Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Cool Water

This is similar to my Drakkar Noir question from a few weeks ago. A local store is running a sale on Cool Water. I liked this one when it was new, and I still think it smells nice. I also think that it occupies a prominent place in the history of male fragrance. That said, I wonder if it's too "played out." If I wear this, will it evoke negative connotations among coworkers, friends, etc. ? Do you consider this a good price, and more importantly, do you consider this worth having, if only for "historical value"?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: Davidoff Cool Water

Use the money to buy a decant of something else.

Why So Serious?

i agree, use the money to buy some niche decants, Cool Water is just straight down played out.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I just bought 4.2 oz for under $25 so I would definitely buy it but don't buy 1.4 oz for $16 .  

I just nailed a gift set on Ebay: 4.2 EDT and 2.5 A/S for $20.50

I prefer GIT by Creed instead, though.

...and no, my nick has nothing to do with the Davidoff fragrance

Personally, I never get tired of smelling this scent on men.  I rarely smell it around anymore, but  I guess it depends where you live.  I think it's a modern classic, but I can see where Cool Water was in the 90s what Obsession was in the 80s.  Hey, but Obession seems so unique now instead of ubiquitous.  

For real, from what I learned from fragrance, buy what ever you want, wear whenever u want. Don't believe everything ppl say about what's cheap what's good; it's you who make the choice at the end. All those niche scents are good, and got more depth. For that type of price, worth it or not for some depth, it's your choice.
    Also, it's up to the your personality and what it's use for too.

For me, I will wear Polo blue and other common scents, because they are truly really good scents. A whole lot of people stay away from those fragrances, because they are so common.

Good scent, but GIT is better IMHO.

It's a decent scent, but very overused, especially at the college campus I'm at.

Save your money and buy some GIT.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Bottom line: if you like it and will wear it, buy it. Though I think you could find a better deal than that on a bottle.

i quite liked it when it was given to me but now i hardly use it.  if you want it, i can send you the bottle which i have ...

cheers,
    skott

Quote Originally Posted by skott
    i quite liked it when it was given to me but now i hardly use it. if you want it, i can send you the bottle which i have ...

cheers,
    skott
    Sure! ;D

I took everyone's advice here, and passed on the Cool Water sale. I ordered Floris JF instead. :P Man, I need to stop the gratuitous spending.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei

Sure!  ;D

I took everyone's advice here, and passed on the Cool Water sale. I ordered Floris JF instead.  :P  Man, I need to stop the gratuitous spending.
    happy to do so, message me your mailing details.

Skott

I still buy it, especially in aftershave form. It's better than using Old Spice, that's for sure. As for the cologne itself, well, it may be played out, but mes amis, I can vouch that women still go crazy for it. I keep a bottle in my nightstand drawer all the time. And a mark of a good fragrance is not how much it costs, so who cares if it's 20 bucks a pop? If you like it, buy it by all means. Not everyone has the cash to spend $90 plus for Creeds like I do. In Quality vs. Price, quality should always win. So Cool Water will always be a part of my wardrobe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laevus
    I can vouch that women still go crazy for it. :P
    quiza no lo haga ... just kidding!

skott ;D

Yvan

About half a year ago, a guy I knew was wearing this. The whiff I got was nice but synthetic, so I hadn't tried it at all until a week ago, when I got a mini. Thumbs down. It was very orangy, and tart or sour like in Neroli Sauvage; I also noticed the moss and musk. It has a certain fineness, but it was so polished that it felt a bit distant.

When the other guy was wearing it, it seemed like it also had mint, wood, herbs. I was expecting more and was waiting for deeper notes to come out, but they never did. It could just be the way it works on my skin chemistry.

i think its still a classy and good fragrance. i would buy it. i think it smells heavenly and is still one of my favs

i got my first compliment on colonge today using some cheap aftershave resembeling coolwater.  happened on the local pub.. this drives rock bitches nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    Bottom line: if you like it and will wear it, buy it.  Though I think you could find a better deal than that on a bottle.  

Agreed, get the juice and wear it.

Donęt like it at all,but am not particularly fond of the more expensive versions GIT or JF either. Something about this blend thatęs just so boring. Just another marine. I would get the blue Pierre Cardin instead if you just want marine freshness. Itęs extremely cheap as well.