combining the bases of Vetiver, Ambergris and Sandalwood, resulting in something similar to the originals but greener and woodier.

i accidentally mixed some bois de santal with vintage guerlain vetiver edc and i was floored. i always keep a 10 ml atomizer of this stuff at home now.

eric b
    Last edited by e-dub; 24th August 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Here's a new one - I call this Arabian Smoke:

A blend of Aventus + Royal Oud.

Or, just spray Royal Oud, and then Aventus on top. What you get will be an accord of oud, spices, smoke and a bit of fruit. Good stuff.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Here's a new one - I call this Arabian Smoke:

A blend of Aventus + Royal Oud.

Or, just spray Royal Oud, and then Aventus on top. What you get will be an accord of oud, spices, smoke and a bit of fruit. Good stuff.
    I tried this. It oddly takes on a Windsor-like quality.

Aventus (50%) + Jardin d'Amalfi (50%) = "Aventus d'Amalfi". This is probably my favorite blend ever. It is the only one i've done where I actually like it better than the original. For all those who like Aventus but wish the fruity opening would last longer, TRY THIS. It's an A+.

Vintage Tabarome (50%) + Feuille Verte (50%) = "Tabarome Verte". For anyone lucky enough to have these two fragrances, you are already aware of their similar characters. Which makes them work so well when blended together. Highly recommend. A.

Royal Oud (40%) + Spice & Wood (60%) = "Royal Spice, Oud, and Wood". Another example of complementary fragrances. A.

Fleur de Bulgarie (50%) + Tabarome Millesime (50%) = "Fleur de Tabarome". I never would have thought to put these two together. But was given this by someone else and this combination is just amazing. Some blends smell like two fragrances blended together. You can smell one then smell the other if you try. THIS one is great because it literally makes an entirely new fragrance. And it is very very good. A.

Aventus (50%) + Love in Black (50%) = a weapon of mass destruction. a concoction so vile you will run to the shower. a chemical cesspool. Imagine taking a graham cracker and sprinkling dog hair on top, then setting that on fire. I don't know what I was thinking. DO NOT ATTEMPT!! F.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaj View Post
    Aventus (50%) + Jardin d'Amalfi (50%) = "Aventus d'Amalfi". This is probably my favorite blend ever. It is the only one i've done where I actually like it better than the original. For all those who like Aventus but wish the fruity opening would last longer, TRY THIS. It's an A+.

Vintage Tabarome (50%) + Feuille Verte (50%) = "Tabarome Verte". For anyone lucky enough to have these two fragrances, you are already aware of their similar characters. Which makes them work so well when blended together. Highly recommend. A.
    I have Jardin d'Amalfi from a carded sample and thought that it was a bit too dainty and feminine for my taste. But, that Aventus d'Amalfi is good stuff. JdA extends the top of Aventus giving it mandarin orange or better yet blood orange smoky floral feel, kind of dark. I think this would be just as big of a compliment getter as Aventus alone.

Tabarome Verte: Feuille Verte and Vintage Tabarome, two of my Creed faves, and very similar and completely different at the same time. This combo brightens the VT and extends the base of FV. Thanks
    I want to try Tabarome Millesime with Vetiver 48, and Fleur de thť rose Bulgare with a eucalyptus/cedar heavy batch of 2010 Windsor and see what I come up with.
    Last edited by PEARL; 13th November 2011 at 08:03 PM.